BrawnGP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Re: BrawnGP

Oh.. that is where it is. well packaged.. some teams have it in the end plates.
Last edited by PlatinumZealot on 24 Apr 2009, 08:09, edited 1 time in total.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Racing Green in 2028

wrcsti
wrcsti

n smikle wrote:Oh.. that is where it is. well packeged.. some teams have it in the endplates.
Having it there might have been a factor on how barrichelo hit a ferrari in austrailia and broke off the endplate but kept going untill the next fuel stop to replace the wing.

ISLAMATRON

Which flap does it move? the triangle section? or 1 of those normal shaped flaps?

roost89
roost89

An interesting tidbit I heard from Free Practice today was that the Brawn GP car is usually "over-cooled" but in the Bahrain it's running hot.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

vasia
vasia

Good picture of the front splitter:

BorisTheBlade

Does any of you know if the splitter has some kind of channel inside, to get air under the body? Otherwise the shape doesn't make sense IMHO.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Looking at it, im shure there is a channel for it to out air under and get more downforce from the diffuser.

Id loke to see a head on view to be able to say for certain.

kilcoo316
kilcoo316

BorisTheBlade wrote:Does any of you know if the splitter has some kind of channel inside, to get air under the body? Otherwise the shape doesn't make sense IMHO.
Don't forget - the diffuser sucks air under the car...

That blade is merely making the sucking simpler.

PlatinumZealot

I can see that working to increase down force on the front. Looks like a high pressure area. It might not increase drag that much.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Racing Green in 2028

Conceptual
Conceptual

Does the BGP001 mirror shape create a vortex that dumps directly into the sidepods?

roost89
roost89

Another question to the list. Does Virgin have a deal with Brawn to add any Virgin brand on the car as advertising? As today I saw Virgin Galactic emblazened on the car where the normal Virgin logo goes.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

Carbon
Carbon

BorisTheBlade wrote:Does any of you know if the splitter has some kind of channel inside, to get air under the body? Otherwise the shape doesn't make sense IMHO.
If you look carefully at the splitter, you can make out a channel that feeds the floor. Rather difficult to see among all the carbon.

Scotracer
Scotracer

Conceptual wrote:Does the BGP001 mirror shape create a vortex that dumps directly into the sidepods?
It certainly directs air. However, I was under the impression that the current cars have no issues regarding cooling (even though Button did get told to get in clear air today) so it may have more to do with the rear-wing.
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

shir0

Carbon wrote:
If you look carefully at the splitter, you can make out a channel that feeds the floor. Rather difficult to see among all the carbon.

I'm not so sure there's really an "air channel" built into the snow-plough splitter...

And the "Virgin Galactic" logo is a large on on the sides.
"Fortunately I've got a bag with dry ice in [my suit], which I put next to my balls, so at least they stay nice and cool!"- Sebastian Vettel, 2009 Malaysian GP Friday Practice.

al_kar
al_kar

Maybe it is a channel to divert some air, that otherwise was going above the floor and to the two sides of the sidepods, under the floor of the sidepods so it enhance the effectiveness of the diffuser