2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Drift4794
Drift4794

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

JPower wrote:
30 Aug 2022, 22:37
RS200E wrote:
30 Aug 2022, 20:25

That's must be a sickening statistic to all Ferrari fans. Just shows what a terrible team it is.
Inconsistent yes, terrible, no.
An inconsistent team that throws away the championship not even halfway through the season while having arguably the best car on the grid is, by definition, terrible.

Drift4794
Drift4794

About the track outlier discussion, Binotto is skeptical about it. Ominous, if true
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/no-h ... /10359989/

gandharva

I think that Ferrari maybe the only top team that got really hurt by TD039. Binotto was the only one that mentioned needed changes, while Horner insisted they do not have to change the car.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Drift4794 wrote:
31 Aug 2022, 07:39
JPower wrote:
RS200E wrote:

That's must be a sickening statistic to all Ferrari fans. Just shows what a terrible team it is.
An inconsistent team that throws away the championship not even halfway through the season while having arguably the best car on the grid is, by definition, terrible.
Best car, i don't know. For sure, it was a car capable of competing in pretty much every track even though, on average, the performance between RB and Ferrari was very close (outside some outliers like Imola, Austria, Melbourne and SPA).

That doesn't change the fact that this team is indeed terrible and this season has been a complete disaster.

Drift4794
Drift4794

Despite the rough season, great to see the dynamic hasn't changed between these two guys :lol: :lol:. Happy Birthday Carlos!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

gandharva wrote:
31 Aug 2022, 09:59
I think that Ferrari maybe the only top team that got really hurt by TD039. Binotto was the only one that mentioned needed changes, while Horner insisted they do not have to change the car.
I really don't think what we saw is anything to do with TD039. Ferrari still had their gap to the midfield. Performance ebbs and flows and Ferrari performed on the low end of this ebb and flow while RB aced it.

Zandvoort will be illuminating in this regard as it's expected to be a Ferrari circuit much to the disappointment of the Dutch crowd.
A lion must kill its prey.

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
01 Sep 2022, 22:03
gandharva wrote:
I really don't think what we saw is anything to do with TD039. Ferrari still had their gap to the midfield. Performance ebbs and flows and Ferrari performed on the low end of this ebb and flow while RB aced it.

Zandvoort will be illuminating in this regard as it's expected to be a Ferrari circuit much to the disappointment of the Dutch crowd.
If they run high and crucially stiff again this weekend then one can begin to doubt binotto's denials that td 039 has affected their performance

mzso
mzso

Andi76 wrote:
30 Aug 2022, 19:53
Most engineers say the bouncing restrictions have almost no effect on the performance of the cars. And as Spa requires high ride heights anyway, because of the compression in Eau Rouge, the kerbs in 14 and the bumps in 15, i do not think the bouncing restrictions were the reason for RBs domination. I honestly think its like Max said - Spa is the perfect track for the RB18. What also suggests that is that RB was exceptionally fast. Its not like the others were exceptionally slow. And its also highly unlikely that the bouncing restrictions hurt every other team the same, what it would have had, as the pecking order was basically the same behind the Red Bulls. So - the only explaination that makes sense, in my opinion, is indeed that Spa just was the perfect track for Red Bull. But the next race in Zandvort will tell.
I wouldn't bet my life on it. Since much of the talk was also about RB working better with an increased ride height.
However even if the RB is only little better, it looks bleak for the other teams. With it's very little propensity to bounce it's likely the others have to raise more then them for the long straights and will be even slower.

mzso
mzso

JPower wrote:
RS200E wrote:

So inconsistent to be extremely horrible. I was modest with my criticism towards them but after this first half of the year, they deserve all the ridicule they got, and then some. At this point I would sooner expect their brake thought to suck in tear-offs and other trash far more easily than the rest (because of stupid design) than just mere bad luck for Leclerc. It seems like there's nothing they can't do stupidly.

Andi76
Andi76

gandharva wrote:
Spa had nothing to do with TD039 for two reasons and because of that its highly unlikely that Ferrari gets hurt by TD039

Spa demands a special set-up because of the high compression at Eau Rouge. Because of that Teams use very high ride heights anyway. And as the gap to the other teams was still the same - it either hurts every team except of Red Bull, or none of the teams and Red Bull was just exceptionally fast.

In terms of Topteams - Mercedes is the teams thats most dependant on low ride heights. So if TD039 hurts the Topteams, i think its highly likely it will hurt Mercedes more than Ferrari. No Floor-Flexing(if Ferrari even had this)will surely have a less negative effect on laptimes than a floor not working properly at higher ride heights as its the case with Mercedes floor.

But at the end of the day its all theories and guessing - Zandvort will show the reality, i think.

But anyway - i think the introduction of this TD is a shame! It does not matter what team gets hurt - but it should not be possible that a TD can be introduced that may torpedos the philosophy of a team and favors the philosophy of another team.
Last edited by Andi76 on 02 Sep 2022, 09:47, edited 2 times in total.

Andres125sx

Andi76 wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 01:40
But anyway - i think the introduction of this TD is a shame! It does not matter what team gets hurt
Agree with this, it doesn´t matter what team gets hurt, if drivers safety is compromised FIA must prevent extreme porposing. Wich team is affected or wich team isn´t is irrelevant, safety first

Vanja #66

It's up to teams and drivers to decide what level of performance they want to sacrifice for more comfortable ride for the driver, it's a racing series - not a beauty competition. Things got better even without TD for all teams save Mercedes (because the car concept is so bad). TD was unnecessary, as are the floor rule changes for next year.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Andi76
Andi76

Andres125sx wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 08:06
Andi76 wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 01:40
But anyway - i think the introduction of this TD is a shame! It does not matter what team gets hurt
Agree with this, it doesn´t matter what team gets hurt, if drivers safety is compromised FIA must prevent extreme porposing. Wich team is affected or wich team isn´t is irrelevant, safety first
When did we have extreme porpoising for the last time? I did not hear any driver (not even Mercedes) complain since Barcelona. Teams were able to sort it out by themselves. So this TD was unnecessary and exaggerated. Anyway - its a shame that teams who were able to design a car working properly now could get punished because there was/were team(s)not able to design a car working properly. Thats a very bad precedent and a bad evolution. If you got your design wrong and cannot be competitive and do not want to sacrifice even more performance - complain about safety instead of making your homework and get your car working properly.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Next 8 races are going to be really depressing from a performance perspective

Andi76
Andi76

Xyz22 wrote:
02 Sep 2022, 13:26
Next 8 races are going to be really depressing from a performance perspective
Where do you know that from?