2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
edu2703
edu2703

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

I'm actually surprised to see Mercedes struggling at this circuit. Russell P17 and Hamilton behind Sainz. I expected better performance from them.

McLaren and Verstappen seem to be in another league from the rest.

ScuderiaLeo

Xyz22 wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 17:34
Again Leclerc completely silent after the quali. He is 100% done with this season. Tomorrow is going to be a disaster.

The car has tremendous amount of understeer from the onboards. If that is the case they will destroy both the front and the rear tyres tomorrow. Thankfully Mercedes --- up and Perez is the worst driver in F1 modern era.
A little shocked that Ferrari somehow managed to develop into an understeer-prone car again, but not that shocked because it's not the first time.

Either way, the gap is massive, and I don't think any level of development will suddenly close 4-tenths on a track where we were supposed to be strong (again).

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

Good effort from Sainz, also Charles seems to have hit his garage door while coming out for 2nd run in Q3.
Also if Charles get so upset like the therapist and body language expert think then he is simply not fit for wdc nor can he lead the team... I personally don't think he is given up. if that's the case we would have seen last season as well..

Give credit to Sainz when its due..

yooogurt

On his best attempt in Q3 #Leclerc had a gearbox problem in the last corner where he unintentionally downshifted gears. You can clearly see from the telemetry compared to his best lap. Charles told #Sky it was a problem with the steering wheel that they need to check. Cost just under 1 tenth, he would have been ahead of #Hamilton probably
FORZA FERRARI!

ScuderiaLeo

Fakepivot wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 18:17
Also if Charles get so upset like the therapist and body language expert think
It's completely fair to make educated guesses that he's frustrated and point out he's underperforming, but no need to bring YT "experts" into it. They say anything for clicks and views, and overanalyzing every minute detail off-track is unhealthy.

BTW to be clear, I have no issue with any of us theorizing or making observations. But citing body language "experts" who just make videos for views and drama is not the same as us, active F1 fans, speculating.
Last edited by ScuderiaLeo on 20 Jul 2024, 18:38, edited 2 times in total.

JPower
JPower

Fakepivot wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 18:17

Give credit to Sainz when its due..
A step too far for many.

Luscion
Luscion

Vasseur saying the bouncing is largely resolved and the car is easier to drive, they just have push development again and add more downforce now.

https://formu1a.uno/it/vasseur-bouncing ... -sviluppi/

Xyz22
Xyz22

I make a post about Leclerc and people start talking about Sainz.

I don’t care if Leclerc is ahead or not. He was like this in Spain as well when he was ahead.

Look at his interview and you see someone that doesn’t believe in this project anymore. Not even last year he was like this when they were in shambles.

This isn't bad for Leclerc specifically, but is bad for Ferrari because it means the situation within the Team is terrible which is reflected by the absolutely awful performance since Monaco. The car has been embarrassing.

Again people making fun of analyzing body language which is quite easy for Leclerc. Last season during the test i told everyone here that things were not looking good after seeing Leclerc reactions and of course i was right that time as well.

We’ll see.
Last edited by Xyz22 on 20 Jul 2024, 18:46, edited 1 time in total.

f1316
f1316

Weirdly I was actually mildly encouraged by this. Yeah they’re not quite in the game but they were thereabouts at times and the car has some strong points, despite cold conditions. I was expecting a lot worse after the last few races and the turnaround time to fix the bouncing was impressive - the most important thing is that they understand the car development and they don’t look lost any more.

Sevach
Sevach

Luscion wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 18:23
Vasseur saying the bouncing is largely resolved and the car is easier to drive, they just have push development again and add more downforce now.

I hope that's the case, still Hungaroring is not the perfect place to judge this... Spa will be proof enough however.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Luscion wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 18:23

Which will reintroduce bouncing :lol:

ScuderiaLeo

Sainz said in his Sky interview he was experiencing some unusual bouncing - not as much as before, but enough that they aren't sure they fixed the issue. And they'll still need to improve for Spa.

chrisc90

What upgrades/downgrades has Ferrari actually brought for the CL16 fancamp to be claiming the car is now developed towards understeer?

Minor floor upgrade this weekend to sort the bouncing out from the spain upgrade. Understeer that wasnt there last 3 races? Solution: add a few more clicks to the wing.

Xyz22
Xyz22

chrisc90 wrote:
20 Jul 2024, 18:50
What upgrades/downgrades has Ferrari actually brought for the CL16 fancamp to be claiming the car is now developed towards understeer?

Minor floor upgrade this weekend to sort the bouncing out from the spain upgrade. Understeer that wasnt there last 3 races? Solution: add a few more clicks to the wing.
The car had a lot of understeer today. I don't think it is related to the upgrades, though.

If Norris did a 2nd lap Ferrari would probably be like 0.6 / 0.7s behind McL? This car is garbage right now. Tomorrow is going to be a bloodbath.

Norris didn't even make a second push :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

the team Vasseur need to build is not complete yet, so I was looking at Jerome D'Ambrosio, who will be deputy TP, i guess like right hand man for fred?, so he become TP of a formulaE team which was like in 10th rank and took it to p2 with some wins and podium. Who know having someone like that could be huge help for fred atm.. but yea Lico and him won't be arriving till 1st October.