Ferrari F10

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
segedunum
segedunum

Re: Ferrari F10

manchild wrote:Nice score for Alonso: 3 races - 2 engines, 1 gearbox, 7 points more than Kubica. :lol:
Indeed. I know Red Bull's reliability woes have rather caught the headlines, but the cracks in Ferrari's armour have started to show somewhat.

They changed both their engines in Bahrain for fuel efficiency reasons, which is pretty bizarre. That was painted over because they got a 1-2 at Bahrain, but they were obviously still worried. They were also overheating. Another engine has gone completely at Malaysia today as well as a gearbox.

We also heard Rob Smedley tell Massa over the radio that he could use full power on the engine at that point to try and get past Button. The only reason for that is that Ferrari can't actually use the full power of their engines for most of a race in order to conserve fuel. That's really put them at a disadvantage versus their immediate rivals, especially if in addition to having to conserve fuel they also have a bigger fuel tank than others and are starting the race with more fuel and weight on board. :o
Last edited by segedunum on 05 Apr 2010, 14:12, edited 2 times in total.

Sean H
Sean H

and yet there are still 1-2 in the points and obviously leading the const. points as well.... doesn't say much about the other 3 big teams.
"The car is slow in the straights and doesn't work well in the corners." JV

wrcsti
wrcsti

You can hear the engine start to go on the downshifts, then it sounds horrid on the small straight and then blows up.

FluidicSwitch
FluidicSwitch

I was at the Australian GP for all F1 sessions and had thought that during P1 they were running the gills and in P2 they were not. In the Quali & Race I saw a return of the gills.

I was on the outside of turns 8&9 during P1 and on the inside of 7 during P2, therefore seeing a different side of the car, I was back on the outside at turn 9 for Quali & Race.

I now realise that they must have been running them only on the left hand side all weekend and I from the photos on this thread they were again asymetric in Malaysia.

What would be the reason for the team running these gills on only left hand side?

raymondu999

Following McLaren's love for assymetric exhausts perhaps? :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

bar555
bar555

DIFFUSER ANALYSIS

1.Central lower section
2.Upper second deck
3.Arch shaped triple deck , expanding up the wing’s beam
4.Vertical fence
5.Smaller vertical fence
6.Horizontal section
7.Winglets
8.Low height tab
9. The V shaped element ( in yellow circle ) helps and guides the engine starter motor operator to connect it properly
Future is like walking into past......

Blog : http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com/
Twitter :http://twitter.com/bar555onF1

autogyro
autogyro

Looks a bit basic compared to the Renault one.

Blackout

Good job ;) the little winglets (7) are gone since Jerez 2 and the channel's volume (3) increased in Barcelona. :)

timbo
timbo

autogyro wrote:Looks a bit basic compared to the Renault one.
The opening seem to be bigger

earlrue
earlrue

FluidicSwitch wrote:I was at the Australian GP for all F1 sessions and had thought that during P1 they were running the gills and in P2 they were not. In the Quali & Race I saw a return of the gills.

I was on the outside of turns 8&9 during P1 and on the inside of 7 during P2, therefore seeing a different side of the car, I was back on the outside at turn 9 for Quali & Race.

I now realise that they must have been running them only on the left hand side all weekend and I from the photos on this thread they were again asymetric in Malaysia.

What would be the reason for the team running these gills on only left hand side?
I´m not an engineer, but common sense tells me that oil and water radiators, located on different sides of the car, may require different amounts of cooling/cooling air velocity/cooling air volume. All that adjustable by changing the configuration of - adding/removing - gills.

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

raceman

Yes! There is this news, but no photos anywhere..... :roll:

can anyone spot any photos before we see one in FP1 tomorrow??

raymondu999

I wonder where they put the duct through. As in the intake duct. And how they would design the piping along the sharkfin
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Blackout

Ferrari copied Renault's splitter

raymondu999

I guess Renault really has quite an aggressive development plan going on, even Ferrari's copying it!!
失败者找理由,成功者找方法