Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Ray

Re: Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

djones wrote:40.13 If the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking.[/color]

But the safety car was no longer deployed, it was safety car in.

Not in because thats the procedure, in because that was it for the safety car.

There is no way this wont get turned over in court.

Rules are rules and if the FIA can't get it correct you really do have to wonder!!!

MS will keep the 6th place, no doubt in my mind.
Taken directly from Formula1.com website about the 2010 sporting regulations about Safety Car procedures.

It clearly states:

40.12 Each lap completed while the safety car is deployed will be counted as a race lap.
40.13 If the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking.

They were on the last lap, the safety car entered the pit lane on the last lap, and the cars were to take the checkered flag as normal without overtaking.

Cut and dried. MGP brake the rules and were justly punished. There is no argument, for once, about what the regulations state. The marshals did as they were supposed to, everyone proceeded to the finish line in order with exception to MGP driver Michael Schumacher. End of story.

mx_tifosi wrote:How could you not be happy that Webber won?! Look at him! Who else does this awesome crazy stuff??
Didn't Christian Horner jump in the pool wearing a cape when they had a podium a few years ago? Nice to see them show some great emotion when doing good. Not nearly enough of that in F1 these days.

I also must commend Massa. He has said before he's not a huge fan of this track and after the injury he had last year to finish as well as he had this year, and especially 4th at a track he doesn't really like, is amazing in and of itself. Great race overall.
djones wrote:
vall wrote:
djones wrote:40.13 If the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking.[/color]

But the safety car was no longer deployed, it was safety car in.

Not in because thats the procedure, in because that was it for the safety car.
well, the rule says it must get in if it is the last lap. period. How can you argue that it went in because that was it for the safety car?
Race control said the safety car was over, not that it would still be out. If it was still out then it would have come in - but for different reasons.

They said the SC was over, then gave Green flags.

Seriously, this would take any lawyer 30 seconds tops to sort out.
Yep, sure would. They would rule in accordance with the regulations. Pretty easy to see really.
Last edited by Ray on 16 May 2010, 23:16, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Alcatraz

Re: Alonso's Charge

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Alonso charge? at Monaco? :lol:

Hail Caesar

Fred gained 17 positions

How many were after retirements

Lets see Button,

I'm pretty sure that their were more :-"

Last edited by Mr Alcatraz on 16 May 2010, 23:14, edited 1 time in total.
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

vall
vall

marcush. wrote:I´m quite sure the decision will be overturned.
As the procedure to retract the safety car was announced!
If the race was to be ended underSC no action from the Racecontrol would have been necessary and :yellow flags would have been waved till the finish line.
The flags AND Light where green and I´m sure the flag signals in the car were green as well.So were does the discussion ground on? The last lap being under SC? but the
track was called green from the safety car line.. wich is officially the line from where you are allowed to overtake...clearly unclear regulation here and wrong flag signalling if the race wasto be ended under SC rules!

there is no rule that says this must be so!!!! Quite the opposite, if the SC is in the must weave green flags and green light must be turned on......

djones
djones

Dont you get it???

The safety car was no longer deployed!!!!

Its not hard to understand. You dont even need to start looking up regulations and taking screenshots. Its all irrelivent. The SC WAS NO LONGER DEPLOYED.

noname
noname

vall wrote:Because they must according to the regulations, but this does not mean they can race if it is the last lap. 40.13 clearly means:

SC last lap = race end under safety car = no overtaking (regardless the green flags)
I am not so certain as I see 2 options:

1. race is finished under SC. SC is entering the pit line, yellow flags are weaving, no racing and passing.
2. race is restarted. SC is entering the pit line, green flags are weaving, drivers are free to fight.

seems like the color of the flags could be the only differentiator.

I bet FIA will have to clarify the rules soon.

as for Mark. he has the drive of his life. few months back there were a lot of rumors what he will do once he will retire after 2010, but now this question starts to be inappropriate, I think.

Miguel
Miguel

Tazio, after the first safety car Button would have ended behind Alonso anyway. Come on, had Alonso dispatched di Grassi swifter, he could have overtaken Hamilton.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

Mr. K
Mr. K

djones wrote:Dont you get it???

Its not hard to understand. You dont even need to start looking up regulations and taking screenshots. Its all irrelivent. The SC WAS NO LONGER DEPLOYED.
THIS.

Mr Alcatraz

Miguel wrote:Tazio, after the first safety car Button would have ended behind Alonso anyway. Come on, had Alonso dispatched di Grassi swifter, he could have overtaken Hamilton.
What do I know? :wink:

vall
vall

noname wrote:
vall wrote:Because they must according to the regulations, but this does not mean they can race if it is the last lap. 40.13 clearly means:

SC last lap = race end under safety car = no overtaking (regardless the green flags)
I am not so certain as I see 2 options:

1. race is finished under SC. SC is entering the pit line, yellow flags are weaving, no racing and passing.
2. race is restarted. SC is entering the pit line, green flags are weaving, drivers are free to fight.

seems like the color of the flags could be the only differentiator.

I bet FIA will have to clarify the rules soon.

as for Mark. he has the drive of his life. few months back there were a lot of rumors what he will do once he will retire after 2010, but now this question starts to be inappropriate, I think.
no rule says they must have yellow flags. Read the regulations.

Ray

Maybe because they called the Safety Car in, DUE TO THE REGULATION STATING IT WAS SUPPOSED TO COME IN BEFORE THE CHECKERED FLAG ON THE LAST LAP? Did you not think that was the very reason it came in?

Mr Alcatraz

Tazio wrote:
Miguel wrote:Tazio, after the first safety car Button would have ended behind Alonso anyway. Come on, had Alonso dispatched di Grassi swifter, he could have overtaken Hamilton.
What do I know? :wink:
I'm glad that didn't happen black grease-paint stock would have shot off the charts in Spain
and the sub-continent :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Mr Alcatraz on 16 May 2010, 23:24, edited 3 times in total.

vall
vall

Ray wrote:

Maybe because they called the Safety Car in, DUE TO THE REGULATION STATING IT WAS SUPPOSED TO COME IN BEFORE THE CHECKERED FLAG ON THE LAST LAP? Did you not think that was the very reason it came in?
exactly

Maxtreeme
Maxtreeme

40.13 clearly means:

Regardless? :shock:
Excuse me, but green flag means you CAN race => you CAN overtake IMO they introduced the SC line overtake point (not the start/finish line) and forgot to update the rule(s) accordingly #-o

Mr. K
Mr. K

Ray wrote:

If the Safety Car comes in on the final lap but still is deployed there will still be yellow flags, no green ones

djones
djones

Ray wrote:

Race control said the safety car was in. I.E. the safety car period was over.

There are a lot of clever people on this forum, but how they are getting confused with something so straight cut and simple baffles me :?