Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
bagajohny
bagajohny

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

https://www.wsj.com/sports/f1-christian ... i-b576757d

Even larger questions surround the future of Wolff’s greatest rival, Red Bull team principal Christian Horner. He is currently the subject of an internal investigation over alleged “inappropriate, controlling behavior,” after his assistant lodged a complaint with the team. Horner, who has run Red Bull Racing since it first entered F1 in 2005 and guided it to seven drivers’ world championships, has denied any wrongdoing.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

SoulPancake13 wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 09:48
No matter what, this whole situation is a huge PR loss for Red Bull. Obviously, there are more important things at stake than the brand reputation of a energy drink company with a racing division, but I think the majority of people I have interacted with in person and online tend to believe the allegations, whether that is correct or not(may I add that the court of public opinion works much, much differently than the court of law...)
Agreed. And sadly the court of public opinion matters far more than the actual facts when it's a PR business like F1 is that we're talking about.
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

f1isgood
f1isgood

I don't think this is anything of a PR nightmare. Red Bull's budget cap saga and Zak Brown's constant cheating, integrity, independence comments are worse. Having said that, as long as the process was conducted in a proper manner, regardless of the outcome, Red Bull can definitely come out as a winner assuming the outcome is the correct decision. At some level, I am convinced Red Bull believe any publicity is good publicity. They don't sell expensive products anyways.

zeroday

So Redbull's Thai side want to keep Horner, while Redbull's other side want him gone. Meanwhile it will be Ford and Oracle, their brand partners, that will be the real decider in this case, not RB. If allegations are true (just saw the victim has now filed a lawsuit against RB), then RB will have no choice but to axe Horner because at the end of the day money is more important,. Ford and Oracle are way more valuable to RB than Horner. And as it stands Ford so far has already made it clear they will leave if allegations are true.

f1jcw
f1jcw

zeroday wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 17:38
So Redbull's Thai side want to keep Horner, while Redbull's other side want him gone. Meanwhile it will be Ford and Oracle, their brand partners, that will be the real decider in this case, not RB. If allegations are true (just saw the victim has now filed a lawsuit against RB), then RB will have no choice but to axe Horner because at the end of the day money is more important,. Ford and Oracle are way more valuable to RB than Horner. And as it stands Ford so far has already made it clear they will leave if allegations are true.
Not sure they will leave if the allegations are true, more like they will leave if the allegations are true and no action is seen to be taken.

bagajohny
bagajohny

zeroday wrote:
Where did you see that victim has filed lawsuit against RB? Please link the source.

f1jcw
f1jcw

bagajohny wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 17:46
zeroday wrote:
Where did you see that victim has filed lawsuit against RB? Please link the source.
It is in most reports from news agencies, it’s not exactly hidden, look and you will find.

bagajohny
bagajohny

f1jcw wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 17:48
bagajohny wrote:
zeroday wrote:
It is in most reports from news agencies, it’s not exactly hidden, look and you will find.
As far as I have read there is no lawsuit filed against RB. There has only been an independent investigation initiated by RB.

Wouter

f1jcw wrote:
bagajohny wrote:
zeroday wrote:
It isn't in most reports from news agencies! It was only mentioned by F1 Insider (again) and other sides quoted them.
I wouldn't put much stock in this info from F1 Insider. They are against Horner.

" look and you will find." Wow, great help!

https://f1-insider.com/formel-1-horner- ... ull-61829/
Die Mitarbeiterin, die derzeit krankgeschrieben und deren Identität F1-Insider.com bekannt ist, will nach unseren Informationen genau deshalb in England vor Gericht gehen. 650.000 Pfund, die Horner geboten hat, um die Angelegenheit hinter den Kulissen zu klären, wurden abgelehnt. Den Antrag auf Klage soll die Mitarbeiterin bereits gestellt haben. Spätestens bei einem Gerichtsverfahren müssen alle Beteiligten die Hosen runter lassen. Auch Christian Horner.
According to our information, the employee, who is currently on sick leave and whose identity is known to F1-Insider.com,
wants to go to court in England for exactly this reason. £650,000 offered by Horner to resolve the matter behind the scenes
was rejected. The employee is said to have already filed the application for a lawsuit.
At the latest in a court case, everyone involved has to let their pants down. Also Christian Horner.
Last edited by Steven on 18 Feb 2024, 22:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Protect identity
The Power of Dreams!

dans79

Wouter wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 17:59
* It seems that this is about ***. The Financial Times mentioned "His assistent".

Seems like it, all her major social media accounts are locked down.
Last edited by Steven on 18 Feb 2024, 22:06, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Protect identity
201 105 104 9 9 7

f1jcw
f1jcw

Wouter wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 17:59
f1jcw wrote:
bagajohny wrote:

It isn't in most reports from news agencies! It was only mentioned by F1 Insider (again) and other sides quoted them.
I wouldn't put much stock in this info from F1 Insider. They are against Horner.

" look and you will find." Wow, great help!

https://f1-insider.com/formel-1-horner- ... ull-61829/
Die Mitarbeiterin, die derzeit krankgeschrieben und deren Identität F1-Insider.com bekannt ist, will nach unseren Informationen genau deshalb in England vor Gericht gehen. 650.000 Pfund, die Horner geboten hat, um die Angelegenheit hinter den Kulissen zu klären, wurden abgelehnt. Den Antrag auf Klage soll die Mitarbeiterin bereits gestellt haben. Spätestens bei einem Gerichtsverfahren müssen alle Beteiligten die Hosen runter lassen. Auch Christian Horner.
According to our information, the employee, who is currently on sick leave and whose identity is known to F1-Insider.com,
wants to go to court in England for exactly this reason. £650,000 offered by Horner to resolve the matter behind the scenes
was rejected. The employee is said to have already filed the application for a lawsuit.
At the latest in a court case, everyone involved has to let their pants down. Also Christian Horner.
No it is mentioned in many many news sites. It isn’t hard to find, why make such a drama out if everything. You have search engines, Google, bing, twitter. Newspaper sites. Yes many know who it is, but we decided not to personally name the person, maybe delete it.
Last edited by f1jcw on 19 Feb 2024, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

I would really advise that we don't share the identity of the accuser... even if the article pretty much confirms who it is. They never asked to be dragged into an entire public shitstorm.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

f1isgood wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 17:32
I don't think this is anything of a PR nightmare. Red Bull's budget cap saga and Zak Brown's constant cheating, integrity, independence comments are worse. Having said that, as long as the process was conducted in a proper manner, regardless of the outcome, Red Bull can definitely come out as a winner assuming the outcome is the correct decision. At some level, I am convinced Red Bull believe any publicity is good publicity. They don't sell expensive products anyways.
Maybe this is a result of the circles I am a part of, but I have seen a lot of animosity come RBs way over their handling of the situation - some justified, some not in my opinion. I don't think anyone really cares about Zak Brown's comments in relation to this to be completely honest. Either way, if RB make the "correct" decision(whatever that means in this case, I'm not sure), then I think they can win back some good grace, but as I mentioned, it is becoming ever more clear that the public opinion is turning against Horner and fast. They may not even have the chance to make a decision depending on how bad this gets - which is obviously wrong and I wish that the sensationalist articles that come from unreliable sources would get shared less(although as this thread proves, what one believes to be credible differs vastly)

chrisc90

SoulPancake13 wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 18:20
I would really advise that we don't share the identity of the accuser... even if the article pretty much confirms who it is. They never asked to be dragged into an entire public shitstorm.
Neither did Horner to be fair.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

chrisc90 wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 18:28
SoulPancake13 wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 18:20
Neither did Horner to be fair.
I agree, but such is the price you pay for being such a public figure... whether that's good or not. I only mention this because revealing the identity of the alleged victims in cases like these are almost always dirty tactics.