2012 Korean GP - Yeong-Am

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.

Who will leave Korea as the championship leader?

Poll ended at 14 Oct 2012, 07:36

Alonso
39%
Vettel
61%

Total votes: 109

Raptor22
Raptor22

Re: 2012 Korean GP - Yeong-Am

<"Hamilton admitted he hopes Ferrari’s Alonso – his former McLaren teammate – beats Sebastian Vettel to the world championship.
“I still think Fernando is the best driver. The cleanest, the most sensitive, the most complete,” said Hamilton.
“He is always taking points despite not having the fastest car, while Vettel has always had a great car these past years,” he added.
But the Briton admitted: “With his (Red Bull) car, he is going to be hard to beat, even for Fernando.”
Finally, after years of acrimony from Spanish supporters, the interviewer told Hamilton that Spain now “respects” the 27-year-old.
“Really?” Hamilton responded. “Are you serious? You don’t know how happy that makes me.”>

Well of course Hamilton is going to say that isn't he.
He puts pressure on Vettel while buttering up Alonso. Those two fighting each other only benefits Hamilton if they take each other out.
His next comments will claim Kimi to be a great driver who can still take the title since lewis is now effectively out of it.
it proves nothing and if Lewis truelly believes Fernando is better than he is then it explains why he is heading to Mercedes :mrgreen:

vall
vall

MarkedOne8 wrote:I still don't see real arguments.The only argument is ,,You are hater."
No, I am not hater for everyone's sake!!! I want the sport to be clear.More guys like Kimi and Lewis, less like Alonso.
I used to cheer for Ferrari, too, but now I can't stand all their s**t.

Your next argument is to call me hater again?

Let me disagree. What did Alonso do that others did not? Didn't Massa let Kimi pass in Brazil 2007 effectively giving him the WDC? He did. I see no difference with today on Germany 2010. In both cases Massa had not chance for WDC (practically) and I cannot see a reasonable person to try to undermine his team-mate in such a situation. What about Heiki letting Ham pass in Germany 2008? This was critical for Ham's WDC coz later he overtook Piquet 2 laps before the end. One can argue that had Hekki fought hard then Ham would have simply run out of time to catch Piguet. In the end Ham one by 1point in the last corner. These are two examples with the guys you mention above as examples of fair drivers!!!!!

Today it was clear Massa will not attach Fred. Ferrari just told him to back off the dirty air for cooling, tire preservation or whatever tech reason.

Steven
Owner

Please note that a lot of posts were moved to the fanboy yin-yang thread for obvious reasons. Please maintain this thread a calm discussion about the Korean GP, without dubbing drivers as idiots or continuing claims that your driver is the best of the field.

Nando
Nando

Mclaren the most incompetent team in the world? Yes they are.

Another issue for Hamilton, anti-roll bar.

Just love how the car breaks down now when they really need it.
If Red Bull or Ferrari had that car since the start they would have wrapped up the championship a long time ago.

It´s an embarrassment and i know truly understand why Hamilton left the burning building.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

FJCA

Raptor22
Raptor22

Nando wrote:Mclaren the most incompetent team in the world? Yes they are.

Another issue for Hamilton, anti-roll bar.

Just love how the car breaks down now when they really need it.
If Red Bull or Ferrari had that car since the start they would have wrapped up the championship a long time ago.

It´s an embarrassment and i know truly understand why Hamilton left the burning building.

Yeah he walked from a burning building into one standing on egg shells

Nando
Nando

Raptor22 wrote:Yeah he walked from a burning building into one standing on egg shells
At least they try and help their drivers going forward rather then putting sticks in the wheels whenever they can.

Last edited by mx_tifoso on 15 Oct 2012, 00:33, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: stop complaining in public. and keep it on topic
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Chuckjr

How common is a roll bar fail? Is it a complex part in an F1 car?
Watching F1 since 1986.

beelsebob
beelsebob

Chuckjr wrote:How common is a roll bar fail? Is it a complex part in an F1 car?
It's not complex in the grand scale of things... two failing in two races running is particularly surprising, and tbh, makes me wonder how accidental it was.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Did any of you guys watch Ted Kravitz's notebook?

http://www1.skysports.com/formula1/video/12870/8164352
(7:10)

He gave some pretty revealing "inside" insight regarding Lewis' every day relationship with McLaren.

Chuckjr

beelsebob wrote:
Chuckjr wrote:How common is a roll bar fail? Is it a complex part in an F1 car?
It's not complex in the grand scale of things... two failing in two races running is particularly surprising, and tbh, makes me wonder how accidental it was.
Do you genuinely think that it's breaking on purpose? Or are you hinting at something else?
Watching F1 since 1986.

bhall
bhall

Chuckjr wrote:Do you genuinely think that it's breaking on purpose? Or are you hinting at something else?
Apparently, there's an alternate universe where exacting vengeance against [insert driver hero here] is worth more to [insert nefarious team here] than the millions of dollars in position-dependent prize money awarded at the end of the season.

CHT
CHT

Pole, fastest lap and 1-2 finish. How do we relate this to earlier fp analysis that RBR doesn't have strong race pace? RBR sand bagging during FP?

raymondu999

Guilty of that. It would seem they were running heavier than their Ferrari rivals, though I'm not so sure on the McLaren one (it could've been right or wrong, just that we don't know how much Lewis' problem hurt his laptime.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Raptor22
Raptor22

a broken anti roll bar will cause the car to use more of it front tyres, resulting in graining. The reduced adhesive surface of the tyre gives t less grip and driver compensates by turning in earlier and braking earlier. Probably like short shifting so I reckon around 0,5sec a lap