2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

organic wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 21:01
mzso wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 20:59
Xyz22 wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 13:49
Fixing the PU reliability to get all the power available will be key in order to compete next year. Let's hope they will be able to produce a car competitive for the win, praying for no clown like in season regulation changes.
Even then they didn't do anything with the strategy department as far as we know. So clowning is bound to be the case, with less technical DNFs.

Also their race engineers are useless. It's always "checking", "we'll get back to you", "What do you think? Question?"
They never seem to know anything to give an immediate response; ask the drivers for ideas; often they seem outright out of touch with what's happening on the track. All of this with very poor communication skills.

I can't seem Ferrari winning unless they'll have a car with a hefty performance advantage... Which doesn't seem likely.

Having listened in to a lot of Max's/Checo's race audio, Ferrari are not very different to RB in this regard to be honest. They get a disproportionate amount of hate for their engineers saying "checking", and asking the drivers questions.
I agree that to be fair RB and Ferrari both have a habit of telling their driver that there is nothing wrong with the car when clearly there is a technical issue....The two are similar on that front. They always insist that nothing is wrong or that they don't see it.

But in terms of pit strategy, Ferrari are much messier. The catastrophe of Monaco '22 is unrivaled. Driver takes pole by a mile. Driver leads first stint by a mile. No technical issues. He finishes 4th :wtf: . Ferrari deserve the heat they get for this.
A lion must kill its prey.

hollus

Cut the personal snides. Thank you.

The whole post will be (and has often been) deleted if it contains one, so please edit them out before posting.
Rivals, not enemies.

Andres125sx

Vanja #66 wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 11:47

As for my comments and Sainz having a poor start in Texas, if you look at the replay you'll see all 5 guys behind him had a better start
You should definitely look at the replays with more attention, Sainz-Russell gap keep almost constant from the grid to first corner, reached the braking point exactly the same, and hit the brakes exactly the same, only that Russell released them too early trying to pass Lewis with a higher corner speed going from the apex to the outer kerb

But it was first corner of first lap, none can do that ideal line on first corner except the first car (sometimes not even the first one) so he crashed with Sainz despite it was pretty obvious what line Carlos was going to take.

Russell recon himself he was too focused on Lewis and didn't realized, what's the reason to continue blaming Sainz even after Russell admit it was his fault?

Please check it again, with more attention to the gaps, it's easy to see on Russell's onboard, problem was NOT the start, but Russell entering way too fast on first corner while fighting Lewis

Vanja #66

Andres125sx wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 12:29
Russell recon himself he was too focused on Lewis and didn't realized, what's the reason to continue blaming Sainz even after Russell admit it was his fault?
What's the reason you keep putting words "in my mouth"?
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Andres125sx

Vanja #66 wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 13:03
Andres125sx wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 12:29
What's the reason you keep putting words "in my mouth"?
Sorry I didn't word it properly. Reading it now looks different to my intention, I was trying to say you keep blaming Sainz for a poor start, which is what you keep repeating again and again...

(This post from you have been edited, so I have to quote my own post quoting yours to show the original sentence which started this discussion)
Andres125sx wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 08:20
Vanja #66 wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 22:48
Sainz is such a noob choker...

There are some more tough
Vanja #66 wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 09:05
Russell didn't make him choke the start, that's all on him

So bad under pressure, very disappointing

You keep blaming Sainz for a poor start, on a race he did nothing wrong and was deprived from the fight for victory on first corner. That is extremely harsh for Sainz, he was the victim, the driver who lost more in this GP with the extra pain it was because of others mistake.

Both he and his fans are very frustrated and upset. Do you think this is the right moment to blame Sainz? For something which is not even accurate?

I'm sure you can do much better Vanja, I know you're a valuable member

mendis
mendis

:D

organic

Not a good start tbf. happens sometimes when you go straight onto track

johnny comelately
johnny comelately

Is there any telemetry of the Leclerc FP2 crash?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Another crinkled Ferrari, another chink in the budget.

Did the puncture cause the crash?
A lion must kill its prey.

Vanja #66

organic wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 20:10

Not a good start tbf. happens sometimes when you go straight onto track
From FP2 or?

#BlessYouLaddie

search

no, happened right at the start of FP1

Vanja #66

search wrote:
29 Oct 2022, 09:14
no, happened right at the start of FP1
Thanks!

#BlessYouLaddie

JordanMugen

AR3-GP wrote:
27 Oct 2022, 02:28
But in terms of pit strategy, Ferrari are much messier. The catastrophe of Monaco '22 is unrivaled. Driver takes pole by a mile. Driver leads first stint by a mile. No technical issues. He finishes 4th :wtf: . Ferrari deserve the heat they get for this.
IIRC, Perez pitted one or two laps earlier, while Sainz managed to avoid that pitstop (possibly overruling the instruction to pit IIRC). Leclerc just had a slightly unfortunate strategy and could certainly consider to also overrule the pit wall in future when disagreeing with the strategy plan. :)

Xyz22
Xyz22

Absolutely embarrassing performance in FP3. Leclerc complaining about massive understeer and already said that the changes made in FP2 didn't work.

Unreal how they have made this car an absolute dog to drive. 0.7s slower than Mercedes which was 1s behind at the start of the year. Never seen something similar in my life.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Repeat after Binotto: td39 didn’t affect us….