2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

diffuser wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 13:17
I'm not sure why they use that picture with the brown and dead vegetation? Is that the impression of the team I should get?
It rains a lot in england. That vegetation isn't dead :lol:

zoroastar
zoroastar

Sherrinford wrote:
08 Jul 2024, 16:46
Newey has stated that he will decide in the autumn, there is no point in thinking about any announcements now. So we wait and hope he comes to Aston Martin. It is important not to lose people and add others, the more minds there are within the team the better. Let's not forget the AMR23 at the beginning of the season
contractually he cant announce a new team until sometime in september. so nobody will hear anything from him until then.that wont stop the media from putting him somewhere new every week though

KimiRai
KimiRai

It's Nugnes so caution is advised, but if translation is correct he said in this video that "it seems that the request for Cardile at Aston Martin was made by Adrian Newey himself".

Any italian speakers that could help confirm this? (time already selected)

Xyz22 wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 12:59
So is he replacing Andrew Green position who was moved in early 2023 if they are keeping the same job position names ?
You were italian, I think?

-wkst-
-wkst-

Schmidt:

They visited the factory (building 2 and 3). Unbelievable what AMR built there, number 1 infrastructure in F1. Factory Looks like a space laboratory.

395 engineers are working for the team currently, around 900 people overall, maybe 1000 in the future.

Cowell a good choice, better than Binotto, as he knows the English market.

Everyone thought Cardile comes in the slipstream of Binotto. In fact he is a good friend of Amedeo Felisa, knowing each other from the past. He is a good organizer, which AMR needs. Noone who designs the car but sits the engineers at the right place.

Newey decision still open, Schmidt does not think talks with Ferrari were advanced.

diffuser

-wkst- wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 19:44
Schmidt:

They visited the factory (building 2 and 3). Unbelievable what AMR built there, number 1 infrastructure in F1. Factory Looks like a space laboratory.

395 engineers are working for the team currently, around 900 people overall, maybe 1000 in the future.

Everyone thought Cardile comes in the slipstream of Binotto. In fact he is a good friend of Amedeo Felisa, knowing each other from the past. He is a good organizer, which AMR needs. Noone who designs the car but sits the engineers at the right place.

Newey decision still open, Schmidt does not think talks with Ferrari were advanced.

Lawrence is a Mountie no ? They always get their man!

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

KimiRai wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 18:53
It's Nugnes so caution is advised, but if translation is correct he said in this video that "it seems that the request for Cardile at Aston Martin was made by Adrian Newey himself".

Xyz22 wrote:
So is he replacing Andrew Green position who was moved in early 2023 if they are keeping the same job position names ?
I am Italian and I confirm what you wrote, "Cardile's request seems to have been made by Adrian Newey" this is the most literal translation possible

KimiRai
KimiRai

Sherrinford wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 21:13
KimiRai wrote:

Xyz22 wrote:
I am Italian and I confirm what you wrote, "Cardile's request seems to have been made by Adrian Newey" this is the most literal translation possible
Thanks for confirmation. Now the most difficult and unlikely part, whether Nugnes gets it right...

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:

Xyz22 wrote:
What I understood was that people believed that Cardile was leaving to make room for Newey but in fact it's the other way around, Newey requested bringing Cardile over to AMR.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

Some people are saying Aston Martin are internally questioning the recent Alonso's performance. What u think about it? just haters? maybe any realistic thing to ask it? what u guays thinks about it?

makecry
makecry

Rikrikrik wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 23:06
Some people are saying Aston Martin are internally questioning the recent Alonso's performance. What u think about it? just haters? maybe any realistic thing to ask it? what u guays thinks about it?
Source?

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

makecry wrote:
10 Jul 2024, 00:11
Rikrikrik wrote:
Source?
Is just people who analise and comment about F1 in my country ( Brazil), and im curious because one of them said " i dont know about Stroll, but what i know is the AM questioning theirself about Alonso's performance" . just want what u guys think about that, they said that, because Alonso's age, of course. They believe Alonso is falling down because of his age, but, im not convince that.

604gtir
604gtir

if AMR had double stacked for the inters, Alonso would have finished much further ahead at Silverstone imo. Alonso suffered the same fate as Piastri.

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

Rikrikrik wrote:
10 Jul 2024, 00:27
makecry wrote:
Rikrikrik wrote:
Source?
Is just people who analise and comment about F1 in my country ( Brazil), and im curious because one of them said " i dont know about Stroll, but what i know is the AM questioning theirself about Alonso's performance" . just want what u guys think about that, they said that, because Alonso's age, of course. They believe Alonso is falling down because of his age, but, im not convince that.
Alonso has signed until 2026 with Aston Martin, don't worry and he's doing well this year too, they know it too

diffuser

Rikrikrik wrote:
10 Jul 2024, 00:27
makecry wrote:
Rikrikrik wrote:
Source?
He likely would have out qualified Stroll at Silverstone minus the traffic. Then from 2 places behind, he passed stroll......so they're complaining about his performance because he made a questionable call on the switch to inters?

He took a risk, not like they're competing for race wins. It isn't as cut and as you'd think. If you can keep enough heat in the tires, you can make it work. Obviously hindsight is 20/20.

dren

-wkst- wrote:
09 Jul 2024, 19:44
Schmidt:

They must have some engineers who are paying their way to engineer.
Honda!