2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
MrGapes

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

I’d rather shift our perspective to Silverstone, had to uninstall twitter because the stuff I was seeing on there is just completely bonkers.

willmesquita

I am concerned Red Bull was faster ate high speed corners at Barcelona and Austria, don't know if we'll be on pair at Silverstone (at least quali pace).
To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone. ― Bruce McLaren

papayaorange.com.br

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

mwillems wrote:
03 Jul 2024, 01:14
The team are apparently bringing updates to Silverstone.
What is the source of that.

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

willmesquita wrote:
03 Jul 2024, 04:10
I am concerned Red Bull was faster ate high speed corners at Barcelona and Austria, don't know if we'll be on pair at Silverstone (at least quali pace).
By the way, there is a nuance here. Red Bull is faster in high-speed corners and especially in those with a smaller radius. In corners with a larger radius, the difference between the teams can be minimal. Well, for example: in the Copse turn the difference at the apex can be 1-2 km/h, and in the Stowe turn it's all 6-10 km/h.

And maybe I'm wrong, if you remember Suzuka.

Red Bull in the Red Bull Ring qualifying could carry more speed into turns 9 and 10 and hold it. The rear remained more stable. I don’t know how it was in the race, I haven’t seen it yet. But in the Barcelona race Max had clear problems in turns 3 and 9, where Max lost ground to Lando. Constant corrections due to oversteer.

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

FittingMechanics wrote:
03 Jul 2024, 06:18
mwillems wrote:
Maybe he senses the team's ambition? I would bring something to my home race too. And remembering what Lando said in Miami, when he said his first win came almost at the right time, he mentioned that he wanted to take his first win at Silverstone.

Maybe this week there will be some updates and the car will become dominant in qualifying and the race.

mwillems

FittingMechanics wrote:
mwillems wrote:
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Tomsky
Tomsky

mwillems wrote:
03 Jul 2024, 07:32
FittingMechanics wrote:
mwillems wrote:
Yesterday I read an article on f1uno, today I did not find it, most likely they deleted it.

mwillems

willmesquita wrote:
03 Jul 2024, 04:10
They were faster in a few areas until later in the race when we had Fresh Mediums and when we had less deg on the hards vs Red Bull. T3 was a noticeable time drop throughout the race

-Bandit

mwillems

Tomsky wrote:
03 Jul 2024, 07:41
mwillems wrote:
FittingMechanics wrote:

Yesterday I read an article on f1uno, today I did not find it, most likely they deleted it.
Thanks. So perhaps there aren't upgrades.

-Bandit

Tomsky
Tomsky

mwillems wrote:
03 Jul 2024, 07:49
Tomsky wrote:
03 Jul 2024, 07:41
mwillems wrote:

Thanks. So perhaps there aren't upgrades.
The article was not only about McLaren, so it could not have been deleted because of McLaren.

Quantum

Emag wrote:
02 Jul 2024, 22:26
Yikes this is embarrassing. Much worse than Ferrari's Singapore tweet because at least that was in the heat of the moment. They have had a couple of days to think this through.

It's so bad, it looks like a teenager manages their social media account.

Not sure why it would be embarrassing. The content of what Davidson said is on point.
"Interplay of triads"

CjC
CjC

They just need to move on.
Max got a penalty so he was at ‘fault’

Get your head down, upgrade the car and do the talking on track.
Whinging about Austria isn’t really the best was to prepare for Silverstone
Just a fan's point of view

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

CjC wrote:
03 Jul 2024, 09:57

Do you think the person who designs news on Twitter is also the one who designs, manufactures, and assembles parts? The news was correct. There was nothing wrong with it. Telling the truth should not cause a feeling of shame.

The people at the team factory develop the updates and bring them to the track as soon as they are ready. Don't worry about that. And about the team having to respond on the track: that's what Lando did. He didn't dodge Max's mixing and squeezing again. That's the only way to put Max in his place. Otherwise, he doesn't understand. Now let him think about it.

The thought often came up here that Lando wasn't ready to fight Max yet, that he didn't have enough pace to simply attempt an overtake, that he wasn't Max's equal. Lando made a couple of attempts, expressed his dissatisfaction with Max's driving. And then he went on a hard attack. The constant attempts to put pressure on Max in itself already indicate that second place is not enough for Lando. He wants to win and did everything necessary to achieve this.

Or that Lando needs to draw conclusions about how Max defends himself. Only people don't seem to understand that Lando knows all of Max's dirty tricks. And he already proved it in iRacing. And the same thing happened there - Max brought his defense to contact.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

I'm indifferent about the tweet but you could see it as McLaren attempting to put some pressure on FIA and the stewards, showing what is acceptable and what is not. Most people would say these type of blocks are dangerous and shouldn't be allowed. Maybe things will be clarified.

If the move is legal then I'd expect our guys to start blocking like that.

willmesquita

LionsHeart wrote:
03 Jul 2024, 10:25
CjC wrote:
03 Jul 2024, 09:57

Do you think the person who designs news on Twitter is also the one who designs, manufactures, and assembles parts? The news was correct. There was nothing wrong with it. Telling the truth should not cause a feeling of shame.

The people at the team factory develop the updates and bring them to the track as soon as they are ready. Don't worry about that. And about the team having to respond on the track: that's what Lando did. He didn't dodge Max's mixing and squeezing again. That's the only way to put Max in his place. Otherwise, he doesn't understand. Now let him think about it.

The thought often came up here that Lando wasn't ready to fight Max yet, that he didn't have enough pace to simply attempt an overtake, that he wasn't Max's equal. Lando made a couple of attempts, expressed his dissatisfaction with Max's driving. And then he went on a hard attack. The constant attempts to put pressure on Max in itself already indicate that second place is not enough for Lando. He wants to win and did everything necessary to achieve this.

Or that Lando needs to draw conclusions about how Max defends himself. Only people don't seem to understand that Lando knows all of Max's dirty tricks. And he already proved it in iRacing. And the same thing happened there - Max brought his defense to contact.
I coudn't agree more, there are many ways to win races now and one of them is increasing stewards awareness over Max's tactics.

One thing about Austria that puzzles me is that +5s to Lando when he loses so much time going off track. McLaren need to stand up against bad stewardship. Teams need to put pressure over FIA to get better consistency.
To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone. ― Bruce McLaren

papayaorange.com.br