2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CjC
CjC

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

Correction, you are right 1998
Just a fan's point of view

Kaluh McLaren
Kaluh McLaren

Once emotions are settled Lando is a good man and a gentleman. I’ll always support any driver who thinks this way! I hope karma comes and lifts him even higher from now on.

I also hope McLaren back him up for a championship contention from here on.

Oscar drove amazing today. It’s hard when both your drivers deserve a win, but only one can step on the top step.

https://x.com/mclarenf1_news/status/181 ... Esuri6zmGg

billamend
billamend

Kaluh McLaren wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 22:50
Only now? What more does he have to do to have the team fully behind him?

Kaluh McLaren
Kaluh McLaren

billamend wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 23:01
Kaluh McLaren wrote:

The team obviously needs to build Oscar’s confidence. But they need to start racing more like Ferrari or Red Bull or Mercedes of the past focusing on the driver with the better chances!

But Lando also needs to do his part and stop messing up his starts!! That’s what he needs to do mate.

So yes from here on McLaren needs to back Lando for a chance of a championship.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

propercare wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 21:22
Anyway, I believe I heard on Post Race show that the car will have a new FW for Spa. Anyone knows more about it?
tldr miscommunication.

Stella was talking about Spa last year that they had the wrong wing for it and thus it was painful as they had no top speed (obviously rear wing). He was saying that they are looking forward to Spa as they feel they will be in the mix.

When he went off air, Ruth immediately said that Stella.gave them info that McLaren has a new wing for Spa (I think it may be a wing that was already used this year).

Then Laura Winter was signing off and said next week in Spa you will be able to see the new McLaren front wing. No one said front wing before that.

billamend
billamend

Kaluh McLaren wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 23:03
billamend wrote:
Kaluh McLaren wrote:

The team obviously needs to build Oscar’s confidence. But they need to start racing more like Ferrari or Red Bull or Mercedes of the past focusing on the driver with the better chances!

But Lando also needs to do his part and stop messing up his starts!! That’s what he needs to do mate.

Agreed on everything 👍

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Super super happy with the result.

Also happy that Lando honored the agreements. It may end up hurting in the end but team comes first.

But the team could have managed this better.

Kaluh McLaren
Kaluh McLaren

billamend wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 23:13
Kaluh McLaren wrote:
billamend wrote:

Agreed on everything 👍
Cheers mate! 🍻🤝

willmesquita

CjC wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 21:25
propercare wrote:
Anyway, I believe I heard on Post Race show that the car will have a new FW for Spa. Anyone knows more about it?
Now we are talking. Which post race show? Skys? I’ll have a re-watch if so.

However, I’d be surprised if it was a FW, I’d have expected a low drag RW to be honest.
Now you are talking!

I am more curios about it and Spa than team orders that don't changed our amount of points gained!

Maybe the talk about a new FW is to balance with some kind of low/medium RW.
To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone. ― Bruce McLaren

papayaorange.com.br

Macklaren
Macklaren

billamend wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 21:57
taperoo2k wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 21:25
billamend wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 21:12
Norris should have put his foot down. If the team wants to win the WDC, they need to be ruthless.

Time and time again he went through thin and thick for the team, only for the team to favor the other driver…

And they put Randy on the podium to make a mockery of the situation. Shameful.
They want to win the constructors championship, which is where the prize money is. I don't think they were thinking about Lando catching Max in the drivers championship at all today. The pitwall was focused on scoring maximum points.
That’s why Toto was so happy in 2021 with Mercedes winning the WCC…
I believe one of the reasons Team LH doesn't like Toto is because he was partying on the night of AD21 because they win their 8th title, instead of commiserating with Lewis

willmesquita

FittingMechanics wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 23:12
propercare wrote:
tldr miscommunication.

Stella was talking about Spa last year that they had the wrong wing for it and thus it was painful as they had no top speed (obviously rear wing). He was saying that they are looking forward to Spa as they feel they will be in the mix.

When he went off air, Ruth immediately said that Stella.gave them info that McLaren has a new wing for Spa (I think it may be a wing that was already used this year).

Then Laura Winter was signing off and said next week in Spa you will be able to see the new McLaren front wing. No one said front wing before that.
Thankx!
To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone. ― Bruce McLaren

papayaorange.com.br

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

billamend wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 22:16
taperoo2k wrote:
21 Jul 2024, 22:01
Verstappen is many more points ahead of Lando, with a lot more races to go. 2021 is irrelevant here. McLaren are ahead of schedule in terms of challenging for titles, 2025 was the goal.
It matters because you’re telling me that WCC is the most important. And i’m saying that no one cares for the WCC, not even the teams.
I disagree… I would venture to say that Teams care more about the WCC, drivers come and go, the WCC is what remains in the history of the Team… Fans may care more about the WDC, because they usually care more for a driver than they do for a Team (it will be interesting to see how many new “Tifosi” are there once Lewis arrives in Ferrari.

But ultimately, for the Team, the WCC is probably matters most.

_DM_

Kaluh McLaren wrote:
billamend wrote:
Kaluh McLaren wrote:

This year they have a chance in the constructors' championship.
This is what they are focused on.
And Lando has too much of a gap from Max.
I'm sure if Max wasn't so ahead, they would have left P1 with Lando.

Big Tea

Kaluh McLaren wrote:
Once emotions are settled Lando is a good man and a gentleman. I’ll always support any driver who thinks this way! I hope karma comes and lifts him even higher from now on.

Oscar drove amazing today. It’s hard when both your drivers deserve a win, but only one can step on the top step.

https://x.com/mclarenf1_news/status/181 ... Esuri6zmGg
It seems it was discussed in the morning meeting (and supposedly agreed to by both) so the only sensible action was to do what he did. Aside from the teamwork aspect, where he may need the same call himself, to agree and not comply what the time comes is rather immature and short sighted.
Good for him that he did it, as I believe he would regret it if he had not. Not only for "loss of privileges" but for peace of mind. A deal is a deal. Well done Lando.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

billamend
billamend