German GP 2010 - Hockenheimring

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
mrp5150

Re: German GP 2010 - Hockenheimring

I feel bad for Massa, but if I agree that team orders should be legal. Massa has zero chance at winning the title and Alonso was faster than him, not only today, but in every race this season and in basically every practice and qualifying session. If Massa had more points than Alonso, then let them fight it out, but he's nowhere even close and that's his fault.

Super racing
Super racing

Miguel wrote:I'll only add that the German GP isn't the first time we've had clear team orders since 2002. Off the top of my head, Ferrari used them in Brazil 2007 (Kimi WDC) and China 2008 (for Massa, didn't work out). McLaren used them at least in Hungary 2005 (Montoya letting Kimi by), Germany 2008 (Kovalainen letting Hamilton by) and Turkey 2010 ("Jenson, save fuel"). We've seen the Red Bull incidents, as well. Tell me how this is different from taking off the front wing from one car to put it into the other. None of these incidents were awarded a penalty.
Brazil 2007-Massa was already mathmatically eliminated
China 2008-Kimi was already mathmatically eliminated
Germany 2008-Hamilton was closing on him at several seconds a lap
Turkey 2010-was not team orders

aral
aral

Super racing wrote:
Miguel wrote:I'll only add that the German GP isn't the first time we've had clear team orders since 2002. Off the top of my head, Ferrari used them in Brazil 2007 (Kimi WDC) and China 2008 (for Massa, didn't work out). McLaren used them at least in Hungary 2005 (Montoya letting Kimi by), Germany 2008 (Kovalainen letting Hamilton by) and Turkey 2010 ("Jenson, save fuel"). We've seen the Red Bull incidents, as well. Tell me how this is different from taking off the front wing from one car to put it into the other. None of these incidents were awarded a penalty.
Germany 2008-Hamilton was closing on him at several seconds a lap
Turkey 2010-was not team orders
Germany 2010 Alonso was catching Massa at .3 secs a lap, so, same difference!
Turkey 2010, they were clearly team orders!

aral
aral

Ray wrote:All I've got to say is, what the hell is wrong with Vettel? He tried that same move in Silverstone and it bit him there. Why try it again? He would have been at the front dicing with the Ferraris if he wasn't trying to stuff everyone in the wall at the start. What a stupid move.
Vettel did NOTHING that any other pole sitter has done for the last number of years!

marcush.
marcush.

still it is completly idiotic after a low start to steer and change direction as it will slow you even more and of course you open the path for the guy who started behind you as well..so instead of 1 he lost 2positions...a bad start is a bad start ,you have to live with it ...nothing you can do to rectify it .You have to readjust your tactic and not defend but attack ...it seems most drivers don´t understand this.

Super racing
Super racing

marcush. wrote:still it is completly idiotic after a low start to steer and change direction as it will slow you even more and of course you open the path for the guy who started behind you as well..so instead of 1 he lost 2positions...a bad start is a bad start ,you have to live with it ...nothing you can do to rectify it .You have to readjust your tactic and not defend but attack ...it seems most drivers don´t understand this.
And if there is a clean side and a dirty side between them is absolutely filthy so driving thru it to try and block out the driver on the dirty side slows you down even further.

SV really needs to work on his starts rather than trying to defend at the start.

zgred

marcush. wrote:still it is completly idiotic after a low start to steer and change direction as it will slow you even more and of course you open the path for the guy who started behind you as well..so instead of 1 he lost 2positions...a bad start is a bad start ,you have to live with it ...nothing you can do to rectify it .You have to readjust your tactic and not defend but attack ...it seems most drivers don´t understand this.
True

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Can't help but think if only Vettel had squeezed Alonso a bit more we would have not had this whole team orders debacle.

marcush.
marcush.

of course it is easy for us armchair schulmeisters..but my feelin is Vettel could improve consulting a driver coach .Or look into how the guy he calls:" Meister" handles first laps ..

funny is that webbo does exactly the same move as Vettel in the second pic... maybe they have the same coach???

squeezing more? that would have beeen reckless driving...and a crash...

andartop
andartop

andrew wrote:Can't help but think if only Vettel had squeezed Alonso a bit more we would have not had this whole team orders debacle.
Rather, if Vettel managed to keep at least Massa behind him instead of trying to take Alonso out we would have had a nice battle for second between Vettel and Massa and a start to finish win for Alonso...
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

andrew
andrew

My wish for more squeezing is just my anger and disappointment coming through. I'll keep it in check so I don't sound like some nutter that wants crashes.

zgred

marcush. wrote: funny is that webbo does exactly the same move as Vettel in the second pic... maybe they have the same coach???
Difference came from the first picture - starting point.

marcush.
marcush.

I was joking there mate ...germans are a bit lousy with humour you know...

PlatinumZealot

Webber was already on the right so he lost less ground though.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

andrew
andrew

Ah yes, the ledgendary German sense of humour! :lol:

At least it stayed dry for the race.