2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sherrinford
Sherrinford

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

diffuser wrote:
23 Jul 2024, 20:42
Rikrikrik wrote:
23 Jul 2024, 20:15
Sherrinford wrote:
23 Jul 2024, 20:06
In my opinion, if they put the Bahrain car on the track they will have the same results if not better
Unfortunetly i need to agree with u. I think AMR24 is worse than AMR23. they expected this car was more easy to develop and he is absolute more difficult. I go to be honest, i think they are complete lost and just try combine piece trying to find any posite thing. But what is problem? Fallows? Krack? Wind tunnel? all things? they dont know. Spa they will better, but im not convinced.They need aproach to Ferrari before october to prove we are wrong and they finally found the way
The AMR24 qualified one second faster than the AMR23. 1:16.0 vs 1:17.0.

Doudt that true about the day 1 AMR24. The Suzuka upgrades surely helped the car. The AMR24 was close 1.5 seconds faster than the AMR23 that had raced there less tha 6 months prior... It's something we'll never know so why say it?
Melbourne and Jeddah Alonso managed to keep the Mercedes behind (the aggressive driving he had was fine, it's also true that the car responded well). Today something like this is unthinkable

diffuser

Sherrinford wrote:
24 Jul 2024, 00:01
diffuser wrote:
Rikrikrik wrote:
23 Jul 2024, 20:15
Unfortunetly i need to agree with u. I think AMR24 is worse than AMR23. they expected this car was more easy to develop and he is absolute more difficult. I go to be honest, i think they are complete lost and just try combine piece trying to find any posite thing. But what is problem? Fallows? Krack? Wind tunnel? all things? they dont know. Spa they will better, but im not convinced.They need aproach to Ferrari before october to prove we are wrong and they finally found the way

Doudt that true about the day 1 AMR24. The Suzuka upgrades surely helped the car. The AMR24 was close 1.5 seconds faster than the AMR23 that had raced there less tha 6 months prior... It's something we'll never know so why say it?
Melbourne and Jeddah Alonso managed to keep the Mercedes behind (the aggressive driving he had was fine, it's also true that the car responded well). Today something like this is unthinkable
Hold Mercedes behind? Or cars in general? There is no doubt they've lost ground to Merc. But is the AMR24 faster than the AMR23? Yes. By alot.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

diffuser wrote:
24 Jul 2024, 01:43
Sherrinford wrote:
diffuser wrote:

Hold Mercedes behind? Or cars in general? There is no doubt they've lost ground to Merc. But is the AMR24 faster than the AMR23? Yes. By alot.
I wrote wrong, i mean. When i said "AMR23 is faster" i think AMR23 looks more easy to find the right setup because, AM said AMR24 would be a better car for all tracks and would have a bigger windown to setups, and, i think, he looks more difficul than AMR23. But yeah, AMR24 is much faster, but, looks more difficult to drive and find setups

-wkst-
-wkst-

diffuser wrote:
23 Jul 2024, 23:54
-wkst- wrote:
23 Jul 2024, 21:10
diffuser wrote:
23 Jul 2024, 19:13

Not sure why Stroll would be unhappy, he trialed the update at Imola first. I say BS. He knows they each have turns being the first to test new parts.

Also, Alonso said the setup changes they came up with overnight friday improved the car immensely. So goes to AMR'S point that the upgrades were to make the car easier to get into different setup windows. Again BS. With new parts, it's not easy to nail the setup right away.

With regards to the temperature info, Fallows said that himself in his pre Hungary race interview.
ALO said setup changes helped, STR said after Q that it could just be that the lower temperatures helped.

Calling infos from someone bs, who provides maybe the best infos in the paddock, although you simply can’t judge that infos or prove it wrong, is real bs…
Alonso said the setup changes helped in FP3. STR said maybe the temp change helped after Q. Both can be true statements. The changes made in FP3 helped the car and it was further help by the change in temp for Q.
Sun wasn't shining in FP3, therefore track temps sank already about 5-7 degrees compared to FP2 and 15-20 degrees to FP1. That could have helped already a lot, let alone Q, where some drivers had problems to get heat into the tyres.

No wonder the team is quiet about the updates or set up changes. Difficult to judge with such differences in temps.

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

diffuser wrote:
Sherrinford wrote:
diffuser wrote:

The amr24 is probably faster even than the rb19, I mean every year the cars improve, I'm talking in proportion to the opponents. Then amr23 had better traction qualities than amr24, clearly overall the 24 is superior. However yes amr24 Bahrain in my opinion was faster than now, every race they take huge gaps from Mercedes of even 1 minute, which didn't happen at the beginning of the season (Alonso finished ahead of Russell in Arabia and also in Melbourne)

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Sherrinford wrote:
24 Jul 2024, 09:39
diffuser wrote:
Sherrinford wrote:

The amr24 is probably faster even than the rb19, I mean every year the cars improve, I'm talking in proportion to the opponents. Then amr23 had better traction qualities than amr24, clearly overall the 24 is superior. However yes amr24 Bahrain in my opinion was faster than now, every race they take huge gaps from Mercedes of even 1 minute, which didn't happen at the beginning of the season (Alonso finished ahead of Russell in Arabia and also in Melbourne)
HUNGARIAN GRAND PRIX 2023
Max: 1:38:08.634
HUNGARIAN GRAND PRIX 2024
Alonso: 1:39:24.449
Both race was clean without long yellow flags or vsc,sc.
Piastri 2024:
1:38:01.989
(Norris could finish even 10s faster if wanted to)
At qualification maybe faster than rb19 but at race not even close!

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
24 Jul 2024, 10:10
Sherrinford wrote:
24 Jul 2024, 09:39
diffuser wrote:

HUNGARIAN GRAND PRIX 2023
Max: 1:38:08.634
HUNGARIAN GRAND PRIX 2024
Alonso: 1:39:24.449
Both race was clean without long yellow flags or vsc,sc.
Piastri 2024:
1:38:01.989
(Norris could finish even 10s faster if wanted to)
At qualification maybe faster than rb19 but at race not even close!
Yes, I had taken the qualifying times as a reference, the gap in the race was embarrassing, after a year they are slower than last year's cars. I mean, do we realize it? Could this be the technical department?

Nikosar
Nikosar

As per AmuS : Audi has released Andreas Seidl & Oliver Hoffmann and appointed Mattia Binotto as new COO and CTO of the F1 project. Mike Krack could also join Audi in the near future according to our information.

There's an option with Krack leaving, so who do you think could replace him? Dan Fallows as TP?

Nikosar
Nikosar

Mike Krack says new wind tunnel won't be ready for 2025 Aston Martin car.

I hope they can get it functional for the 2026 car but according to the article it is unclear if they can get the 2026 car running.

https://formularapida.net/en/krack-says ... artin-car/

-wkst-
-wkst-

Regarding the wind tunnel situation (explained by Fallows in January):
The new wind tunnel is due to go online in the third quarter of this year, around the time of the August summer break, although Fallows feels it will not be until “towards the end of the year” that the facility “should be up and running”.

He added: “Inevitably, with some of these things, they need commissioning. We have to make sure it's absolutely right for us to be able to run our normal development programme.

“So we will be focused on making sure that absolutely everything is ready to go.

“We've got some interesting technology going into that tunnel, and we need to make sure that's all up and running before we get in there.

“But as soon as we're happy that it's operating at the right spec then we'll move our main development programme in there.”

Let's wait and see if there's even a replacement for Krack (if he really goes to Audi), maybe Cowell will do the CEO & TP job at the same time, like Horner or Wolff.

Szafnauer said that he left the team because when Whitmarsh was installed, 80-90 percentage of his responsibilities went to Whitmarsh.

Cowell is not responsible for the road car division, as it's a different company (unlike Vigna at Ferrari or Krief at Alpine).

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Nikosar wrote:
24 Jul 2024, 12:41

I hope they can get it functional for the 2026 car but according to the article it is unclear if they can get the 2026 car running.

Is not the wind tunnel problem because look how slow was Mercedes and even huge porpoising problems and look where they are now! They use the same wind tunnel and both teams had up and down. But a nice another example is the Redbull-vcrab or back in time Alpha tauri, Torro Rosso. They use also Redbull wind tunnel and half of the Redbull car,and they still end of the field!

Nikosar
Nikosar

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
24 Jul 2024, 15:07
Nikosar wrote:

Is not the wind tunnel problem because look how slow was Mercedes and even huge porpoising problems and look where they are now! They use the same wind tunnel and both teams had up and down. But a nice another example is the Redbull-vcrab or back in time Alpha tauri, Torro Rosso. They use also Redbull wind tunnel and half of the Redbull car,and they still end of the field!
I did not say it was an issue. We know the biggest issue is rear DF as the forum member diffuser explained. But I'm just hoping that the 2026 car will be running in the new wind tunnel. Using a new technology is always an advantage in F1. Especially if Alonso decides to commit to 2026, it will be potentially his last dance. The hope is that he gets the car to do it.

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

Nikosar wrote:
24 Jul 2024, 15:36
OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
24 Jul 2024, 15:07
Nikosar wrote:

I did not say it was an issue. We know the biggest issue is rear DF as the forum member diffuser explained. But I'm just hoping that the 2026 car will be running in the new wind tunnel. Using a new technology is always an advantage in F1. Especially if Alonso decides to commit to 2026, it will be potentially his last dance. The hope is that he gets the car to do it.
The tunnel will be operational in September, how long does it take to calibrate it? If they work as they should, it will be ready by the beginning of 2025

nowaysthatsreal
nowaysthatsreal

Usually around 6 months or so. Calibration is the most important part, can’t get it wrong can’t rush it

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

nowaysthatsreal wrote:
24 Jul 2024, 16:17
Usually around 6 months or so. Calibration is the most important part, can’t get it wrong can’t rush it
If you want to use it for the 2026 car you have to concentrate all the work on that,