2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

In The Race's video, they say Perez could still be fired if he performs badly in the next few outings. Does anyone believe that ? I don't. They will stick with him till the end, no matter how it goes.

When Perez was hired, the first thing Christian Horner said is that they don't need Perez's money. And this was before Oracle wrote their blank check. So I don't think it has really anything to do with money. It has to do with indecisiveness. They are just too afraid of change.

Paa

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
31 Jul 2024, 00:31
In The Race's video, they say Perez could still be fired if he performs badly in the next few outings. Does anyone believe that ? I don't. They will stick with him till the end, no matter how it goes.

When Perez was hired, the first thing Christian Horner said is that they don't need Perez's money. And this was before Oracle wrote their blank check. So I don't think it has really anything to do with money. It has to do with indecisiveness. They are just too afraid of change.
I'm not saying they hired Perez for the money, but if they did, Horner would have said the same thing.

sour
sour

Lets hope they are keeping Checo because they have a fix for whatever the mechanical/suspension issues are after the break and they dont totally blame the driver. Maybe Max is making the RB20 look better than what a normal person can do because he is Max. Of course I won't hold my breath bc that is probably an expensive change that would require it to be made in 2025. Still, lets hope! [-o<

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
. It has to do with indecisiveness. They are just too afraid of change.
There wouldn't have been a meeting on Monday with Marko, Horner, and the others in Milton Keynes to discuss drivers if there was never any intention to consider a change.

Ralf Bach is close with Verstappens. If you'll recall, Bach was the one publishing all of the Horner hit pieces earlier this year, no doubt with the help of Jos who also wanted Horner gone. So that's why I think Jos and Max were initially told that Perez was out, just as reported in the article. If Bach says it, it's probably direct from the source.

MYsee
MYsee

Tommy.G wrote:
30 Jul 2024, 22:59
MYsee wrote:
30 Jul 2024, 14:20
Tommy.G wrote:
30 Jul 2024, 09:54
Red Bull have been firing drivers all those years for way less dreadful performances than Perez! Just look at Albon and Gasly! So it’s probably Perez keeping something up his sleeve regarding Horner which doesn’t let Horner get rid of him…

There’s no other explanation! Hopefully they do lose the WCC so that Horner gets a lesson at last this season…
I can only guess but it seems they do not believe Yuki/Riccardo/Lawson are much of an upgrade over Perez and none of the three would make a difference to the results at the end of the season.

Maybe the plan is to revisit this in the summer and look at other options for a real upgrade.
Sainz was a free agent and waiting for this exact position for 2025! I never really understood what’s the point of not signing such a driver specially since he has been in your junior ranks and you know him pretty well!

Probably something to do with the Verstapens…
I'm with you. I could see some concern with the current driver line-up and their confidence if Sainz was signed mid-season.

I wonder if there is some give-away to the Verstappens if the team has some long-term commitment from Max. To me it made sense to sign Sainz whether Max was here or not, unless Max's commitment came if Sainz didn't come.

Jurgen von Diaz

KimiRai wrote:Those who say Max would destroy Alonso - wasn't Max/Red Bull the ones who refused Alonso while he was open to it? Or am I wrong?
Alonso also tried to join the dominant Merc alongside Hamilton, but they refused. It would be pointless to put two lions in the same cage. Alonso is so political that the team would become like Trump's election campaign. But maybe Alonso has softened through older days, who knows...

f1isgood
f1isgood

KimiRai wrote:
30 Jul 2024, 23:24
Those who say Max would destroy Alonso - wasn't Max/Red Bull the ones who refused Alonso while he was open to it? Or am I wrong?
Instead of fighting over who would destroy who, one thing everyone can agree on barring inherent biases is that Alonso is a very good driver and a definite and significant upgrade over Perez. That is what Red Bull want. Whoever wins or loses after that is fair game and irrelevant.

f1isgood
f1isgood

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
31 Jul 2024, 07:05
KimiRai wrote:Those who say Max would destroy Alonso - wasn't Max/Red Bull the ones who refused Alonso while he was open to it? Or am I wrong?
Alonso also tried to join the dominant Merc alongside Hamilton, but they refused. It would be pointless to put two lions in the same cage. Alonso is so political that the team would become like Trump's election campaign. But maybe Alonso has softened through older days, who knows...
The team's top brass is fighting for control. Doubt Alonso can beat that. One side literally aired the dirty laundry of the other side to get Horner to back off. There's levels to this stuff. Alonso apparently only threatened to blackmail Dennis back in the day. Within Red Bull they did far worse things already. It's a disgusting bunch of people at the top on the anti-Horner side as well regardless of whatever people think about Horner.

Vettel165

Imagine the amazing feeling it would bring to the team and for the fans if Max wins the next 4 races after the summer break. Out of nowhere as Seb did in 2012 and 2013. :)

Highly unlikely I know, but I will never stop believing.

Farnborough
Farnborough

Vettel165 wrote:
31 Jul 2024, 21:28
Imagine the amazing feeling it would bring to the team and for the fans if Max wins the next 4 races after the summer break. Out of nowhere as Seb did in 2012 and 2013. :)

Highly unlikely I know, but I will never stop believing.
They need a wing that flexes same as Mercedes to get into that performance area. Honestly surprised that's not causing more interest from reporting.

If that's passed as OK , they'll all have to follow suite in matching that structure in torsional response that side steps currently applied FIA testing hardware.

Sergej
Sergej

If they win in Singapore I will eat my hat :D

Realistically I think we should prepare for a very difficult run, McLaren will even bring upgrades after the break.

Paa

Sergej wrote:
31 Jul 2024, 23:53
If they win in Singapore I will eat my hat :D

Realistically I think we should prepare for a very difficult run, McLaren will even bring upgrades after the break.
Well, now it should be their round to fail with an upgrade so that might help RedBull!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Paa wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 00:11
Well, now it should be their round to fail with an upgrade so that might help RedBull!
Even if Mclaren has to roll back a future update, the old car is still good enough to beat Red Bull :lol:

Bill
Bill

TeamKoolGreen wrote:

redbull are investing big on there engine program they need the money