2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ispano6

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Cassius wrote:
20 Sep 2024, 14:21
Looking at the telemetry on F1-tempo, Max' engine seemed to be tuned down a bit more than Norris'. Their fast laps had similar trace on the straights, while in the race sim, Max lost a few tenths.

Overall Norris seemed faster still, and the Ferraris as well, but the gap so far is less then what I had expected.
I noted this in the Honda PU thread. At the beginning of the year, the stated horsepower on VCARB launch site was 958-985HP. The website was updated with the Ricciardo/Lawson switch, and the original Vcarb01 launch sequence is gone and a static page with 901HP is listed now. This may be a revised number after the Canada PU issue.

Jurgen von Diaz

Waz wrote:Horner isn't the problem, unless you drank some of the Jos Verstappen Kool Aid
Horner was bragging that they could manage without Newey, and he wasn't involved in the RB20 as much anymore. Look what happened: the car is now a s*it, and Newey left. And Newey isn't the only key member who left. Horner is the team principal and should take responsibility for his team's downfall. Horner is fortunate that he is not at Ferrari; instead, he is under the protection of the Thais.

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

chrisc90 wrote:
24 Sep 2024, 21:36
Not even fussed about the WCC. Lower place means more tunnel and CFD allowance - something that will play helpful going into 2026
You might not be fussed, but I'm sure Redbull will be determined to try and overhaul McLaren. It'll be embarrasing if they are beaten into 3rd by Ferrari.

As for 2026? That depends if the Redbull power unit is competitive or not in 2026. If it's not competitive, then they'll be playing catch up as per the rules for the new engines.

2026 will be the first purely non Newey influenced car.

billamend
billamend

Paa wrote:
25 Sep 2024, 17:35
Anyway, it is very possible that Red Bull also neglected the correlation runs, especially last year when they were extra short on wind tunnel time and wanted to focus all their runs on performance. It is a very good example on how ATR can hurt the leading teams.
Do you really think RB doesn’t use VCARB’s ATR for that?

TFSA

billamend wrote:
27 Sep 2024, 00:11
Paa wrote:
Anyway, it is very possible that Red Bull also neglected the correlation runs, especially last year when they were extra short on wind tunnel time and wanted to focus all their runs on performance. It is a very good example on how ATR can hurt the leading teams.
Yes, because even sharing a wind-tunnel, each teams systems are completely separate, on separate networks, and nobody from the other team is allowed to even be in the wind-tunnel building when a team is using it. And every team has to be able to demonstrate the life cycle of every component at the FIAs request.

The only real worry that is hard to manage is engineers talking to each other outside of the factory - that's kinda impossible to prevent. But that's nowhere in the same league as borrowing ATR-time.

organic

billamend wrote:
27 Sep 2024, 00:11
Paa wrote:
You are on this forum and really believe this?

MYsee
MYsee

What are peoples thoughts on Horner mentioning George Russell? I personally like him as a Perez replacement in 2026.

Paa

MYsee wrote:
27 Sep 2024, 10:19
What are peoples thoughts on Horner mentioning George Russell? I personally like him as a Perez replacement in 2026.
I don't see too much into that right now. If anything Horner just had a dig at Toto after the latter was shamelessly courting Max for the good part of the year.

basti313
basti313

MYsee wrote:
I think there are three names on the table...Russel, Piastri and Lawson. Lawson has now the chance, they (too late) decided to check him out.
One or two of these names will be in the RedBull in 2026. But I guess even Marko does not know who of them...
Last edited by basti313 on 27 Sep 2024, 11:02, edited 1 time in total.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Jurgen von Diaz

MYsee wrote:What are peoples thoughts on Horner mentioning George Russell? I personally like him as a Perez replacement in 2026.
70% of the drivers on the grid is upgrade compared to Perez.

mendis
mendis

MYsee wrote:
You are saying, Perez could consistently beat Ham at Mercedes. :lol:

organic

Too many possibilities between now and then.. but yea any driver at other top teams would be improvement probably

bananapeel23

organic wrote:
27 Sep 2024, 12:08
Too many possibilities between now and then.. but yea any driver at other top teams would be improvement probably
I don't understand how they didn't just get Sainz. Who cares if he wants a 2 year deal when they have no one in VCARB that seems to be living up to the high RBR standards. Put him in the damn car and make him drive it. Even if he won't accept a 2nd driver role Max will be good enough that it won't matter. Leclerc has managed to get priority every year they have been teammates, Max would do the same to Sainz given that Max is almost certainly a better driver than Leclerc (maybe not in quali).

Whenever the Ferrari is oversteery is when Leclerc comprehensively beats Sainz everywhere. Max likes cars just as pointy as Leclerc. Max would comprehensively beat Sainz as well. The difference is that Sainz can actually cope with a car that Leclerc likes, which means that Sainz, unlike Perez, would likely be able to handle a car that Max thrives in.

basti313
basti313

bananapeel23 wrote:
27 Sep 2024, 12:49
I don't understand how they didn't just get Sainz. W
I think this is so quiet, no one leaked anything...except for a strange quote on a press conference there was really nothing. I read from that, that neither Sainz wants to go back to RedBull nor RedBull wants him back.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Lasssept

Ritz Carlton, Singapore.
Marko, Horner, Russell

https://x.com/robertofunoat/status/1839 ... shFNQ&s=19