2022 Haas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
wogx

Re: 2022 Uralkali | Haas F1 Team

Unconfirmed:
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

RZS10

AeroDynamic wrote:
03 Mar 2022, 12:56
Stu wrote:
03 Mar 2022, 08:23

Geopolitical debate will result in posts being removed.
for clarity, the topic cannot be discussed in 'off topic' forum section either?
From the rules "To maintain focus on motorsport, discussions on politics [...] are highly discouraged, and subject to removal."

PlatinumZealot

So, Fittipaldi fits the bill.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

nokivasara
nokivasara

wogx wrote:
03 Mar 2022, 14:02
Unconfirmed:
https://www.wykop.pl/cdn/c3201142/comme ... D4Bkzz.jpg
Fingers crossed.
Is Pietro racing under Brazilian or US flag? Thinking of the rumours of Andretti buying the team.

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Some more posts deleted (and some as only collateral that referred to the original)

Can we not have some sensible posting at all? Stop with the trolling and schoolground and inane language please.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

nokivasara wrote:
03 Mar 2022, 16:25
wogx wrote:
Unconfirmed:
Fingers crossed.
Is Pietro racing under Brazilian or US flag? Thinking of the rumours of Andretti buying the team.
It's good news for him, and for Brazil as it is strange they have had a lack of quality drivers on the grid since Massa.

He's not someone who would be expected to beat Mick Schumacher though - so I hope he can get on top of it and give him a challenge.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

continuum16

CMSMJ1 wrote:
03 Mar 2022, 17:00
nokivasara wrote:
wogx wrote:
Unconfirmed:
Fingers crossed.
It's good news for him, and for Brazil as it is strange they have had a lack of quality drivers on the grid since Massa.

He's not someone who would be expected to beat Mick Schumacher though - so I hope he can get on top of it and give him a challenge.
I hope he gets at least 5 or 6 races to bed himself in (assuming that he does get the nod) before people start making judgements. I mean, he was only 0.3s off K-Mag in Abu Dhabi quali in what was only his second race, and was even ahead of Latifi. I struggle to believe he wouldn't be an improvement on Mazepin, or at least an equal in performance based on last year.

Also, with a Schumacher/Fittipaldi lineup and no more Russian flag livery, I would expect the marketability of Haas to pick up notably. Even more so if the car is at least in the midfield.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

nokivasara
nokivasara

CMSMJ1 wrote:
03 Mar 2022, 17:00
nokivasara wrote:
wogx wrote:
Unconfirmed:
Fingers crossed.

If he is close or on par with Mick and behaves as well as when he replaced Magnussen I would be happy.
IMHO rookies are dismissed way too quickly in F1, but that's a separate topic.

Wouter

A sponsor just confirmed Fittipaldi!
Edit: He just said in his Story that Fittipaldi is one of the Haas F1 drivers, the reserve driver.

HOME DELUXE extends its commitment to the HAAS F1 Team with drivers Mick Schumacher and Pietro Fittipaldi
for at least another year!
Good luck for the upcoming 2022 season!

Last edited by Wouter on 03 Mar 2022, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

RZS10

Could be a confirmation, could just as well be that a sponsor did not want to mention Nikita with Fittipaldi already being the reserve driver anyways ... shouldn't take all too long until we know more with the second test starting in a week.

wogx

Mazepin threatened Haas to withdraw sponsorship after just three races

Dmitry Mazepin has become the title sponsor of the Haas team for the 2021 season through the Uralkali conglomerate he owns. In doing so, the Russian secured a place in the Formula One stakes for his son Nikita, but very quickly grew frustrated when he was beaten by Mick Schumacher.

As can be seen in the upcoming fourth season of the Drive to Survive series, Mazepin senior threatened to pull out of team sponsorship after just three races, accusing the team of preparing an inferior body for his son.

"If this doesn't change, I will send an official letter saying we are withdrawing the money and stop racing," - Mazepin told American team adviser Jesper Carlsen during the Spanish Grand Prix weekend. "Money is going to be a huge issue and then they'll decide what to do because we're not going to keep playing around with trying this and that. We have already tried for three races. If we remove Uralkali, that's the end of racing. Swap cars. Everyone knows that someone has an advantage."

Team boss Günther Steiner initially maintained that the two cars built by the team at the start of the season were identical. In the end, however, he admitted that one of the bodies was heavier, but it was regularly swapped between the drivers.

The fourth season of Drive to Survive will be available on Netflix on March 11.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
https://swiatwyscigow.pl/f1/f1-news/237 ... -wyscigach
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

WaikeCU

Schumacher-Fittipaldi lineup in a team?

Isn’t that a historic fantasy team? I like the sound of it. Believe Pietro won’t be slow. I think he could be even better than Mazepin

JPower
JPower

WaikeCU wrote:
04 Mar 2022, 02:36
Schumacher-Fittipaldi lineup in a team?

Isn’t that a historic fantasy team? I like the sound of it. Believe Pietro won’t be slow. I think he could be even better than Mazepin
Mazepin was easily better than Fittipaldi in Asian F3. Jamie Chadwick beat him that season as well.

Scorpaguy

Pietro...meh😒

...would have been a great time to do the Chadwick thing. I have always wondered how any of the drivers would react to getting beaten by a Lady (if such came to pass).

AtlasZX

I think Giovinazzi is still a possibility, he already has some experience in a backmarker team and the Formula E cars are also ground effect based.
If they manage an agreement with Renault, maybe Oscar Piastri could have the seat.