2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
MYsee
MYsee

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

It has been a while where I have been so nervous or excited for FP1.

MYsee
MYsee

I think this past year has shown that changes don't necessarily mean upgrades. So here is hoping that trend continues and hits McLaren.

RB20 has had a lot of upgrades and I wonder if the Team feels that some of the performance they expected would be unlock now that the core issue has been addressed. Time will tell.

pantherxxx
pantherxxx

To be honest it's risky to bring a huge all-out upgrade package here, since there's only one free practice, not nearly enough time to find the right setup, if you change too many elements. I think that's why Red Bull is concentrating only on the floor, further developing the "frankfenstein floor" they introduced in Baku, which aims to solve their stability problems first. A floor upgrade can have a huge impact on stability, particularly in how the car behaves through high-speed corners and under braking, and we know that the floor generates 60% of the total downforce. If they can solve the stability issues, they will likely regain the performance edge without overwhelming the team with too many changes during a race weekend with limited time.

Paa

Interesting that Red Bull felt the need to go on a quick soft lap so early, while others are still doing long stints on the hard.