Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Vanja #66

Re: Ferrari F2012

That was something that just had to be said... :D Not using new front wing wasn't good, but I think we'll see an even newer one before Monza (since for Monza aero package is something different). I think I read Alonso saying that top speed has become top priority, which is great, concerning all of the DF problems they had. I'm sure Scuderiaa will fix them, again come Monza...
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 10 Jul 2012, 22:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed off topic chat
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Kiril Varbanov

Kiril Varbanov wrote:For the f1zoom.co.cc ... I have some suspicions, I'll answer them on Tuesday.
Offtopic, answering on Tuesday - the site is back up and running, formula1.com is a bit down, however, so not all of the images will appear. Please don't overload it :)

Addition: checked some Looking glass instruments, looks like some major carriers cross-over links in Frankfurt, Germany are down, and this is a large Internet cross point. Anyway, should be back at some point.

Back on topic: someone asked about front wing gills tested on Friday on F2012, and I'll take the chance to repost a picture, thanks to Michal Respond from Motorsportgp.pl:

It appears to be a bit like Mclaren front wing, and looking at the shape and direction of the elements, it seems they are just there for more front grip and downforce, but I can't be sure without any CFD, which I'm aiming to get soon.

Italiano
Italiano

I'd never think that so many of us are from the former Yugoslavia. :lol:

Topic related: The video doesn't look like controled testing to me, just both drivers being cautious in the poor conditions.
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

Goran2812
Goran2812

i still think they hove some drag issues... hence the low top speed. engine is powerful enough but aero needs some fine tuning... they'll make it work ;)
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

I've removed the posts that only had foreign language comments. PM about it or at least say something on topic to make it worth it! :)
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Kiril Varbanov

An article in German for the recent updates in F2012, summarized, illustrated and animated by the amazing Piola.

bhall
bhall

Does anyone have a recent picture of the F2012's front wheel or brake assembly or upright?

The following is from preseason testing.

(Click to enlarge)

Mazdaboy

Hail22 wrote:Looks like Ferrari used Fridays rain as an excuse to do controlled speed testing with sensors?

Check this video from 4:25 onwards...very controlled...as if they're testing or evaluating possible new upgrades:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sr__ZzYbT4[/youtube]
I post a tread in page 351. I make sure of the DDRS develop is started in Maranello. In practice 1 Alonso go to the track with that measuring devices, but the DRS was disabled because the rain is fallin. This video made the last minutes, when Alonso go to the track and done 4 installation laps on the tarck.
Every race ends when the chequered flag is out!

Huntresa
Huntresa

Mazdaboy wrote:
Hail22 wrote:Looks like Ferrari used Fridays rain as an excuse to do controlled speed testing with sensors?

Check this video from 4:25 onwards...very controlled...as if they're testing or evaluating possible new upgrades:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sr__ZzYbT4[/youtube]
I post a tread in page 351. I make sure of the DDRS develop is started in Maranello. In practice 1 Alonso go to the track with that measuring devices, but the DRS was disabled because the rain is fallin. This video made the last minutes, when Alonso go to the track and done 4 installation laps on the tarck.

What measuring devices ? And again, i doubt anyone will ever develop a DDRS, the gain mercedes has is rly small and they have it incorporated in the car from start, you can hardly do the same during season, so its not worth it.

Kiril Varbanov

Mazdaboy wrote: I post a tread in page 351. I make sure of the DDRS develop is started in Maranello. In practice 1 Alonso go to the track with that measuring devices, but the DRS was disabled because the rain is fallin. This video made the last minutes, when Alonso go to the track and done 4 installation laps on the tarck.
If you refer to the custom duct-taped wiring - that's simply custom auxiliary wiring, and not pressure sensors, because they would have been mounted in a different fashion.
The ones seen inside the nose cone are normal, too.

Again, I don't think Ferrari are in pursuit of creating DDRS, and they have already stated it (it was Tombazis a while ago, AFAIR).

zyphro
zyphro

Huntresa wrote:
What measuring devices ? And again, i doubt anyone will ever develop a DDRS, the gain mercedes has is rly small and they have it incorporated in the car from start, you can hardly do the same during season, so its not worth it.
Has anyone been able to quantify what the DDRS gives to Mercedes?

Huntresa
Huntresa

zyphro wrote:
Huntresa wrote:
Has anyone been able to quantify what the DDRS gives to Mercedes?

No we only have Ross Brawns statement about it being rly cheap to implement if you design the car around it and he said it gives 0.2-0.3sec a lap.

And i mean its not like Mercedes is winning or even fighting for wins, so DDRS isnt a big deal, i would think more ppl are intrested in Red Bulls tunnels since that is something atleast a handful of teams can implement during the season and gain more then 0.2.

alogoc
alogoc

anyone knows what did Tomabasiz said on the Flying lap?
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

Spankyham

alogoc wrote:anyone knows what did Tomabasiz said on the Flying lap?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ3W5EaGA_U[/youtube]
"He was the fastest driver I ever saw - faster even than Fangio"
_______________________________- Mike Hawthorn on Alberto Ascari

Teechnical

Does anybody know what's coming to Hockenheim? Upgrades?
"We have a new toy" - Fernando Alonso.