2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
FeelHeel
FeelHeel

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

A positive race. Leclerc displayed competitive speed under certain conditions. The strategy was exactly like that of most teams: less than perfect. Pit stops were fast and efficient. Reliability was excellent. Certainly, the car is not fast enough, like those of seven other teams, but intelligent fans will find reasons to be optimistic.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man, but he was not a good man.
— Phil Hill

aleks_ader

LM10 wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 19:35
Vanja #66 wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 19:12
dialtone wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 19:00

I don’t even think it was 0.2 off. More like 0.1s. The sub optimal strategy played a role with LEC hard stint of 17 laps vs Max’s of 27 and the Hard tire was the best for Ferrari.
No man, whatever happens Ferrari is crap and that's it. The fact they have so many issues right now and still made by far the biggest step in pace from 2023 race is irrelevant...
I’m mainly ignoring this thread at this point. It’s just frustrating seeing the armchair experts whining day in day out.
It’s sad which state the thread or many other threads have turned into lately, but that’s what we’ve got now sadly.

I’m happy with Ferrari’s huge progress from last year and also their really quick reaction to solving the porpoising issue is a very good sign and shows the ability of the team.
I hope they keep it up and at the latest in 2026 Ferrari should be in a position to fight for titles.
Exactly. I GOT HYPOTHESIS, that Mclaren and RB had at least half (and second one for 1 year) more advanced knowledge of current aero paradigm. Knowledge such as how to model, use, manipulate GF and use its effects effectively and achieve useable high speed downforce. I got even intrusive thoughts, that Mclaren surpassed RB, but we will need at least another half year and at least 2 big updates. I actually think RB could still hide performance sealing in some areas.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

yooogurt

dialtone wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 19:57
Shows you how important Newey was at RBR, ultimately hard to argue with the results.
Yeah, its the second shock strike.
Not only because the RB went down a path that Newey didnt like, but that in the end they gave up and Newey was right. And it cost them to break up with him.
FORZA FERRARI!

AeroDynamic

Xyz22 wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 20:46
SoulPancake13 wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 18:48
Xyz22 wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 17:22
By the way the car is still super slow.
How do you define super slow? 2 tenths off McLaren and matched w Merc and Red Bull is super slow?
RB was awful

And people think Verstappen would save Ferrari :lol:
Laughable to think we had people like Bernie Ecclestone trying to convince followers (and of course a certain group would believe it) that Max would win the championship in the Mercedes last year, or in half the cars on the grid :lol:

Xyz22
Xyz22

The key to be fast with these regulations is to have a strong front end and let the best drivers manage the rear.
The upgraded RB18 and RB 19 were so good because of this in combination with Max super talent at managing the rear end.

This is also why the F1 75 was so strong with Charles.

If the car has understeer and no front end, there is no way you can win. The proof was today once again with the upgraded RB 20 being way too much on the rear as Max said in the video i posted, and in fact the pace difference compared to Perez was way smaller than usual.

- Strong front end
- Large setup window
- Overall DWF

These are the key ingredients. It's useless to have a lot of DWF if there is bouncing or if you need to use understeery setup to keep the car consistent.
Last edited by Xyz22 on 22 Jul 2024, 06:53, edited 1 time in total.

codetower

After the race, stella said they have a new wing coming next race, was this a front or rear? Could it have anything to do with the flex complaints?

ScuderiaLeo

Xyz22 wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 01:00
The key to be fast with these regulations is to have a strong front end and let the best drivers manage the rear.
The upgraded RB18 and RB 19 were so good because of this in combination with Max super talent at managing the rear end.

If the car has understeer and no front end, there is no way you can win. The proof was today once again with the upgrade RB 20 being way too much on the rear as Max said in the video i posted, and in fact the pace difference compared to Perez was way smaller than usual.

- Strong front end
- Large setup window
- Overall DWF

These are the key ingredients. It's useless to have a lot of DWF if there is bouncing or if you need to use understeery setup to keep the car consistent.
Question to you (or anyone who sees this) because I haven't been able to watch the onboards from today properly yet.

Was the understeering today as bad as it was yesterday? I know Leclerc complained about it on the radio at the start of the race but I didn't see if it was a persistent problem that was affecting their lap times/comfort, or if it'd become manageable.

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

More positives than not in this race compared to the past few, maybe a podium was possible. Another anonymous showing for Sainz, stellar pace from Leclerc. Quick work on the floor is impressive, but I don't think they're out of the weeds yet developmentally.

Xyz22
Xyz22

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 04:17
Xyz22 wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 01:00

If the car has understeer and no front end, there is no way you can win. The proof was today once again with the upgrade RB 20 being way too much on the rear as Max said in the video i posted, and in fact the pace difference compared to Perez was way smaller than usual.

- Strong front end
- Large setup window
- Overall DWF

Question to you (or anyone who sees this) because I haven't been able to watch the onboards from today properly yet.

Was the understeering today as bad as it was yesterday? I know Leclerc complained about it on the radio at the start of the race but I didn't see if it was a persistent problem that was affecting their lap times/comfort, or if it'd become manageable.
He felt the balance was too much on the understeer side and they changed the FW flaps during the pit stop.

The race pace was better than i expected, even though overall Ferrari was still 4th fastest.
This WE Leclerc was able to do his normal race and he is usually quicker than Sainz so this is one of the reasons behind the smaller gap compared to the others.

MichaelFerrari

Am I the only one concerned with Vasseur's growing delusion? I mean, he's becoming Binotto 2.0 by the end of the season 🙄

Xyz22
Xyz22

Sigh

Macafangrskg
Macafangrskg

codetower wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 03:32
After the race, stella said they have a new wing coming next race, was this a front or rear? Could it have anything to do with the flex complaints?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgUPGea9CTg

McLaren Fan here and it is RW.It was our main problem last year that we didnt have a special version of RW for Low Drag Circuits

r85
r85

MichaelFerrari wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 07:04
Am I the only one concerned with Vasseur's growing delusion? I mean, he's becoming Binotto 2.0 by the end of the season 🙄
https://formu1a.uno/it/vasseur-la-direz ... -la-sosta/

"Here we were fighting for the podium, we fought with Mercedes and Red Bull, but we still lack a bit of pace to compete with McLaren."

"In 2023 we finished 65 seconds behind Red Bull, now we are 20 seconds behind McLaren. It is not enough, but it is progress."

No delusion here, he's still keeping it real. Besides that, I think Ferrari will be battling McLaren next weekend slightly behind the Mercedes. Mercedes has been dumping drag since a few races and have a well balanced car when it's not hot. McLaren are quite draggy and will fall towards the Ferrari at the end of the stints.

Xyz22
Xyz22

r85 wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 09:47
MichaelFerrari wrote:

"Here we were fighting for the podium, we fought with Mercedes and Red Bull, but we still lack a bit of pace to compete with McLaren."

"In 2023 we finished 65 seconds behind Red Bull, now we are 20 seconds behind McLaren. It is not enough, but it is progress."

No delusion here, he's still keeping it real. Besides that, I think Ferrari will be battling McLaren next weekend slightly behind the Mercedes. Mercedes has been dumping drag since a few races and have a well balanced car when it's not hot. McLaren are quite draggy and will fall towards the Ferrari at the end of the stints.
Ferrari is nowhere in fast corners. Moreover, McLaren improved massively since the upgrade package in Miami in terms of efficiency.

Ferrari won't fight with McLaren.

Also Vasseur is redirecting the narrative. It's true that compared to last year Ferrari improved and the gap was much smaller from the leader but the real issue is that the relative performance decreased massively since Monaco. In Imola for example Ferrari was ahead of Mercedes and "only" 7s behind the leaders.

Silverstone was a massacre and in Austria Sainz would have finished over 20s behind in a normal race.

MattLightBlue
MattLightBlue

Xyz22 wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 10:19
r85 wrote:
22 Jul 2024, 09:47
MichaelFerrari wrote:

Ferrari is nowhere in fast corners. Moreover, McLaren improved massively since the upgrade package in Miami in terms of efficiency.

Ferrari won't fight with McLaren.

Also Vasseur is redirecting the narrative. It's true that compared to last Ferrari improved and the gap was much smaller from the leader but the real issue is that the relative performance decreased massively since Monaco. In Imola for example Ferrari was ahead of Mercedes and "only" 7s behind the leaders.

Silverstone was a massacre and in Austria Sainz would have finished over 20s behind in a normal race.
Ferrari lost their main path in development, that is for sure. We are too much delusional in this thread though: without the incredible improvement of McLaren and Mercedes we would be talking about Ferrari and RedBull being on the same pace and fighting for victory.