McLaren MCL36

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
_cerber1

Re: McLaren MCL36

krmx37
krmx37

mclaren111 wrote:
09 Mar 2022, 14:13
Interesting...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNZkN-MXsAA ... name=large

Interesting...
not really. you are assuming that every car was shot exact 90° angle and the same camera lens.

mclaren111

AeroDynamic

Macklaren
Macklaren

Sounds like brake issues limited running this morning? Have they changed anything?

AeroDynamic

bauc

Macklaren wrote:
10 Mar 2022, 13:02
Sounds like brake issues limited running this morning? Have they changed anything?
As per Ted on SKY they implemented a new brake ducts that caused them a issue, but the team did not seem upset in the garage, they were just easily chilling next to the car, there was no drama, I expect they will resume in the afternoon.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

bauc wrote:
10 Mar 2022, 13:04
Macklaren wrote:
As per Ted on SKY they implemented a new brake ducts that caused them a issue, but the team did not seem upset in the garage, they were just easily chilling next to the car, there was no drama, I expect they will resume in the afternoon.
To me one of the guys next to the brake duct looked worried/puzzled. But I guess we are reading too much into it. I bet they will just change the brake duct and continue with the programme.

PhillipM
PhillipM

They've got a few iterations of brake ducts to test, I guess it depends how many of the next ones have the same design issue baked in :lol: #-o

Emag
Emag

Horrible understeer around here, particularly on the last corner. Other cars are suffering there as well, but McLaren is so weirdly drifting wide there every time I have seen it onboard. It looks so stable on corner entry but then Lando finds himself outside the track. Almost like he is surprised and puts much more steering lock suddenly.

The other cars struggle more visibly there. Tough to judge whats going on there.

_cerber1

James Key is clearly not happy

adrianjordan

FittingMechanics wrote:
10 Mar 2022, 13:18
bauc wrote:
10 Mar 2022, 13:04
Macklaren wrote:
To me one of the guys next to the brake duct looked worried/puzzled. But I guess we are reading too much into it. I bet they will just change the brake duct and continue with the programme.
He just found out his mate ordered the curry for lunch and he has to spend the afternoon sat next to him.....
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

mwillems

Emag wrote:
10 Mar 2022, 14:17
Horrible understeer around here, particularly on the last corner. Other cars are suffering there as well, but McLaren is so weirdly drifting wide there every time I have seen it onboard. It looks so stable on corner entry but then Lando finds himself outside the track. Almost like he is surprised and puts much more steering lock suddenly.

The other cars struggle more visibly there. Tough to judge whats going on there.
The track is bumpy, is there more ride height on the Macca today? It doesn't look as low to the ground from what I can see.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Bahrain Day 1 recap in the video… Interesting bit regarding the MCL36, apparently Mclaren has 2 ducts in the leading edge of the floor that Collins thinks are for cooling, a very unique characteristic of the car… I will try to find some pictures

Minute 6:21 on the video

tpe
tpe

I think Merc has the same