2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Luscion
Luscion

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Also, Ham said he was conserving pace for fuel then Bono told him to just push, that the fuel low sensor was just an error, so lets see if thats the case and Merc havent gotten Lewis' dsq'd for a second time

j_ste
j_ste

Damn…really thought we would have better pace than that.

New floor? A little deflating now after the major update didn’t quite work out

Luscion
Luscion

j_ste wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 16:40

New floor?
It could be, Merc seemingly hasnt had the really good tire wear they usually have since bolting the new floor on in the last two races, but also both Mclaren and Ferrari have brought performance upgrades since spa

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

When Hamilton can't fight for anything in the race, there are big problems. That new floor needs to go in the bin. The car has been unrecognizable since the summer break.

Sevach
Sevach

Luscion wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 16:42
j_ste wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 16:40

New floor?
It could be, Merc seemingly hasnt had the really good tire wear they usually have since bolting the new floor on in the last two races, but also both Mclaren and Ferrari have brought performance upgrades since spa
It looks like a step sideways at best and backwards more likely.
The car looks worst compared to Silverstone, Spa, Hungary.

Luscion wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 16:38
Also, Ham said he was conserving pace for fuel then Bono told him to just push, that the fuel low sensor was just an error, so lets see if thats the case and Merc havent gotten Lewis' dsq'd for a second time
When was this though, SAI was faster vs HAM in the first stint too - opened up a decent gap.

Just no demonstration of speed all race.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Venturiation wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 15:06
Another stinker by Russell, mercedes needs to find someone to replace him next year
He was billed and supported by the team as Lewis' replacement, but he doesnt have it at all.

I think Merc really F'd themselves in giving him the pseudo No.1 position, politically and racing wise. In a close championship battle, he wont do what needs to be done.

The going backwards in races is too much at this point. He's not a rookie. Hes been in F1 for half a decade now.

Luscion
Luscion

214270 wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 16:48
Luscion wrote:
When was this though, SAI was faster vs HAM in the first stint too - opened up a decent gap.

Just no demonstration of speed all race.
last stint trying to catch Sainz after Piastri passed him

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Luscion wrote:
Don't you mean 3rd? :lol:

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

GrizzleBoy wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 16:49
Venturiation wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 15:06
Another stinker by Russell, mercedes needs to find someone to replace him next year
He was billed and supported by the team as Lewis' replacement, but he doesnt have it at all.

I think Merc really F'd themselves in giving him the pseudo No.1 position, politically and racing wise. In a close championship battle, he wont do what needs to be done.

The going backwards in races is too much at this point. He's not a rookie. Hes been in F1 for half a decade now.
They happily lose Lewis in the process =D>

Elite
Elite

Decent but underwhelming race from Merc.
Nice p5 from Ham and p7 from Russell.

Russell was not good today. Incident at the start and kept dipping his tyres in the dirt, if he got unlucky he could've ended up spinning.

I think today shows why Toto wants Verstappen, he's the second best on race day pace behind Hamilton so the logical successor. George just isn't him on race day, best qualifier on the grid but not really any good in the race.

I mentioned this whilst watching it in real life, Mercedes need to take a look at the new upgrades they bolted on. Before the upgrades it felt inevitable that Hamilton could just get up front and pull away, now they seem a bit slower and less inevitable. It was clear how Hamilton dropped back at the start.

However, Red Bull are behind so let's hope they can at least keep pumping in p5 and p6. I'm shocked that they threw away the 1s/lap advantage from last year.

Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

rijtuig
rijtuig

rijtuig wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 19:54
Race day is where them points are distributed.

Relax.
=D>

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Russell was overly ambitious in turn 1. I don’t understand why he just skipped the corner. He could have retained position if he took it normally. It’s not the first time you can use that adjective to describe him. Next year will be an important year for his future. He needs to grow up.

SKYnRacing24

Literally Mediocre display lol i wouldn't even waste my breath as that race was a whole load of nothing. Russell was surprised by oscars early braking and effectively thats what messed up his race. Lewis maximised the package, i found his comment about the mclarens pace interesting. Overall the car isn't all that great atm i not sure what to expect from Baku and Singapore.
“And that’s part of the game, is being able to be adaptive, and we’ve got this new car – I don’t know how it’s going to handle, hopefully she’s great.”