Super Aguri enter stage left!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
jezzwa

Super Aguri enter stage left!

8) finally we see real action from Aguri now we know that he is serious :roll: . Still it looks like the need to update the Aero to 2006 regs.

i really hope they get a better livery than white because frankly too many teams look the same, Toyota and Honda (red and white) now BMW is mainly white too, so aguri need a colour that is more recognisable :idea:
Vote 1 for GPs back in Adelaide

johny

a few shots of "SA05"

janus
janus

what are this gys doing in f1 the car sucks no chance for qualifying or little one´s.

why didn´t they do likey toyota on their frist year ...testing for a year organizing things........aguri is now a pace maker a ""ninardi " whid a new name ....

And they new car ?? ready in 6 races ?? please........most of the team spend a year creating a new car ..... i think they are just puclicity space ofr honda :-)

puting more two car doubling the ads space and money incmoing ..........mosley whant to start control cust ....where is a nice way to star aguri and toro roso

johny

well they've run 3 laps till the car broke down, it's fastest lap 11s over the pace

jezzwa

so much effort they are going to just for 'hero' driver Sato ](*,) ](*,)
its nice to see a double keel though :)
Vote 1 for GPs back in Adelaide

johny

a huge double keel

Scuderia_Russ

johny wrote:a huge double keel
...running into sidepods as big as my house! Sincerely hope they get up and running for Bahrain though. Problems are inevitable when undertaking this sort of complex engineering programme in such a small timeframe.

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

13 seconds off pace...LOL....but probably doesn't have a good setup and probably the laps were only system checks laps.

The car is 100% Arrows....they're even still running the 2002 aero package..

Str8up
Str8up

Would be a good engine development platform to use in Honda's main team. Not worried by 10 spot penalty as you are already at the bottom and you get race data.

Also try some aero parts (cooling etc), groom personel etc. More teams in F1 can't be bad.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Monstrobolaxa wrote:The car is 100% Arrows....they're even still running the 2002 aero package..
I agree totally. After looking at the pictures of the 202 Arrows http://www.f1technical.net/f1db/cars/852 It's more about finding what little changes they have made to it than anything else. But the large Honda logo tells the whole story.
It's just a makeshift effort to get Honda's pet project, Sato in F1.

bernard
bernard

It's nice seeing this car back. It was light years ahead of it's time back then, especially from a small team like Arrows.

Naturally the car was pretty crap even back then, but it's not surprising to see most of the designers are now name designers working for teams such as Mclaren and Ferrari. Mclaren alone have the gearbox designers (first carbon casing in f1 and from a small team such as arrows!) and the suspension designer. In a way the no-keel is the child, evolution of this twin keel.
But one can only wonder what SA is thinking, arrows was a backmarker back then, what do they think this car is capable of these days? :roll:

Tom

What are Honda doing? THey have yet to get a victory themselves in modern F1, after trying since '99 I think, and recruiting a WC.
They promised wins in their first year and didn't score a point.
Red Bull can be let off lightly for Torra, because they expected nothing in their first year and delivered loads.
Also they have had strong presence in F1 since the early 90s.

And all this for Sato. Come on guys wake up. I doubt he'll ever be WC, or even a race winner, yet he gets more support than Aguri Suzuka ever did, and he was half deacent.

Glad thats off my chest.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

vyselegend

What does the current rules says about pace? I mean, if SA laps over 9sec off the front runners pace, they'll be a danger for the field. But where exactly is the limit, between beeing considered on or off the pace?
please forgive if I make english mistakes...

wkdtk
wkdtk

Those sidepods are huge!
As advanced as that car may have been, you can be sure that it is punching an enormous hole through the air.

In the last 2 or 3 seasons F1 cars have lost so much size at the back end in the search for the ever perfect tear drop shape, that they make 'Taku's Free Ride' look like a brick with wheels.

:shock:
Honestly and obviously... and honestly.

Spencifer_Murphy

Its quite amazing how a car so relatively recent (2002) seems sooo dated now.

I wish them luck tho. I see more passion there than I do at midland.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.