2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
BMMR61

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

Horner criticised Lando for "divebombing" Max. Pot - kettle! Great race just tainted by Max and numerous instances of questionable FIA behaviour. Stella's comments were right on the mark - as always. McLaren = dignified.

SilviuAgo

This is funny. If we exclude 70% of the track...max couldn't do anything :D

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

I am disappointed. Very much so. The stewards' decision during the race towards Max, and Max's movement in the braking zone. I won't even say the rest. The fight was interesting until there was a strong contact. McLaren are losing out on deserved points. On the positive side, I am very happy for Oscar! Well done, lad!

I would void the race for Max and give him a one race ban. It's deserved.

Otherwise, there will be no comments from my side, because the swear words are uncensored.

SilviuAgo

BMMR61 wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:23
Horner criticised Lando for "divebombing" Max. Pot - kettle! Great race just tainted by Max and numerous instances of questionable FIA behaviour. Stella's comments were right on the mark - as always. McLaren = dignified.
yup, if horner said that we all now may sleep well at night...and he can do more nipple pics and send to some RB female staff. horner is a high moral quality man and his words can be trusted! :roll:

enkidu1978
enkidu1978

Unbelievable, that's all I can say. Max showing his true colours just like he did with Hamilton. FIA should be ashamed.

Darth-Piekus

Do you now people understand that Mclaren should target for a car that is 1 second faster than the rest. No more wheel to wheel driving with that fake champion. Our goal is to make him eat our dust in the next year.

Tomsky
Tomsky

Oscar and Lando are the best today. Max was dumb, and he's still that way.

Emag
Emag

I am going to have to say though, without taking any blame whatsoever from Max who drives like a maniac, but Lando needs to start improving and adapting his race craft for Max.

None of his overtaking attempts were clean and were falling more onto amateurish tbh, with the divebombing and locking up.

It's what happened with Leclerc after Austria 2019, he was no longer treating Max the same after that race.

A shame an entire grid of drivers need to change to drive around the problem, but it has to be like this since FIA doesn't punish the movement under braking.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Dimond wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:22
In fact, this crash was to Max's advantage, as his lead over the second place driver in WDC only increased
Now you understand why Max crashes into rivals... It's a tactical crash.
The cheapest sort of pride is national pride, every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.

Tomsky
Tomsky

Emag wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:40
I am going to have to say though, without taking any blame whatsoever from Max who drives like a maniac, but Lando needs to start improving and adapting his race craft for Max.

None of his overtaking attempts were clean and were falling more onto amateurish tbh, with the divebombing and locking up.

It's what happened with Leclerc after Austria 2019, he was no longer treating Max the same after that race.

A shame an entire grid of drivers need to change to drive around the problem, but it has to be like this since FIA doesn't punish the movement under braking.
Have you seen that McLaren is much slower on the straights? How should he overtake?

Emag
Emag

Tomsky wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:44
Emag wrote:

Have you seen that McLaren is much slower on the straights? How should he overtake?
Not like what he was doing thats for sure. Either be smart with the exits, or just be more forcing on the attack to compromise the guy defending.

Divebombing and locking up is what an amateur does when he sees no way through.

Tomsky
Tomsky

Emag wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:48
Tomsky wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:44
Emag wrote:

Not like what he was doing thats for sure. Either be smart with the exits, or just be more forcing on the attack to compromise the guy defending.

Divebombing and locking up is what an amateur does when he sees no way through.
When there is no chance to overtake in the straight, you have to take risks. Would you like it if he just trailed behind?
We need to solve the problems with speed when the DRS is open.

Farnborough
Farnborough

Emag wrote:

I felt the same about this, but also that this corner and track aspect brings very late accumulation of DRS effect to compress all of the action right into micro seconds and directional "combat" no surprise that many coming together have been concentrated right here for many drivers.

More measured approach could have held MV tight to apex of 3, then to get clearer application via DRS down to corner 4. Much easier said than done though.

People seem to easily forget that LN put MV on the grass just a week ago too, at Spanish GP start.

I'd much prefer to see this race played out to full length than this result, it was moving toward a very high tension finish which is good to watch.

organic

Lando forced the collision by doing these dive-bombs and running off track. But max also was wrong to move on the brakes etc

It's similar to Monza 2021 wherein both drivers needed to be going over the limit in the events leading to the collision, but one driver was more at fault. In each case stewards deemed Max to be predominantly at fault.

I think Lando will learn from this and ultimately they might not end up friends sadly. Max will always race at the limit

Emag
Emag

organic wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:56
Lando forced the collision by doing these dive-bombs and running off track. But max also was wrong to move on the brakes etc

It's similar to Monza 2021 wherein both drivers needed to be going over the limit in the events leading to the collision, but one driver was more at fault. In each case stewards deemed Max to be predominantly at fault.

I think Lando will learn from this and ultimately they might not end up friends sadly. Max will always race at the limit
Max doesnt race to the limit, he goes beyond it if you push him enough.

The proven formula of getting past Max is by dummying him into making a kamikaze defense move, which he will almost always make if he feels a threat.

Then, you should not go for the attack at the entry. instead back off. He would have compromised his entry so then you can take it away from him on the exit.

The movement under braking is ridiculous and it deserves no praise. Everything else Max does, is world class, but these moments are literally disgusting and take so much away from him.