2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Re: 2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

BMMR61 wrote:
06 Aug 2023, 12:16
Can you guys accept you’re not going to agree and give it a rest? This is a supposedly technical forum and the level of technical debate is less than basic.

Can I suggest a new topic for discussion - what changes will McLaren bring that will make them competitive at the Dutch GP.
According to my assumptions, an updated suspension will be ready for Zandvoort. To Monza a new package with low downforce, to Suzuka the updated bottom and body panels. There are a couple of thoughts on the body panels, in terms of how the team can completely reuse the waterslides, making the most of the Coanda effect.

mclaren111

McL-H wrote:
06 Aug 2023, 12:34
BMMR61 wrote:
Can you guys accept you’re not going to agree and give it a rest? This is a supposedly technical forum and the level of technical debate is less than basic.

Can I suggest a new topic for discussion - what changes will McLaren bring that will make them competitive at the Dutch GP.
New floor and engine covers.

Any idea if this a definite ?

mwillems

BMMR61 wrote:

This is the team forum where we discuss team things.

I don't need him to agree, I just don't like falsehoods and misrepresentation.

As for whether you enjoy this chat, I'll politely remind you it is your own choice to read or not read or conversation and that isn't my concern. And since I had already said I was leaving the convvo the only thing that brought me back to it was you.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Seerix
Seerix

last x pages,
"You are wrong."
"No you."

mwillems

Seerix wrote:
06 Aug 2023, 16:48
last x pages,
"You are wrong."
"No you."
The basis of most discussions.

Alternative, don't read our thread, I don't care if it os interest to you or others specifically, nor should I.

-Bandit

mythr-ran-dire
mythr-ran-dire

I am anticipating a revised beam wing and perhaps before that some refinement to the sidepods after the summer break. Mclaren seem to have planned their upgrades from front to back.

A new suspension would be nice but I wonder if that will come next year? Stella has already said they have stopped developing this car.
]=Do=>}
~~ ]=Do=>}

Wheel-to-wheel

Darth-Piekus

Tomorrow I will be away from the PC as I am starting my two weeks summer vacation. Only relaxation, swimming at the beach and of course Greek food. You won't lose me though as I will be visiting from my phone.

As for Mclaren I can't wait for the next batch of upgrades. Our target is to match Red Bull before the winter. Is it possible to do it? Only time will tell.

PikeStance

BMMR61 wrote:

No worries, I am done!
<-Pike----
Expat American in Guangzhou
Native New Orleans

BMMR61

mwillems wrote:
06 Aug 2023, 16:19
BMMR61 wrote:

As for whether you enjoy this chat, I'll politely remind you it is your own choice to read or not read or conversation and that isn't my concern. And since I had already said I was leaving the convvo the only thing that brought me back to it was you.
Aren’t you taking the comment a bit personally. It wasn’t intended that way MW, I generally enjoy your posts, but pages of essentially “no it isn’t“, “yes it is”. This was clearly not “the 5 minute argument”. It certainly didn’t entice broad engagement from members.

Anyway, good for you, I like Carlos but Oscar has been my favourite for four months! On the other matter I think we may see some RW evolutions and revised suspension.

mwillems

BMMR61 wrote:
08 Aug 2023, 10:14
mwillems wrote:
06 Aug 2023, 16:19
BMMR61 wrote:

Aren’t you taking the comment a bit personally. It wasn’t intended that way MW, I generally enjoy your posts, but pages of essentially “no it isn’t“, “yes it is”. This was clearly not “the 5 minute argument”. It certainly didn’t entice broad engagement from members.

Anyway, good for you, I like Carlos but Oscar has been my favourite for four months! On the other matter I think we may see some RW evolutions and revised suspension.
That wasn't the conversation we were having. It became a contentious conversation for other reasons and I wanted to see it through. I personally find it easy to navigate the threads I'm not interested in.

And as I said I had ducked out of the convo so the only reason it is going is because of these replies. No sharp reply intended I was trying to be factual and polite.

It's done now, so as you suggest, let's move on.

-Bandit

mwillems

Stella stating that whilst the rear wing can be improved it is the car as a package that is not efficient enough. But the rear wing is on the to do list.

The wing may be addressed this year.

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/230476/m ... -list.html

-Bandit

the EDGE
the EDGE

mwillems wrote:
08 Aug 2023, 15:14
Stella stating that whilst the rear wing can be improved it is the car as a package that is not efficient enough. But the rear wing is on the to do list.

I think in regards to the good job RB have done, a lot to do with the amount of outwash they have achieved. In the video posted previously you see McLaren’s still hits the rear tyres, so double drag in affect, albeit it clears the dirty air from the important parts, whereas RBs outwash guides the air out around the rear tyres, leaving a lower pressure zone in front

mwillems

the EDGE wrote:
08 Aug 2023, 15:25
mwillems wrote:
08 Aug 2023, 15:14

I think in regards to the good job RB have done, a lot to do with the amount of outwash they have achieved. In the video posted previously you see McLaren’s still hits the rear tyres, so double drag in affect, albeit it clears the dirty air from the important parts, whereas RBs outwash guides the air out around the rear tyres, leaving a lower pressure zone in front
Yes I think this is a good shout. It does seem like another big change to the top of thr floor and the sidepod to better deal with the flow.

It seems to make sense to have wider sidepods to create more outwash and to create a larger waterslide to the rear, but the would naturally changed how the floor seals and alter the underfloor geometries. Such is the nature of changes to the middle of the car, its rarely a small change now. It is a very fickle formula.

-Bandit

_cerber1

MTudor
MTudor

OMG some of you are downright tiring with the T1 incident,acting like grownup babies 😂😂😂