2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ringo

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

chrisc90 wrote:
30 May 2022, 23:20
That still makes it 3-1 though given the unfortunate events or fortunate ones for George.

On paper, and head to head, George is ahead. This is the exact same way likes of Sky would show it to viewers when they do the head to head standings. They don’t say, oh in this race one driver was an average of 1/10th quicker overall do they.
I think the bigger picture is Hamilton is beyong scrapping for lower points. Small points doesnt matter to him if he is not challenging for wins. What use is 5th and 6th to a man with 103 wins? Who is 37 and will not drive for another team?
I dont even think he cares about racing George and being ahead on points. He is just waiting till the car can win a race before he exerts any extra energy.

When you have 7 world titles, what is there to prove coming home 5th?

Theyre both in different phases of their career. Lewis has passed that phase where you have to prove your stock by beating your teammate and going all out.
No team principal cares what the results are either. End of the day the man has 103 wins and 7 titles and Hamilton can basically tell a team he wants a seat and they will give it to him.

It's like asking Floyd Mayweather to fight a rookie in an exhibition match to prove how good he is. It's pointless.

I beleive if the car could win races we would actually see Hamilton regain his killer instinct.
For Sure!!

ringo

e30ernest wrote:
01 Jun 2022, 05:43
I think Leclerc is probably better than Verstappen. Russell is probably very close to Verstappen on raw pace and Norris is perhaps around there too. Lewis on raw pace is probably behind these young drivers now, but his racecraft and car management is still probably better.

I'm not talking large gaps here by the way, they are all remarkably close IMO.
I think the new cars and 18 inch wheels are warping the differences between the young guys and the older guys.
For example i dont think Riciardo is as bad as things look now. He's not slower than Perez and can be just as fast as Max. So its weird to see him struggle so mutch.
Leclerc even before this season has proven to be from anothe planet when it comes to pace.
I dont see Max as superfast. I do suspect he and russel and norris are similar. Leclerc is the alien. As for Lewis raw pace.. I dont think it is fixed. I think he can adapt his pace to be on pole if needed. He is older now but i feel he still has that ability to adapt.
For Sure!!

Stu

ringo wrote:
01 Jun 2022, 07:51
chrisc90 wrote:
That still makes it 3-1 though given the unfortunate events or fortunate ones for George.

On paper, and head to head, George is ahead. This is the exact same way likes of Sky would show it to viewers when they do the head to head standings. They don’t say, oh in this race one driver was an average of 1/10th quicker overall do they.
I think the bigger picture is Hamilton is beyong scrapping for lower points. Small points doesnt matter to him if he is not challenging for wins. What use is 5th and 6th to a man with 103 wins? Who is 37 and will not drive for another team?
I dont even think he cares about racing George and being ahead on points. He is just waiting till the car can win a race before he exerts any extra energy.

Theyre both in different phases of their career. Lewis has passed that phase where you have to prove your stock by beating your teammate and going all out.
No team principal cares what the results are either. End of the day the man has 103 wins and 7 titles and Hamilton can basically tell a team he wants a seat and they will give it to him.

It's like asking Floyd Mayweather to fight a rookie in an exhibition match to prove how good he is. It's pointless.

I beleive if the car could win races we would actually see Hamilton regain his killer instinct.
Almost sounds as though you are calling Lewis the new Kimi…..?
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

xaero
xaero

Stu wrote:
01 Jun 2022, 08:03
ringo wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

Except that with a Championship winning car at disposal Kimi won 2 races in total (one with Lotus and one with Ferrari if I remember correctly). Give Lewis a championship winning car and then it will be evident what exactly he is (considering what he was doing 6 months back :wink:)
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.

aran.vtec
aran.vtec

ringo wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

When that team is responsible for those 7 titles (car or power unit) you should be giving your all every week regardless of car performance.

*off topic* you are aware this basically happened last week? It was one of the most comical fights iv seen, Floyd chatting to the commentators mid round, giving advice to his opponents corner coach's, Taking the round number boards away from the ring girls and walking it around himself :lol:

z.topoln
z.topoln

wogx wrote:
z.topoln wrote:
31 May 2022, 21:56
Ocon could have raced fairly, it would be no problem then.
Is this an excuse for a potential dishonest revenge? I remind you that Ocon was penalised by the official stewards, we do not need additional ones on track :roll:
Did Hamilton actually do any unfair moves? If Ocon was faster he should have passed.

Sent from my Mi Note 10 using Tapatalk

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

z.topoln wrote:
01 Jun 2022, 09:59
wogx wrote:
z.topoln wrote:
Is this an excuse for a potential dishonest revenge? I remind you that Ocon was penalised by the official stewards, we do not need additional ones on track :roll:
Did Hamilton actually do any unfair moves? If Ocon was faster he should have passed.

Exactly. As long as you follow the racing rules of engagement, it’s the car behind who need to try to pass. I remember the same arguments were brought up in Abu Dhabi 2016 when Lewis tried to back up Nico into the pack. Frustrating for Nico, yes, but it’s his job as a racing driver to pass as long as Hamilton does not do anything wrong in a passing attempt (weaving, moving under braking, crowding off track). It’s a non discussion thing really. It’s Ocon’s job in this case to pass, regardless of Hamilton’s potential motives that can never be proven anyway.

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

z.topoln wrote:
wogx wrote:
z.topoln wrote:

It wouldn't've been an issue if Alonso hadn't've held up Hamilton in the way he did. Once that happened, Hamilton can go as slow as he wants, there's no point in putting unnecessary strain on the engine.

atanatizante

It was James Allison, had I`m not wrong, who said a couple of months ago that porpoising is not aero related?

"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

ringo

Stu wrote:
ringo wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

We may well be witnessing it. lol.
And he is human. And i do feel if Bottas were in this car this year, he may well be ahead.
After Abudhabi he may well be in Kimi's dont give a damn mindset.
For Sure!!

ringo

bonjon1979 wrote:
01 Jun 2022, 11:41
z.topoln wrote:
wogx wrote:

It wouldn't've been an issue if Alonso hadn't've held up Hamilton in the way he did. Once that happened, Hamilton can go as slow as he wants, there's no point in putting unnecessary strain on the engine.
Also if Ocon banged up his car so badly. Alonso would do a number on it as well if Lewis even tried to speed up and grab 7th. The best thing was to stay back and save the tyres and engine. Alonso proved that overtaking is impossible in Monaco. Gasly i believe did the best move near the swimming pool. That was it for the race.
But i feel the team will go better in Baku.
It may be bumpy but its faster than monaco. I suspect it will be similar to Miami. Only this time they have the porpoising fix.
For Sure!!

PlatinumZealot

Re: Mercedes W13

They had the best suspension until the FRIC was banned. The suspension is even more simplified this year, but the boffins at Brakley will get on top of it soon, I'm sure.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

cheeRS
cheeRS

Stu wrote:
ringo wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

Utter nonsense, Stu.

Did anyone actually watch the race in Barcelona? Did LH look like a washed up racer on his way out? Did ya'll forget his performances last year where he effectively beat the highest rated driver on the the grid over a [spectacular] season (well at least until Masi changed the result at the end ;)
Human history is the long terrible story of man trying to find something other than God which will make him happy.

Stu

cheeRS wrote:
01 Jun 2022, 19:50
Stu wrote:
ringo wrote:

Utter nonsense, Stu.

Did anyone actually watch the race in Barcelona? Did LH look like a washed up racer on his way out? Did ya'll forget his performances last year where he effectively beat the highest rated driver on the the grid over a [spectacular] season (well at least until Masi changed the result at the end ;)
I agree with you, my “Kimi” comment was a reaction to monsieur Ringo.
As he has matured, LH has come to choose his battles (last year containing a few prime examples), I’m certain that he will this year too. Mercedes will sort the car out (now that the floppy floor is fixed, the suspension will be adjusted to suit - Monaco is a poor example for other tracks - he used fight for every point, which occasionally cost him points (2007?); maturity, while maintaining raw speed is unusual in a driver. Lewis IS an unusual talent.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

PlatinumZealot

Kimi literally came out and said he's just racing for fun. Lewis publicly said he is aiming for the 8th world championship. It won't happen in this car in it's current state that's for sure., but he is the one taking the extra weight of testing equipment to get the car fixed. Totally different motivations than Kimi of recent years.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028