2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Luscion
Luscion

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

said it before, things can change very quickly in F1, Ferrari have gone from no man's land to finding their feet again. Well done to Leclerc

dialtone
dialtone

Listening to HAM my opinion on the race shifted a bit further, Charles hanging with MCL made the strategy possible, but Ferrari went into the race with the availability of a 1 stopper which no other team had on that race pace.

Ferrari looked at their strengths pre-race and took victory, no handouts came from MCL during the race, not sure PIA was gonna make it to the end given the pace he was going at, they went into the race on a 2 stopper and that's where MCL failed their strategy, not in race.

.Bole
.Bole

Grande Charles

Vanja #66

FDD wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 16:49
I am so sorry that the update did not work
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Comment of the Year :mrgreen:

On a serious note, if Leclerc had a 0.1s a lap slower car, Oscar would have caught him by lap 50 and overtaken him by the end easily. Equally, Sainz would have been P5 very, very likely. That is how small the margins are for months now
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

yooogurt

Vanja #66 wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 18:23
Simply lovely :)
:D
FORZA FERRARI!

Xyz22
Xyz22

dialtone wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 18:22

Listening to HAM my opinion on the race shifted a bit further, Charles hanging with MCL made the strategy possible, but Ferrari went into the race with the availability of a 1 stopper which no other team had on that race pace.

Ferrari looked at their strengths pre-race and took victory, no handouts came from MCL during the race, not sure PIA was gonna make it to the end given the pace he was going at, they went into the race on a 2 stopper and that's where MCL failed their strategy, not in race.
Ferrari plan was to do a 2 stop during the race, but when both McL pitted they said why not? There was no threat behind Norris. The deg and how the race evolved pushed them to go for the 1 stop.

Everyone got extremely scared by the deg in the first stint where the laptimes were up massively. I didn't realize it at the time. Think Carlos should have done 2-3 lap less in the first stint.

dialtone
dialtone

Xyz22 wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 18:42
Ferrari plan was to do a 2 stop during the race, but when both McL pitted they said why not? There was no threat behind Norris. The deg and how the race evolved pushed them to go for the 1 stop.

Everyone got extremely scared by the deg in the first stint where the laptimes were up massively. I didn't realize it at the time. Think Carlos should have done 2-3 lap less in the first stint.
That's not against what I said. Ferrari came with the ability to do a 1 stopper, not that they committed to do it before, but they had it in the bag unlike others.

Carlos did 20 laps on the mediums, once you do that on a full tank you learn that the hard can do 35+ and unlike the last couple of years, Ferrari is finally learning from how the tires do DURING the race.

Xyz22
Xyz22

dialtone wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 18:55
Xyz22 wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 18:42

That's not against what I said. Ferrari came with the ability to do a 1 stopper, not that they committed to do it before, but they had it in the bag unlike others.

Carlos did 20 laps on the mediums, once you do that on a full tank you learn that the hard can do 35+ and unlike the last couple of years, Ferrari is finally learning from how the tires do DURING the race.
Yep, agreed.

ScuderiaLeo

dialtone wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 18:55

Both the team and drivers have really improved the past few years. I don't think Leclerc from a few years ago could've pulled this off, just like how Ferrari from 2022 would've likely somehow fumbled the race management.

It's not perfect, and I'm still not as optimistic as some people here I think; I don't think there's any chance of Ferrari catching McLaren in the WCC. But after the disaster that was the Barcelona header, the races since Hungary have been progressively more uplifting. And Leclerc has been driving his *** off.

KimiRai
KimiRai

JPower wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 16:31
Alonso was right by the way.
And people thought he was making fun of Ferrari :wink: Great job guys
Last edited by KimiRai on 01 Sep 2024, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.

dialtone
dialtone

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 19:04
It's not perfect, and I'm still not as optimistic as some people here I think; I don't think there's any chance of Ferrari catching McLaren in the WCC. But after the disaster that was the Barcelona header, the races since Hungary have been progressively more uplifting. And Leclerc has been driving his *** off.
I'm with you, I woke up right before the start and the first thing I saw was LEC come out of La Roggia with his rear moving under him but still planting down his foot to take that 2nd place. But this was obviously a difficult race to win and doubtful it can happen every race, but so far so good, last 2 races specifically Charles has been on another planet from any driver on the grid.

Vanja #66

mwillems wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 20:12
It was a good race. Very nice of Russell to step out of the way at the start. There was a decent amount of luck coming Ferraris way this race to win it, but they put themselves in contention for the win, so you can't say they don't deserve it.
Agreed. However, the big issue until not long ago, after Miami maybe, was their reluctance to adapt the strategy during the race to match the track status, other strategies and how the race develops. I literally can't forrgive Binotto, Rueda and Xavi (in that order) Monaco and Hungary 2022. Silverstone was mega stupid too, but at least they got the win even if 1-2 was theirs to lose. It seems those times are behind now, but the jury's still out...

#BlessYouLaddie

mwillems

Vanja #66 wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 20:24
mwillems wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 20:12
It was a good race. Very nice of Russell to step out of the way at the start. There was a decent amount of luck coming Ferraris way this race to win it, but they put themselves in contention for the win, so you can't say they don't deserve it.
Agreed. However, the big issue until not long ago, after Miami maybe, was their reluctance to adapt the strategy during the race to match the track status, other strategies and how the race develops. I literally can't forrgive Binotto, Rueda and Xavi (in that order) Monaco and Hungary 2022. Silverstone was mega stupid too, but at least they got the win even if 1-2 was theirs to lose. It seems those times are behind now, but the jury's still out...
Binotto did seem a little rigid in approach. To many things, not just strategy. A quiet dictator perhaps, easily likeable and perhaps that is why he stayed on a little longer than he should have.

Car has improved, on face value, but it's Monza so that may be for other reasons. Baku up next and this will be a good race for Ferrari possibly. But I think we'll need to see a few more races than that to see what the land really looks like.

Well, as long as you don't make a habit of finishing ahead of Mclaren I'll begrudge this win! :lol:
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Vanja #66

On another note, Sainz deserves mega praise even if he just missed the podium. His final race in Italy and Monza for Ferrari, on his birthday, fought a good fight against drivers on fresh tyres and definitely saved Leclerc from any kind of attack from Piastri. He was invaluable for this win and I think it's a very nice way to return the favour for Singapore last year

Few other nice things to point out:

- at this race Ferrari outscored their 2023 points tally - with 6 races less and even stronger competition
- at this race Leclerc also outscored his 2023 tally and Sainz should achieve that at the next race as well
- first time since 1979 Ferrari won both Monaco and Monza, it was Scheckter who won both races then and later the title too

mwillems wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 20:36
Well, as long as you don't make a habit of finishing ahead of Mclaren I'll begrudge this win! :lol:
I'm gonna keep my trap shut here :mrgreen:

#BlessYouLaddie

yooogurt

Vanja #66 wrote:
01 Sep 2024, 20:07
They started P4/P5 and had P3/P4 right away
When i look Charles laptimes, i think we will have p1 for sure no matter what, the new SF24 tires management its something special.
FORZA FERRARI!