2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina, Dec 10 - 12

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
djones
djones

Re: 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina, Dec 10 - 12

Wouter wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 18:13
djones wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 18:04
max_speed wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 17:29
Merc fans are fearing for something that Ham/Bottas did to verstappen
The crazy thing about this is it's not even the Merc or Lewis fans. Other than a few die-hard Max fans who are not willing to look at things objectively, pretty much the entire F1 fan community has had enough of Max and expects to see him try to cause a DNF in the last race. Just like the one a few days ago.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: #-o
Do you think other than the Max die-hards (or Lewis haters) anybody being objective and sensible didn't see something like Brazil and decide a fair penalty and consistency for all drivers was needed?

Or things like brake checking (which was proven) has no penalty of consequence need to change?

FWandE
FWandE

Wouter wrote:
djones wrote:
max_speed wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 17:29
Merc fans are fearing for something that Ham/Bottas did to verstappen
The crazy thing about this is it's not even the Merc or Lewis fans. Other than a few die-hard Max fans who are not willing to look at things objectively, pretty much the entire F1 fan community has had enough of Max and expects to see him try to cause a DNF in the last race. Just like the one a few days ago.
The trouble is that people get very tribal about this sort of thing. Max / RB fans would still support if Max did take Lewis out this weekend. They would justify it as payback for Silverstone which is of course nonsense but that is the way they would see it.

dans79

FWandE wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 18:20
Wouter wrote:
djones wrote:

The trouble is that people get very tribal about this sort of thing. Max / RB fans would still support if Max did take Lewis out this weekend. They would justify it as payback for Silverstone which is of course nonsense but that is the way they would see it.
Even thats is starting to change. Tom is a large Max fan, and even he has a dim view of what happened.
201 105 104 9 9 7

KeiKo403
KeiKo403

I’m a Hamilton fan but don’t mind who wins, so long as it’s done with integrity and respect.

If Hamilton wins, great…I’m super happy.
If Verstappen wins, nothing in my life changes. I’ll still be here, reading and posting….it’s all good.

May the best man win and hopefully the competition will be just as close next year.

Also wishing a good final race for Kimi, Antonio & Honda

Magicsenna_41
Magicsenna_41

dans79 wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 18:28
FWandE wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 18:20
Wouter wrote:

Even thats is starting to change. Tom is a large Max fan, and even he has a dim view of what happened.
Hate against Lewis is bigger than hate against Max. It was obvious with the Driver of the day leading to 'keep doing what you want Max' ticket.
Season will end with big crash or controversy.

For example Lewis is only 1 reprimand away from 10place grid drop and Max should still hope all the best for his gearbox 😁

langedweil

Incognito wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 15:42
God, the mess F1 has become. It desperately, desperately needs a clean race with some quality wheel-to-wheel racing.
That literally happened 2 days ago ...
HuggaWugga !

langedweil

dans79 wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 16:25
Wouter wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 13:21
This new race thread is only half a day old and all it is talking about is
that dirty Max is definitely going to crash Lewis out of the race!
The "2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Jeddah, Dec 03 - 05" thread is even worse!
This is really not normal anymore. You don't see that on any forum, so toxic, yuck!
Given his antics in Brazil, and in Saudi, It sure seems like he considers it a viable option!
*cherrypick*
HuggaWugga !

dans79

langedweil wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 18:49
dans79 wrote:
Wouter wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 13:21
This new race thread is only half a day old and all it is talking about is
that dirty Max is definitely going to crash Lewis out of the race!
The "2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Jeddah, Dec 03 - 05" thread is even worse!
This is really not normal anymore. You don't see that on any forum, so toxic, yuck!
Given his antics in Brazil, and in Saudi, It sure seems like he considers it a viable option!
*cherrypick*
*Factual*
201 105 104 9 9 7

Magicsenna_41
Magicsenna_41

KeiKo403 wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 18:41
I’m a Hamilton fan but don’t mind who wins, so long as it’s done with integrity and respect.

If Hamilton wins, great…I’m super happy.
If Verstappen wins, nothing in my life changes. I’ll still be here, reading and posting….it’s all good.

May the best man win and hopefully the competition will be just as close next year.

Also wishing a good final race for Kimi, Antonio & Honda
Agree but since I have a competitve nature I feel for race situations which happened in previous race. I feel angry on Max but dont hate him overall. Sometimes he also puts a smile on my face e.g. in Qatar in response to his engineer wishing a 'good evening'.

He could also lead next sunday from start to finish and win the race. All good. But man keep it together, on track and dont think you have still a free ticket to crash on Hamilton.

At least since Monza they should be totally square, probably back on Hamilton again...

langedweil

dans79 wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 18:59
langedweil wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 18:49
dans79 wrote:

*cherrypick*
*Factual*
Most likely, but because of today's rain one can state it always rains, but it's not the full picture ...
HuggaWugga !

Michelangelo
Michelangelo

Why did they remove that sequence of turns at the end of S2? It was one of the few characteristic parts of the track. Any removal of corner-like corners rather than fluid turns, favors Merc. It would be easy to guess Merc will have the upper hand in S1-2. It will also be veeery hard to hold Hamilton on that long straight, if he somehow drops behind Verstappen. With that chicane removed before the straight, it will be easier to carry speed to the straight. Softer tyres can favor Red Bull but Merc's pace says, in normal conditions, Hamilton has the upper hand. I'd like to be proven wrong.

Mchamilton
Mchamilton

Michelangelo wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 20:08
Why did they remove that sequence of turns at the end of S2? It was one of the few characteristic parts of the track. Any removal of corner-like corners rather than fluid turns, favors Merc. It would be easy to guess Merc will have the upper hand in S1-2. It will also be veeery hard to hold Hamilton on that long straight, if he somehow drops behind Verstappen. With that chicane removed before the straight, it will be easier to carry speed to the straight. Softer tyres can favor Red Bull but Merc's pace says, in normal conditions, Hamilton has the upper hand. I'd like to be proven wrong.
Because it was a sequence of tight off camber corners that did nothin but practically guarentee the cars went through in single file

PlatinumZealot

FWandE wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 12:50
What a weekend we are in for! Will Lewis beat Max and secure an 8th WDC? Will Max beat Lewis to secure his first? Will Max take Lewis out securing his first but also a reputation as a fast but ruthless and irresponsible cheat? (A reputation he will never lose no matter what else he achieves in the sport). Will Mercedes dominance of the pre 2022 hybrid era be total or will RedBull capture the constructors championship? If Max & RedBull lose will they challenge Lewis & Mercedes win by claiming flexiwings or engine irregularities? Thereby ensuring the 2021 season drags on & on & on in legal battles and securing a reputation as sore losers?
I want a good race. I want to see Max & Lewis go head to head, wheel to wheel. I want the fastest driver/car combination to win FAIR & SQUARE. I am almost certain I will be disappointed.
We would all love to see that but you are asking for the impossible. The last time these two went wheel to wheel for more than one corner was in Bahrain. After that Max just shoves people off the track. I never thought I would say this, but I want this one to be won by the pit-stops.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

aral
aral

Yet another thread has developed into all out war between a couple of posters. The Jeddah thread was locked and you feel that it is then right to continue disputes into the Abu Dhabi GP ? Please post comments about the Abu Dhabi GP on this thread, and stop these silly insults and arguments. Off topic comments can and will be removed so as to keep the thread on track. Thank you

Stu

Just_a_fan wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 22:19
taperoo2k wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 20:43
Hopefully it will be an exciting and clean race from both title contenders.
Unfortunately, only one of the contenders needs a clean race.

I can see Suzuka 1990 type move being tried, sadly.
I said much the same thing to a colleague earlier, I see a Suzuka 1989 as being more likely though; the former would be seen as a deliberate move and should then result in a Schumacher ‘97 type penalty.

However….
I would love to see the last race being won and a worthy champion crowned. Either of the two would be a worthy champion if there is no foul play. If that doesn’t happen the sport is tainted. Again.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.