Red Bull RB9 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
imightbewrong
imightbewrong

Re: Red Bull RB9 Renault

gandharva wrote:Very Interesting. RBR now uses the swan-neck air-inlet to feed both, beamwing and rearwing DRD. We already speculated about the extension of the system to the rearwing.

/edit 1
imightbewrong wrote:See this picture to see that it is a hole all the way through the beam wing:
http://oi49.tinypic.com/2l9k2nr.jpg
It isn't. Just search for pics where you can see the beam wing from the other side. No hole in any of the pictures. What you are referring to is reflections from the metal plate they mounted on both sides of the beam wing. It's there since first Barcelona test.

/edit 2
Here you can see the metal plates in the beamwing without any hole:
http://www.motorsport-magazin.com/image ... 472570.jpg
Maybe those metal plates contain the beamwing DRD trigger...
I disagree, I think that picture shows the channels. You can actually see the hole between the endplate and the metal plate on the beam wing and see the tarmac through it:
Last edited by imightbewrong on 01 Mar 2013, 15:34, edited 1 time in total.

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

Rikhart wrote:
imightbewrong wrote: Alright, I see. So the assumption is then that since there is flow viz there they are trying to monitor something there, and that must be the DRD?
Thats how I interpret it, at least!
Ok, we'll have to disagree on that point then. My theory is that they are checking the flow (of among other things on the beam wing) the tiny double element part that they are running next to the endplate, and that is why they have flow viz there.

stefan_
stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

gary123

I'm curious to know from where comes the air that feeds the drd :?:

dren

gary123 wrote:I'm curious to know from where comes the air that feeds the drd :?:
I'm guessing the way the inlets split under the exhaust ramp, one of them feeds it. Either that or it pulls air from the engine intake or the sidepods.
Honda!

gary123

dren wrote:
gary123 wrote:I'm curious to know from where comes the air that feeds the drd :?:
I'm guessing the way the inlets split under the exhaust ramp, one of them feeds it. Either that or it pulls air from the engine intake or the sidepods.
yes it could be

zoro_f1

new parts just arrived in red bull and new chassis as well.

Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

raymondu999

Interesting. I wonder what this will hold. Mind you I don't expect anything as last year's RB8-B
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

stefan_
stefan_

Barcelona (Test 3, Session 2) - Day 2 (01.03.2013)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Forza

Close-up of DRD

Blackout

The channel feeding the DRD is longer than I thought

McG

Finally, everyone knows that Red Bull is a joke and Max Verstappen is overrated.

wesley123
wesley123

Was it disallowed?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Forza

F1 test - BCN T02 - Day 2
ImageImage

dxpetrov
dxpetrov