2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ryar

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

ringo wrote:
07 Feb 2022, 06:38
Lewis is back on instagram.
He didnt say he was back to racing.

But i feel redbull want him to be back. They want a benchmark to race the right wY this time.
I thought the fuss was all about him missing from Instagram world, didn't know it inferred, it had something to do with leaving racing.

I agree that RB needs a good reference. Alpine should build a winner first.
Hakuna Matata!

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Does anyone else find the click bait headlines annoying.

Autosport headline from yesterday: Mercedes “absolutely desperate” to see 2022 F1 power unit run

Crickey, that sounds like they're having problems, doesn't it?

The bit in quotes is from Mercedes's Hywel Thomas and is a tiny quote from a much bigger one [my highlight]:
“We've got simulations, we've done all our calculations, and we've modified the engine and the way that the engine drives in order for us to be ready.

“And we'll be able to react to when the driver puts the power on perhaps in a slightly different way, perhaps at a slightly different time.

“Of course, we're absolutely desperate to get to the first track test so we can see if those simulations are correct. Hopefully they will be.

“If not, we'll be ready to adjust the PU as necessary to make sure that the driver gets exactly what they want when they ask for it.”
Oh, so not an issue getting the PU to work, they're just keen as mustard to get out there and run it on track for the first time.

It really is the worst of journalism. If one can call these stories journalism, of course. :evil:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Juzh

Just_a_fan wrote:
07 Feb 2022, 10:54
Does anyone else find the click bait headlines annoying.

Autosport headline from yesterday: Mercedes “absolutely desperate” to see 2022 F1 power unit run

Crickey, that sounds like they're having problems, doesn't it?

The bit in quotes is from Mercedes's Hywel Thomas and is a tiny quote from a much bigger one [my highlight]:
“We've got simulations, we've done all our calculations, and we've modified the engine and the way that the engine drives in order for us to be ready.

“And we'll be able to react to when the driver puts the power on perhaps in a slightly different way, perhaps at a slightly different time.

“Of course, we're absolutely desperate to get to the first track test so we can see if those simulations are correct. Hopefully they will be.

“If not, we'll be ready to adjust the PU as necessary to make sure that the driver gets exactly what they want when they ask for it.”
Oh, so not an issue getting the PU to work, they're just keen as mustard to get out there and run it on track for the first time.

It really is the worst of journalism. If one can call these stories journalism, of course. :evil:
He's been talking for whole 5 minutes. That must be at least 10 click bait articles, 1 for each sentence said. Minimum.

Zynerji

wogx wrote:
06 Feb 2022, 14:06
Stu wrote:
06 Feb 2022, 12:25
Anyone that can recall the effect of ‘freshness’ on Michael Schumacher’ performance when he returned after breaking his leg at Silverstone in 1998 knows what to expect from Lewis in 2022.
Schumacher was 30 years old in 1999, Hamilton is 37 now. He's a post-COVID oldie
Sadly, the true brilliance of this post will not be understood for another 10 years... 😪

AeroDynamic

Hamilton is apparently training in London with Angela Cullen. That is a stronger statement of intent

Jolle
Jolle

Zynerji wrote:
07 Feb 2022, 12:10
wogx wrote:
06 Feb 2022, 14:06
Stu wrote:
06 Feb 2022, 12:25
Anyone that can recall the effect of ‘freshness’ on Michael Schumacher’ performance when he returned after breaking his leg at Silverstone in 1998 knows what to expect from Lewis in 2022.
Schumacher was 30 years old in 1999, Hamilton is 37 now. He's a post-COVID oldie
Sadly, the true brilliance of this post will not be understood for another 10 years... 😪
Senna quit F1 after the 1989 Japanese GP after Jean Marie Balestre did a Masi times ten.
Schumacher and his leg was a very different story.. word has it that he didn’t want to return in 1999 because.. well, he couldn’t win that year. When young Mick picked up the phone when Montezemolo called “where is your dad”, Mick replied “he’s playing football in the garden”. Schumacher was an inch away of being fired and was back in the car asap.

The feeling of unfairness can really really cut deep and mess with your passion.

marvin78
marvin78

Jolle wrote:
07 Feb 2022, 15:15

Senna quit F1 after the 1989 Japanese GP after Jean Marie Balestre did a Masi times ten.
Schumacher and his leg was a very different story.. word has it that he didn’t want to return in 1999 because.. well, he couldn’t win that year. When young Mick picked up the phone when Montezemolo called “where is your dad”, Mick replied “he’s playing football in the garden”. Schumacher was an inch away of being fired and was back in the car asap.
I would really like to see a source for that.

f1jcw
f1jcw

marvin78 wrote:
07 Feb 2022, 15:27
Jolle wrote:

Which on?
The MS one I have heard before

Jolle
Jolle

marvin78 wrote:
Jolle wrote:

Quick google search gives you several hits:
(It was Gina who picked up the phone by the way)
http://www.atlasf1.com/news/1999/nov/1786.htm

and Balestre:
https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/bales ... t/1675122/

By the way, it was not only Senna had a "I have enough of this circus", Balestre demanded an apology from Senna when he accused him of his, later admitted, favorism of Prost to get his super licence back.

Ryar

:lol:

Plenty of donations to the @GrandPrixTrust already this evening, but there's a special one.

Hakuna Matata!

dans79

proteus wrote:
06 Feb 2022, 22:39
I would guess a driver cant just jump out of his contract so easily. But that is just me.
Getting out of a contract is easy, Getting out of it and going to a rival company is hard. They can't force him to drive, any more than any other employer can for an employees to work!
201 105 104 9 9 7

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Jolle wrote:
07 Feb 2022, 15:34
marvin78 wrote:
Jolle wrote:

Quick google search gives you several hits:
(It was Gina who picked up the phone by the way)
http://www.atlasf1.com/news/1999/nov/1786.htm

and Balestre:
https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/bales ... t/1675122/

By the way, it was not only Senna had a "I have enough of this circus", Balestre demanded an apology from Senna when he accused him of his, later admitted, favorism of Prost to get his super licence back.
And JV who said something along the lines of "I've had enough of this sh!t, time to get on with my life".

Oh, and Balestre was as biased and bent a head of an organisation as you could hope to find. His behaviour favouring Prost was just ridiculous.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

AeroDynamic

This suggests something official is imminent from Mercedes?

proteus

AeroDynamic wrote:
07 Feb 2022, 19:54

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FLAh4eKX0AU ... =4096x4096

A bit cringy to say the least, especially when reading those "randomly picked" posts. I must be just getting older for having a Clint Eastwoods face from Gran Torino whenever looking at the posts and news from modern celebrities.

And again - a no shocker. He is a valuable part of the field. I just hope it will be more than just a Mercedes battle for the championship.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

the EDGE
the EDGE

AeroDynamic wrote:
07 Feb 2022, 19:54

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FLAh4eKX0AU ... =4096x4096

why would there be something official? I think that was it

Lewis was always signed for this year, and he's never said he wasn't racing