2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Jeddah, Dec 03 - 05

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
JordanMugen

Re: 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Jeddah, Dec 03 - 05

Hoffman900 wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 18:27
What a joke.
To the contrary, "that's motor racing", you win some, you lose some... All a bit of fun really. :)

The track is what it is (perhaps a bit dangerous but as it says on the back of the ticket or on the fineprint of the driver's FIA racing licenses, "Motor Racing is Dangerous"), just up to teams and drivers to get out there and race!
Last edited by JordanMugen on 04 Dec 2021, 18:30, edited 1 time in total.

the poster below
the poster below

I there was a suggestion that this is politics meets F1 politics? The politics annihilate and just leave F1 😁

In the scenario where they penalise / reprimand Hamilton, he is probably starting 6th or 7th. Even if overtaking is hard, the race pace advantage they seem to have means that the race should be on from around the first round of stops?

If they only give him a warning, it's the race on mentality espoused so flatteringly by Mr Wheatley? And we get to hear from Mr Horner all about it ad infinitum 🤷‍♂️

Hoffman900
Hoffman900

JordanMugen wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 18:28
Hoffman900 wrote:
What a joke.
To the contrary, "that's motor racing", you win some, you lose some... All a bit of fun really. :)
I think my bone of contention is that other series put on a much better racing product, where F1 just to pretends it does, and gaslights manufacturers and fans to spend time and money on it.

Magicsenna_41
Magicsenna_41

Why was there a double yellow at all?
I didnt watch FP3.

politburo
politburo

Alright fair enough. You can always watch it after. I understand you might get spiteful at Masi, but not all of it is his fault, remember that only the race stewards decide on these things - Masi just takes the heat cause he gets to communicate to the teams and you can hear him on the radios.
[/quote]

If you check my posts from yesterday you will see that I said they should have set minimum track speeds everywhere not just a minimum laptop.
[/quote]

That's fair as well - I'd say I agree with that, they should set a minimum time spent in each sector. But the impeding stuff is unrelated to that, Bono was late on the radio and the corner (t8) is blind, really the only way he would've known of Mazepin is if Bono told him. It happens, and I think it'd be harsh to give a penalty but as you know they like to give penalties based on consequence and given there is no consequence (like a crash) there must be no penalty imo.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

politburo
politburo

Hoffman900 wrote:
The most disappointing part of all of this is they have tons of open space and money to build whatever they wanted, and this is what they ended up with. Because of this, we are coming into the finals on a rinky dink track that will wreck cars, create situations like Lewis is in now, and racing will suck.

What a joke.
the racing at this track is actually quite good on the evidence of the F2 race earlier.

JordanMugen

Hoffman900 wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 18:29
I think my bone of contention is that other series put on a much better racing product, where F1 just to pretends it does, and gaslights manufacturers and fans to spend time and money on it.
Which ones? F1 seems like a lot of fun to me, at least it is a proper engineering competition and not a competition in the minutiae of fine-tuning spec dampers and spec parts (e.g., NASCAR) which isn't that interesting for fans! :)

sushantasapkota1
sushantasapkota1

Looks like the yellow flag was very ahead but don't know what Lewis would have done.. It was in main straight

Starkblood80
Starkblood80

So the double yellows stopped when he was still over 200 meters away!

Hoffman900
Hoffman900

JordanMugen wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 18:32
Hoffman900 wrote:
Which ones? F1 seems like a lot of fun to me, at least it is a proper engineering competition and not a competition in the minutiae of fine-tuning spec dampers and spec parts (e.g., NASCAR) which isn't that interesting for fans! :)
But it's not really though. The aero boxes are pretty defined, the engine platforms are pretty defined + rules freezes, spec tires, cost caps, etc.

Tizz

Marty_Y wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 18:01
Andrew Benson
@andrewbensonf1
Hamilton also now summoned for alleged impeding at Turn Eight (the Mazepin incident)
In that case you can expect one for impeding Gasly as well

politburo
politburo

the poster below wrote:
I there was a suggestion that this is politics meets F1 politics? The politics annihilate and just leave F1 😁

In the scenario where they penalise / reprimand Hamilton, he is probably starting 6th or 7th. Even if overtaking is hard, the race pace advantage they seem to have means that the race should be on from around the first round of stops?

If they only give him a warning, it's the race on mentality espoused so flatteringly by Mr Wheatley? And we get to hear from Mr Horner all about it ad infinitum 🤷‍♂️
Any decision they take won't please media, fans or others. If they penalise him some will say it's too consequential and there mustn't be tic tac penalties in a tight championship fight. Some will say it is good for the safety of the sport given how close a call that Mazepin scenario was. Some will say FIA is favoring RedBull again and will inevitably slander Masi as a front for the FIA.

If they don't it'll be the exact opposite, some will say FIA doesn't care about safety and only the illusion of competition. Some will FOM forced FIA to make a ruing to benefit the entertainment value. Some will say Mercedes are being favored.

atanatizante

"Footage from Hamilton’s onboard camera showed him passing yellow flags as he approached turn 13 while he was on a flying lap around 20 minutes into the session. Hamilton did not appear to significantly decelerate."

source: https://www.racefans.net/2021/12/04/ham ... ringement/
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

adrianjordan

atanatizante wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 18:38
"Footage from Hamilton’s onboard camera showed him passing yellow flags as he approached turn 13 while he was on a flying lap around 20 minutes into the session. Hamilton did not appear to significantly decelerate."

source: https://www.racefans.net/2021/12/04/ham ... ringement/
So not the footage shown on Sky F1 then?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

politburo
politburo

dans79 wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 18:26
politburo wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 18:24
dans79 wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 18:17

I haven't seen any double wave yellows yet as I'm out for lunch with my family!
Alright fair enough. You can always watch it after. I understand you might get spiteful at Masi, but not all of it is his fault, remember that only the race stewards decide on these things - Masi just takes the heat cause he gets to communicate to the teams and you can hear him on the radios.
If you check my posts from yesterday you will see that I said they should have set minimum track speeds everywhere not just a minimum laptop.
That's fair as well - I'd say I agree with that, they should set a minimum time spent in each sector. But the impeding stuff is unrelated to that, Bono was late on the radio and the corner (t8) is blind, really the only way he would've known of Mazepin is if Bono told him. It happens, and I think it'd be harsh to give a penalty but as you know they like to give penalties based on consequence, and given there is no consequence (like a crash) maybe there won't be a penalty.