Engine photos

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
marcush.
marcush.

Re: Engine photos

Ferraripilot wrote:
strad wrote:
unlike the early Muira's which shared oil between the two.
Many early Ferraris used that set up didn't they? Never quite got the reasoning

Nope, just the Muira and some motorcycle engines do this. And Lamborghini stopped doing it when the 'S' model came out. Since then, every Muira engine without this change has probably been changed to date as they are obviously cherished cars now. I've no idea why such a thing was done in the first place. Gearbox oil needs to be kept very clean and carry a different viscosity and nowadays have friction modifiers and the like. Odd.
and the old mini mini by Issigonis! :mrgreen:

xpensive
xpensive

Does anyone have any background whatsoever to share on this Austrian "Neotech" effort?

http://8w.forix.com/engines/neo-v12.jpg
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

strad

Only what GP.com has...
Walter Brun and Paolo Pavanello had both enjoyed successful careers in different areas of motor racing, Brun as a sportscar driver and team owner and Pavanello with the Euroracing Formula 3 team and with the Euroracing Alfa Romeo team in F1. After Alfa Romeo decided to withdraw from F1 at the end of 1985 Pavanello began looking for alternative projects. A union was agreed, with Brun looking after the business side of the operation and Pavanello supplying the technical back-up and engineers.

The team used the Euroracing base at Senago and former Alfa Romeo designer Mario Tolentino drew the ER188, which was powered by a Cosworth DFZ engine. The team ran two cars in 1988 for Oscar Larrauri and Stefano Modena but neither qualified often and no points were scored. At the end of the year Brun began looking for an alternative team and tried to buy Lotus and Brabham in league with Swiss financier Joachim Luhti, golfer Greg Norman and journalist Peter Windsor. In the end these failed and Brun was forced to go it alone. In February 1989 he hired former Ferrari designer George Ryton to establish a British chassis-building operation called Brun Technics, while Euroracing's Bruno Zava updated the ER188 to "B" specification for Judd V8 engines after a planned deal with Austrian engine company Neotech failed to get off the ground because of lack of finance.

Gregor Foitek was signed to drive but failed to qualify for any races. The new ER189 appeared for the first time at the German GP but soon afterwards Foitek left the team and Larrauri was called back, although he failed to qualify for a single race with the ER189.

A frustrated Ryton designed a "B" version of the ER189 for the 1990 season but then left to join Tyrrell. The team hired drivers Roberto Moreno and Claudio Langes and while the car was obviously not bad there was no money for development, despite the best efforts of Dutch engineer Kees Van der Grint. Moreno escaped from pre-qualifying on five occasions and raced twice. Langes never escaped from pre-qualifying. The team closed down at the end of the European season.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

strad

Ah yes....the men behind the classic DFV
Repco...
Couple of Renaults
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Scuderia Nuvolari
Scuderia Nuvolari

Do those outboard injectors work good?

http://www.motortrend.com/features/112_ ... html#photo
8000 horsepower
it costs 900 horsepower just to power the supercharger
the dual sparkplugs burn out halfway through the run and it deisels too the finish line

http://www.motortrend.com/features/112_ ... ewall.html
Last edited by Scuderia Nuvolari on 14 Apr 2012, 00:00, edited 3 times in total.

strad

Sir Stirling Moss

strad

Renault V6 turbo
Sir Stirling Moss

xpensive
xpensive

The Renault V10 is a sheer engineering beauty, the Gordini looks like a mess, but wasn't Jack Brabhams Repcos really based on an Oldsmobile?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Ferraripilot

Scuderia Nuvolari wrote:Do those outboard injectors work good?

If you mean the shower injectors pictured above, yes, they work remarkably well during wide open throttle. Placing the injector high not only allows the mixture to atomise more thoroughly but also acts as a longer intake runner thus yielding more velocity to the charge which gives torque in return. Shower injection has made a very nice step forward in road engines as Marelli recently made a shower injector which atomises remarkably well. Some custom intake manifolds are running shower injection as a secondary with pre-butterfly injection being primary. Lots of flow!

allstaruk08
allstaruk08

nice pics strad, the v6 turbo says honda on the rocker covers lol

marcush.
marcush.

the original Renault v6 was not really that reliable in its F2 -2litre guise as well...I hate timing belts i have to admit...

strad

but wasn't Jack Brabhams Repcos really based on an Oldsmobile?
Yep
Sir Stirling Moss

Scuderia Nuvolari
Scuderia Nuvolari

How much hp? How does it compare with this 900 hp beast?

http://www.bmwpower.ca/news/bmw_f1_p83.html

EAKMotorsports
EAKMotorsports

great topic.
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·` * EAK