Lotus E21 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
stefan_
stefan_

Re: Lotus E21 Renault

Brake hubs exposed during Barcelona test

via Romain Grosjean
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

MarkedOne8
MarkedOne8

That was completely unnecessary. Hopefuly he won't upload the pictures of telemetry one day.
Anyway, is it expected for the team to run DRD in Australia?
Fernando Alonso is the best pay-to-drive driver in F1 with the biggest amount of money behind him.
http://f1bias.com/2012/04/05/truth-abou ... nder-2008/

xDama
xDama

MarkedOne8 wrote:That was completely unnecessary. Hopefuly he won't upload the pictures of telemetry one day.
Anyway, is it expected for the team to run DRD in Australia?
:roll:

Those are pictures, taken by someone of the team, and uploaded to his personal FB-account. Absolutely nothing wrong with this.
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

raymondu999

Those events sound familiar...
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

SRK
SRK

NormalChris
NormalChris

So this video "Lotus F1 Team's 2013 season preview" http://www.gpupdate.net/en/videos/3148/ ... n-preview/ I believe shows a car without a stepped nose. I'm pretty sure this video just came out but am not sure.

This are the best pics I could pull from the video.

What do you think? Kinda looks like Saubers to me,maybe a little deeper,maybe with some ducting? I'll be happy if this turns out to be on the car in Melbourne.

zonk
zonk

it is Renault r30 you can see central support of rear wing

Huntresa
Huntresa

Incredible that ppl can think that that video shows this years car... More ppl need glasses it seems...

Blackout

R30 chassis (airbox) indeed but some parts seem to come from other cars. (nose looks like R31 but not exactly)...
Another Frankenstein Show car from Enstone

Huntresa
Huntresa

Blackout wrote:R30 chassis (airbox) indeed but some parts seem to come from other cars. (nose looks like R31 but not exactly)...
Another Frankenstein Show car from Enstone
Isnt it the same show car they use during the year for stuff like the batman advertisement last year at silverstone? Except they had the freaky RW on it then.

Much like saubers weird showcar that seems to be like 4 diff cars.

Blackout

For Batman they used the modified R31 (the same they used for the E20's launch) AFAIR

Edit
http://newcinema.es/imagenes/2012/07/Lo ... tman-2.jpg
with the freaky R30 canadian GP rear wing indeed

I never saw the Sauber showcars

Huntresa
Huntresa

Blackout wrote:For Batman they used the modified R31 (the same they used for the E20's launch) AFAIR

Edit
http://newcinema.es/imagenes/2012/07/Lo ... tman-2.jpg
with the freaky R30 canadian GP rear wing indeed

I never saw the Sauber showcars
Lookup the picture of the sauber when they announced the chelsea sponsorship and the same one was used for the exhibition in england a few weeks back.

korzeniow
korzeniow

I don't recall R31 having step on the nose... :?:
It's been a long time since we drove last time, but it has also been a short time at the same time
Roam Grosjean ponders the passing of time on the first day of testing at Jerez
February 5, 2013

SRK
SRK

Little plastic and glue and step made up.
Another discussion of 'some' showcar #-o

NormalChris
NormalChris

SRK wrote:Little plastic and glue and step made up.
Another discussion of 'some' showcar #-o
Yes, but why?

Why would they design and build a nose that is so obviously different to the one they have been using for the last year+ and would only fit this years vanity plate regulations and put it on a promotional video? Is it that big of a jump to assume that they wanted the car in the promotional video to look similar to how the car will look for the season? I understand why this can be dismissed as just a frankienstien car but it doesn't make sense to me that they would build a new replica part that doesn't replicate the car but does replicate this years regulations. Maybe If I had been been more specific that I was interested in those unique traits of the nose and that I was aware of the other differences to the E21 the idea wouldn't have been dismissed so quickly.
The only reason I can think for this nose (if it turns out it's not similar to final spec) is that they changed their mind about a vanity panel. Or maybe they they just had some plastic and glue laying around and felt like putting random pieces on the car to make it look less like the real car. I should stop thinking about it, not E21, doesn't matter.