2014/15 Silly Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
MOWOG

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season (yes this includes ALO and VET too!

No one at McLaren, Ferrari or Mercedes is saying a thing. I hope the drivers have time left over to drive the cars this weekend, considering all the frantic negotiations going on in the background. :roll:
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

SectorOne

The question is if Alonso and Vettel goes to Mclaren, who the hell is going to Ferrari?
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Thunder

I guess we will know more come Monday, when Marchione will be President at Ferrari.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

RZS10

Marc Gene in RTL interview (being held in german) being asked if he'll be able to use his german skills more frequently next season ... (big grin) "maybe i will be able to hone my german skills.....yes"

Mesteño

According to twitter, here it says that Ferrari asked Autobild to write bad news about Alonso, after Singapur.

Is there any german in here who confirms?

iotar__

I wouldn't be surprised, instead of civil farewell for a great Ferrari driver it's corporate cover you bottom, pass the buck and short-lived alternative media/net reality of leaks.

Mateschitz: "Given Red Bull's handicap with the current (Renault) power unit and Mercedes' dominance," he said, "you don't need a four-time world champion who at best can be 'best of the rest'." http://www.f1zone.net/news/mateschitz-s ... tel/44038/ Unless you lose second place to someone else, 2015 = copy of this season? They can afford Kvyat if they finish behind Merc anyway and no one challenges them for second. Ferrari doesn't need Alonso if they are to finish third or fourth. McLaren didn't need faster drivers since they were going to get more money anyway (30 millions more than Lotus in 2013), Force India doesn't need Hulkenberg etc. etc.

That's what I meant when I said about drivers choices mentality in F1. It's a bit weird because even if Merc is dominating in 2015 fight between RB and Ferrari might be interesting. Not with current line-ups.

CBeck113
CBeck113

Mesteño wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzqJFhECEAAuH_m.jpg

According to twitter, here it says that Ferrari asked Autobild to write bad news about Alonso, after Singapur.

Yes, that is what the article states, but I haven't heard anything like this before...I'll check the last two copies of Autobild, but I can't imagine Ferrari being so stupid.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

PlatinumZealot

Jenson Button; going.... going.... going..... going...... gone?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

aterren
aterren

PlatinumZealot wrote:Jenson Button; going.... going.... going..... going...... gone?
Why, because he is so much slower than his teammate?

Blanchimont
Blanchimont

Mesteño wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BzqJFhECEAAuH_m.jpg

The text says:

"At the Singapore GP, Ferrari made a mistake. We[Autobild] were asked [by Ferrari] to write negative stories about Alonso. But we[Autobild] refuse [to do so], but know the true reason behind."

So, you'll not find any negative stories by Autobild!
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

turbof1

I think it's far fetched, if outright a lie. If Ferrari would want to pull something like that off, they'd need to contact more f1 news media then just autobild.
#AeroFrodo

notsofast
notsofast

SectorOne wrote:The question is if Alonso and Vettel goes to Mclaren, who the hell is going to Ferrari?
PlatinumZealot wrote:Jenson Button; going.... going.... going..... going......
to Ferrari

basti313
basti313

turbof1 wrote:I think it's far fetched, if outright a lie. If Ferrari would want to pull something like that off, they'd need to contact more f1 news media then just autobild.
+1
Who is Autobild? Autobild is a spin-off from "Bild" that is somathing like "The Sun" in GB. Pure boulevard journalism of guys who take themselves too serious with a very small part about F1. You can not believe them a word and the story is more than far fetched.
Don`t russel the hamster!

zeph
zeph

OTOH, Alonso did publicly wonder where the negative stories in the Italian press came from, so not that far-fetched, methinks.

Raleigh
Raleigh

Moose wrote:
SectorOne wrote:Vettel and Alonso to Mclaren is such a batsh1t crazy idea it might just be exactly what will happen.
Certainly honda strongly hinted at it with their 5 and 14 numbered marketing cars.
Those interviews with Jenson and Kevin after Quali, I might be reading a bit much into this, but their faces...

Eddie Jordan said something about they might just have been told today both are being dropped for next year, almost think he is right.