2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Lasssept

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Vanja #66 wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 11:31
Ferrari - there won't be any nonsense like this, no experiments, no wondering around from setup to setup and serial downgrades 3 seasons in a row.
+ 15 Years without a championship :lol:

j_ste
j_ste

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 12:52
So Hamilton is going to receive the Bottas and Kovalainen treatment for the rest of the season. It could be described with one word: 'karma'.
That’s not quite how karma works…if it even existed in the first place

Vanja #66

aMessageToCharlie wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 13:25
Is this sarcasm? You might want to ask VET and LEC how much of a no brainer Ferrari's strategy calls are. If it will be anything like in the past, the fireworks are ready.
You can look for people most responsible for those decisions in Ferrari, but you won't find them in the team any more.

McLaren was down in the bottom of the midfield at the start of last season. Ferrari was challenged by Alpines, Haas and others in this same period. AMR was the best of the rest and now are scrapping for points. Red Bull was dominant for 2 and a half years in this reg cycle and now can barely get a podium, provided McLaren and Ferrari make a big mistake during a weekend. Things change dramatically from start to end of season, what was taken for granted 3 years ago is no longer applicable.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Formula 1 fan 1996
Formula 1 fan 1996

What other upgrades Mercedes could bring to Austin race beside new floor?

j_ste
j_ste

Matt2725 wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 12:02
So Lewis is saying he has no agency or say over his tyre choice?

Sorry but I don't believe that for a second. Hamilton has been economical with the truth previously and is likely leaving out a few crucial details as to his involvement in that process. Either that or every success he's had in the past is all down to the team and not any decision he's ever made personally. He can't have it both ways.
Yes. The rest of the team matters in a team sport. To win requires hundreds of people performing at the peak of their powers. Hence, thanking the team when you win.

Luscion
Luscion

Matt2725 wrote:

Sorry but I don't believe that for a second. Hamilton has been economical with the truth previously and is likely leaving out a few crucial details as to his involvement in that process. Either that or every success he's had in the past is all down to the team and not any decision he's ever made personally. He can't have it both ways.
I think the fact that Russell is also seemingly backing what Lewis is saying here with the "when i saw that, i was thinking, lewis wont be happy." line gives it more validity. Russell could have easily called out Lewis if it wasnt the case

mendis
mendis

Vanja #66 wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 14:11
aMessageToCharlie wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 13:25
Is this sarcasm? You might want to ask VET and LEC how much of a no brainer Ferrari's strategy calls are. If it will be anything like in the past, the fireworks are ready.
You can look for people most responsible for those decisions in Ferrari, but you won't find them in the team any more.

McLaren was down in the bottom of the midfield at the start of last season. Ferrari was challenged by Alpines, Haas and others in this same period. AMR was the best of the rest and now are scrapping for points. Red Bull was dominant for 2 and a half years in this reg cycle and now can barely get a podium, provided McLaren and Ferrari make a big mistake during a weekend. Things change dramatically from start to end of season, what was taken for granted 3 years ago is no longer applicable.
Ferrari has had a good technical team that has churned good cars periodically, albeit exploiting grey areas and got screwed. We still don't know if the current car is built along the same lines. But one thing that was certain was that their strategy team was and is run by clowns (past & present). Leaving Leclerc with-10c tyres in Singapore qualifying is an example of that. Someone somewhere always drops the ball. Leclerc lost 6 Seconds over Oscar in Baku in the pits and I don't know if there was an explanation. :D

Quantum

Lasssept wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 14:03
Vanja #66 wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 11:31
Ferrari - there won't be any nonsense like this, no experiments, no wondering around from setup to setup and serial downgrades 3 seasons in a row.
+ 15 Years without a championship :lol:
=D> :lol:
"Interplay of triads"

Quantum

PlatinumZealot wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 13:53
Quantum wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 13:15
https://formu1a.uno/en/wolff-admits-mer ... l-evening/
And that was the wrong decision that we all took together jointly. It felt like a good offset, but with the real tyre deg that we had, there was just one way, and that was backwards.
Agreeing and deciding is not the same thing.

In business you have to say "we took decision together" when you are representing your team, company or group after a decision was made. It's just aformality. However you can still sya you disagree with it.
Hamilton can override at any point, he did so in Silverstone.
He didn't in Spa.

Agreeing/Deciding rabbit holes are unnecessary.
"Interplay of triads"

j_ste
j_ste

Quantum wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 14:47
PlatinumZealot wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 13:53
Agreeing and deciding is not the same thing.

In business you have to say "we took decision together" when you are representing your team, company or group after a decision was made. It's just aformality. However you can still sya you disagree with it.
Hamilton can override at any point, he did so in Silverstone.
He didn't in Spa.

Agreeing/Deciding rabbit holes are unnecessary.
And not doing so in Spa looks to have also been the right decision…. Also, there is a difference between the decisions that are made before the race and the decisions that are made on the fly. Turkey 2020 for example.

Quantum

j_ste wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 14:51
And not doing so in Spa looks to have also been the right decision…. Also, there is a difference between the decisions that are made before the race and the decisions that are made on the fly. Turkey 2020 for example.
They're both reliant on the data available. It's not a different discipline.

The driver still has a choice to make and not making a decision and going with the team is still a decision.
As you say it paid off in Spa, and didn't in Singapore.
"Interplay of triads"

Vanja #66

mendis wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 14:31
Ferrari has had a good technical team that has churned good cars periodically, albeit exploiting grey areas and got screwed. We still don't know if the current car is built along the same lines. But one thing that was certain was that their strategy team was and is run by clowns (past & present). Leaving Leclerc with-10c tyres in Singapore qualifying is an example of that. Someone somewhere always drops the ball. Leclerc lost 6 Seconds over Oscar in Baku in the pits and I don't know if there was an explanation. :D
I want to believe anyone calling out Ferrari for "exploiting" grey areas is simply missing the irony of it :)

As for Baku and Singapore, both issues are car related. It doesn't generate heat in tyres quickly enough and it suffers in Q and cold races. Leclerc lost about 4s to Piastri and almost all of it was in his outlap in Baku. Everything was fine with tyres as he left the pit (as it turned out) in Singapore, they cooled down as Alonso kept him waiting on pitlane exit and the car couldn't heat them up quickly on outlap. The only strategic blunder for him was Silverstone stint on Inter tyres when the first mini shower stopped, which was a communication error on top of an already messed up weekend of experiments and testing in FP sessions

On the other hand, Ricky is practically perfect with Sainz on execution of strategy since 2021, so Hamilton will be in good and experienced hands. Who knows, might turn out it was always all from Hamilton on track and Bono was just an average Race Eng
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

SKYnRacing24

Ahh lovely, of course this thread has turned into a shitshow and decided to blame Lewis after video and articles have been consistent with what happened. I also see the shade thrown at Ferrari strategy on top lol Its the pathetic attempts at trolling that does it for me. While your all bickering about if Lewis is " lying " or not in your arm chair. The W15 is abit of a mare and thats regardless if they have won a few races due to certain circumstances (Mclaren/lando dropping the ball) Its going to be a long month so im done until car news comes from some of the descent posters in this thread.
“And that’s part of the game, is being able to be adaptive, and we’ve got this new car – I don’t know how it’s going to handle, hopefully she’s great.”

SiLo

Luscion wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 14:16
Matt2725 wrote:

I think the fact that Russell is also seemingly backing what Lewis is saying here with the "when i saw that, i was thinking, lewis wont be happy." line gives it more validity. Russell could have easily called out Lewis if it wasnt the case
It also tells you that him and others were aware that it was a pretty --- call.
Felipe Baby!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

A lion must kill its prey.