2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Dunlay
Dunlay

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Luscion wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 18:43

Is this another nothing burger? :lol:

dren

Maybe he is just up and quitting.
Honda!

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Dunlay wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 18:44
Luscion wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 18:43

Note the word "official" in there. So written notice not yet served, perhaps, but enough people told in the team that he's going to leave for it to leak out.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Dunlay wrote:

organic

This part gives me some shred of cope :mrgreen:

Craig Slater
His contractual situation is that he has contracted at Red Bull Racing until the end of 2025 and as I understand it would have to serve another year of gardening leave where Red Bull to holds him to the full extent of his contract which would mean he would not be able to work work for another Formula 1 team until 2027."

"Red Bull are also unaware as I understand it of any formal approach from another Formula 1 team to Adrian Newey and the one or two individuals I've spoken to close to Newey have expressed to me that if he is seriously considering leaving, he has not made up his mind what future direction his career should take."

Luscion
Luscion

CaribouBread wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 18:54
Dunlay wrote:

f1isgood
f1isgood

organic wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 18:57

Craig Slater
His contractual situation is that he has contracted at Red Bull Racing until the end of 2025 and as I understand it would have to serve another year of gardening leave where Red Bull to holds him to the full extent of his contract which would mean he would not be able to work work for another Formula 1 team until 2027."

"Red Bull are also unaware as I understand it of any formal approach from another Formula 1 team to Adrian Newey and the one or two individuals I've spoken to close to Newey have expressed to me that if he is seriously considering leaving, he has not made up his mind what future direction his career should take."
Red Bull PR most shameless? How can they say this when even Benson is reporting?

AtlasZX

Dunlay wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 18:11

Horner said last year that Newey spent only 50 percent of the time working on the car. Sources around the top team previously stated that Newey did not actually see this season's car, the RB20, for the first time until the presentation in Milton Keynes in February.

https://t.co/kgXfIafk9r
This part is absolutly fake since Newey talked with Giorgio Piola about a "very different car that you must see" already in 2023.

Hoffman900
Hoffman900

You all realize all camps in this business use media puppets to either start favorable rumors or unfavorable rumors and let the media do their dirty work.

If enough people can confirm something, it’s likely true, but details aren’t likely to be known by anyone.
Last edited by Hoffman900 on 25 Apr 2024, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.

Dunlay
Dunlay

AtlasZX wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 19:14
Dunlay wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 18:11

Horner said last year that Newey spent only 50 percent of the time working on the car. Sources around the top team previously stated that Newey did not actually see this season's car, the RB20, for the first time until the presentation in Milton Keynes in February.

https://t.co/kgXfIafk9r
This part is absolutly fake since Newey talked with Giorgio Piola about a "very different car that you must see" already in 2023.
Was it different though? Someone in his capacity, even if he spent 50% time, would know the overall design of 2024. Isn't it?
Last edited by Dunlay on 25 Apr 2024, 19:23, edited 1 time in total.

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Luscion wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 19:12
So RBR is saying Newey hasn't handed in his 2 weeks notice yet. :mrgreen:

f1isgood
f1isgood

I mean it's all bulls**t that he didn't know about this car or that car. Once again it's Van Haren who is running the media rounds but also been fairly reliable. He does have a specific agenda to push given he's the Austrian camps' PR mouthpiece.

In the end, none of this is good. If Horner leaving would mean the rest would stay, it's a no-brainer now as far as I am concerned. I can see Max leave but technical team shouldn't become weak as that's where F1 really thrives.

AtlasZX

Dunlay wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 19:17
Was it different though? Someone in his capacity, even if he spent 50% time, would know the overall design of 2023. Isn't it?
It's fake that he didn't see the car before the presentation, he was very excited about the RB20 solutions at least since Brazil 2023.
How much the car is "his" car I don't know, but he definetly saw all the development of the RB20 from the paper to the wind tunnel.

Paa

organic wrote:

Craig Slater

This is what I was thinking about. A calibre of Newey has to have a long gardening leave. If he starts to work for an other team in 2027, he can have a meaningful effect on the 2028 car. They will be well into the new regulations by then. He could also not work on the new regulations for Red Bull in 2025. So he would miss his probably last chance to work on a car during a big regulation change (which is the most exciting part - by his words).
If he left to an other team he should have moved either earlier or later, but this would be really bad timing.
It is not impossible that if he leaves he will just retire from autosport and go designing sailing boats or something.

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

Paa wrote:
25 Apr 2024, 19:41
organic wrote:

Craig Slater

This is what I was thinking about. A calibre of Newey has to have a long gardening leave. If he starts to work for an other team in 2027, he can have a meaningful effect on the 2028 car. They will be well into the new regulations by then. He could also not work on the new regulations for Red Bull in 2025. So he would miss his probably last chance to work on a car during a big regulation change (which is the most exciting part - by his words).
If he left to an other team he should have moved either earlier or later, but this would be really bad timing.
It is not impossible that if he leaves he will just retire from autosport and go designing sailing boats or something.
It really depends on what's in Newey's contract in terms of the gardening leave. If he's out for a year? Nothing to stop him watching and observing F1 from a distance, figuring things out by himself.

If he leaves, it might be what starts a brain drain from Red Bull. But we'll see.