2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Emag
Emag

Re: 2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

SmallSoldier wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 01:34
Emag wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 01:28
Was re-watching some of the older races for fun, and this one got me a bit nostalgic ...

https://i.imgur.com/ZbFZYrk.png

Will we experience the thrill of starting a season as title contenders again I wonder? It's been so long :cry:
Dreaming is free, right?

I really with that would be the case, but I’m keeping my expectations low… Much rather be surprised than disappointed
Not necessarily expecting this from 2022 to be honest. I am aware of the deficits and no matter how much I would love them to be at the front, objectively speaking, it's unlikely.

Still, it's nice to remember that a couple of years ago McLaren was leading the field. Would be nice to come back to that time again.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Emag wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 01:48
SmallSoldier wrote:
Emag wrote:
Was re-watching some of the older races for fun, and this one got me a bit nostalgic ...

Will we experience the thrill of starting a season as title contenders again I wonder? It's been so long :cry:
Dreaming is free, right?

I really with that would be the case, but I’m keeping my expectations low… Much rather be surprised than disappointed
Not necessarily expecting this from 2022 to be honest. I am aware of the deficits and no matter how much I would love them to be at the front, objectively speaking, it's unlikely.

Still, it's nice to remember that a couple of years ago McLaren was leading the field. Would be nice to come back to that time again.
Let’s keep the faith! They are doing all the right things to get back there… Consistency is key and the upward trend and momentum is there… If the new car shows as anything, is that they are been bold and daring to go back to the front… Who knows, they may surprise us :)

MrGapes

At first looking at the car thought it was a very vanilla concept that was reflective of the mcl35m, after having a closer I'm thinking the complete opposite, the fundamental mechanical and aero concepts are brave, let's hope it works to our favor! :D

Macklaren
Macklaren

Emag wrote:

...wasn't this the year of the catastrophic pre-season test with the "octopus" exhaust? and they emergency slapped on a normal exhaust between the final test and Aus GP and locked out the front row?

mclaren111

SmallSoldier wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 02:13
Emag wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:

Dreaming is free, right?

Let’s keep the faith! They are doing all the right things to get back there… Consistency is key and the upward trend and momentum is there… If the new car shows as anything, is that they are been bold and daring to go back to the front… Who knows, they may surprise us :)

I want McLaren Audi to rule from 2025 onwards for 10 Years in a Row.... =P~ =P~

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

mclaren111 wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 10:19
SmallSoldier wrote:
Emag wrote:

I don’t mind the ruling part… I am not a fan of a potential McLaren Audi

mclaren111

SmallSoldier wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 12:37
mclaren111 wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 10:19
SmallSoldier wrote:

I don’t mind the ruling part… I am not a fan of a potential McLaren Audi

Doesn't have to be Audi... Exclusive Engine supplier is needed... Audi just seems most likely at this stage...

PlatinumZealot

Macklaren wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 03:42
Emag wrote:

...wasn't this the year of the catastrophic pre-season test with the "octopus" exhaust? and they emergency slapped on a normal exhaust between the final test and Aus GP and locked out the front row?
Octopus exhaust was 2011. It was burning up the floor so much that had to run a 3d printed metal/ceramic floor to finish testing. They quickly replaced it with a more conventional diffuser exhaust like what the other teams were running.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

siskue2005

PlatinumZealot wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 17:42
Macklaren wrote:
13 Feb 2022, 03:42
Emag wrote:

Octopus exhaust was 2011. It was burning up the floor so much that had to run a 3d printed metal/ceramic floor to finish testing. They quickly replaced it with a more conventional diffuser exhaust like what the other teams were running.
And almost got pole position on the first race :)

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Even though not the MCL36, the orange and blue on the livery look great under the sunlight:

Emag
Emag

It was confirmed that McLaren will have a shakedown before Barcelona right? I would bet they do it like 1-2 days before testing. They are really trying to hide things for as long as possible this year aren't they.

_cerber1

Emag wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 00:00
It was confirmed that McLaren will have a shakedown before Barcelona right? I would bet they do it like 1-2 days before testing. They are really trying to hide things for as long as possible this year aren't they.
I'm not sure that they are hiding something so desperately, most likely the chassis will be completely ready by this time. Shooting day is really expected before the tests and it will take place in Barcelona.

adrianjordan

Do you know what the livery reminds me of most.... The generic team liveries you get in the F1 game.

I guess that confirms McLaren is aiming at a younger fan base, hardly surprising given Lando's presence on Twitch, or whatever it's called lol.

I'm on the fence personally until I see it on TV. My favourite recent livery remains the 2019 one and I wish teams would stop with the matte finishes - I want shiny F1 cars 😂
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

the EDGE
the EDGE

adrianjordan wrote:
15 Feb 2022, 12:25
Do you know what the livery reminds me of most.... The generic team liveries you get in the F1 game.

I guess that confirms McLaren is aiming at a younger fan base, hardly surprising given Lando's presence on Twitch, or whatever it's called lol.

I'm on the fence personally until I see it on TV. My favourite recent livery remains the 2019 one and I wish teams would stop with the matte finishes - I want shiny F1 cars 😂
It looked stunning on TV in the studio, it's worth noting that the 'black' is actually unpainted Carbon Fibre, not paint/wrap

The colours are great, I do like the new livery, but i'd prefer 2 colours not 3, and some artistic touch, not these straight lines

TBH, McLaren has the best colours, but every other team manages to do a better job putting them on the car

I still like the mcl 34, far the best recent livery for me

Still... if the 36 wins, who cares how she's painted?

_cerber1