2014/15 Silly Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
zeph
zeph

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season (yes this includes Alonso too!)

Joe Saward seems to know the Honda engine is overweight and underpowered. He has traditionally had good ties with McLaren, I believe.

I wonder if Alonso is going to pull a Raikkonen and take a year off or maybe retire permanently?

Also, reading it again, it seems the only thing confirmed is Vettel leaving RBR. Horner says 'Ferrari made him an attractive offer' but that is not exactly a confirmation.
Last edited by zeph on 04 Oct 2014, 06:22, edited 1 time in total.

djos

I wonder if it'll be Kimi and Seb at Ferrari and kmag and Alonso at Honda McLaren?
"In downforce we trust"

siskue2005

Vettel said he is leaving redbull, but there is NO confirmation that he is going to Ferrari! For all we know he might be going to Mclaren?
Last edited by siskue2005 on 04 Oct 2014, 06:29, edited 1 time in total.

Kingshark
Kingshark

ringo wrote:It's good for ferrari that Alonso is gone.
With him out there can be more focus on making faster cars and getting both cars in the best points scoring position instead of feeding his ego.
I am an Alonso fan, but i think Mattiaci being new to the team would have left Alonso feeling that the principal has to earn his respect instead of the other way around. It is good for the team leaderhsip that they have gotten rid of such distractions, and now can look to hiring drivers that understand that they drive for Ferrari.
What should be more worrying for Ferrari is that they have lost one of their biggest strengths within the team. Without Alonso in the past 5 years, Ferrari would have been trundling around in the midfield.

Raikkonen and Vettel are both drivers who are sensitive to car setup and can only perform when the car suits them. Ferrari, since 2011 now, have consistently been designing cars which are difficult and unpredictable to drive.

I strongly doubt either Kimi or Seb could have came close to a win this season with that F14T like Alonso did in Hungary.

All in all, Ferrari need to build a much better car now. They won't be able to rely on the drivers to perform any miracles.

djos

siskue2005 wrote:Vettel said he is leaving redbull, but there is no confirmation that he is going to Ferrari! For all we know he might be going to Mclaren?
That's rather possible, I'd certainly prefer a freshly rejuvenated Honda McLaren than a perpetually struggling Ferrari.
"In downforce we trust"

siskue2005

djos wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:Vettel said he is leaving redbull, but there is no confirmation that he is going to Ferrari! For all we know he might be going to Mclaren?
That's rather possible, I'd certainly prefer a freshly rejuvenated Honda McLaren than a perpetually struggling Ferrari.
Yea I too hope he is going to Mclaren

Morteza

Eddie Jordan to the rescue :D
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Sevach
Sevach

siskue2005 wrote:Vettel said he is leaving redbull, but there is NO confirmation that he is going to Ferrari! For all we know he might be going to Mclaren?
I believe Horner knows stuff.

CHT
CHT

djos wrote:
Honda will surely have an edge over Ferrari because Honda has got the advantage of engine development while Ferrari is restricted by the engine freeze rule.

With Seb at Mclaren, I really dont see a point of having Button around. Mclaren will be better of having Magnussen. However lets not discount the possibility of having Alonso and Vettel at Mclaren next year.

siskue2005

Yeah that also could happen, they both could end up at Mclaren

djos

2014/15 Silly Season (yes this includes Alonso too!)

McLaren need to give Button the keys to a sports car and send him off to do some sports car racing as he's well past his f1 expiry date!
"In downforce we trust"

Kiril Varbanov

I'm delighted to see that move (VET to Ferrari). It will cause quite a stir, new era and some numbers going up. Good luck, Vettel.

CHT
CHT

I wonder how will the Ferrari fans react to the same driver they were booing in the past few season.

SiLo

Imagine Alonso and Vettel in the same team. More driver pairing fireworks! And we could finally compare Vettel to another driver of a known quantity.
Felipe Baby!

mcl
mcl

Christian Horner just confirmed on an interview that Vettel receive a very good offer at Ferrari that is why he is leaving RBR, the interview was made by Juan Fosaroli from Fox Sports :o