New Indy Car?

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Joker84
Joker84

New Indy Car?

N12ck

Re: New Indy Car?

i hope this is the new indycar though : Image
Budding F1 Engineer

Giblet
Giblet

I thought it was a done deal and they have done with the Dallara chassis design.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Joker84
Joker84

Robin Miller said the new car a cross between the Swift #70 and Panoz DP01

Panoz dp01:
Swift #70:

Pandamasque

Giblet wrote:I thought it was a done deal and they have done with the Dallara chassis design.
I believe so. Unfortunately.

donskar
donskar

Giblet wrote:I thought it was a done deal and they have done with the Dallara chassis design.
Yes, it is a Dallara. Teams are allowed to create and re-sell "aero packages," though, so we may see some visual differences.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

cossie
cossie

donskar wrote:
Yes, it is a Dallara. Teams are allowed to create and re-sell "aero packages," though, so we may see some visual differences.
Cotman has said no areo kits until 2012, with Dallara the only vendor, the other's who may, and use that very losley, have yet to recieve any paramiters, , there are owners that are really pissd. The whole process was a sham, Lola and Swift and other's are blackballed. Honda and Dallarra were always going to get the contracts. Do not look for Lotus to make any kits, they are bleeding cash from buying of Renault f1. Lola and Swift were ready to hit the windtunnels, when they made Dallarra the chassis and they had to rush to get a very hurried CAD pic of thier proposal. So it will be spec racing again. What i would like to see if anyone can do a CDF of the cassis. It's looks to be built for ovals and will be a pig on road and street courses. No really leap in technology,

chepoi
chepoi

cossie
cossie

from Rubbing millar

Finally, the owners are bitching about buying optional bodywork kits for $75,000 so don’t be surprised if we have all Dallaras in 2012 with three different engines.

Pruett: How far along have the aero kit manufacturers been able to get while waiting for final dimensions and data points to start their designs?

Cotman: Well, I think it's fair to say that none of them have been able to move forward at all because of some of the parameters that are going to be based around the design of the vehicle and since we’re not that far along with some of the requirements, we can't give them the definitions on everything. And while they can have the basic idea or understand the basic concept of what we're trying to achieve, they need to know the nuts and bolts of it to really evaluate the expense and how they’re going to go about it.

And no there will be no 3 engine's Honda, Chevy, the Lotus would be a Cosworth, again they do not have the $$$ to make aero kits, and pay for R&d on an enfine project. it's all vapar ware like USf1 and they hired the Sham wow guy for PR

cossie
cossie

More trouble honda and GM will only commit to 10 cars each, Lotus is suppose to pick up the rest of the field , however they have been vaporware, aand will not respond to phone calls and e-mails from the teams or the series, GM and Honda have all ready cherry picked the teams they will supple so the small teams are frozen out so far, BTW the new engine sound terrible with that air box on the top of the roll hoop, and with the air bix the car doesn't fit in the transporters
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/ ... ne-supply/