2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

JPower wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 22:15
Good race.

Leclerc looked good at the end of his stint so he'll be able to fight tomorrow.

Sainz seems to have finally figured out how to keep his tires alive on higher fuel. Will help him significantly going into 2023.
On higher fuel? It was 1/3rd of a tank. The tires died and Hamilton caught him up quickly.
A lion must kill its prey.

Xyz22
Xyz22

AR3-GP wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 22:54
JPower wrote:
Good race.

Sainz seems to have finally figured out how to keep his tires alive on higher fuel. Will help him significantly going into 2023.
On higher fuel? It was 1/3rd of a tank. The tires died and Hamilton caught him up quickly.
Ferrari will be demolished tomorrow unless the pace with full tank is better for some reasons. Lewis in the last 2 laps did a 15.1
:lol: :lol:

JPower
JPower

Xyz22 wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 23:01
AR3-GP wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 22:54
JPower wrote:
Good race.

Ferrari will be demolished tomorrow unless the pace with full tank is better for some reasons. Lewis in the last 2 laps did a 15.1
:lol: :lol:
Didn't say anything about them winning the race. Don't think they can compete with Merc just given tire deg alone.

However, the drivers' pace was better than both RB's.

Drift4794
Drift4794

GREAT race from Sainz. Some beautiful moves. The Mercedes' pace tho...sheesh!

CRazyLemon
CRazyLemon

Drift4794 wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 07:18
GREAT race from Sainz. Some beautiful moves. The Mercedes' pace tho...sheesh!
Leclerc at the end was quite pacey, odd race from him, fast, slow, fast, slow, fast at the end. End of races Mercs have been quite strong, I think 1/3rd fuel suites them but let's see full tanks when the engine needs to grunt a bit more.

tpe
tpe

Big Tea wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 22:53
I don't see it as fault of the principal. There should be someone below him who's job is ensuring systems work as planned (or should be planned). I posted this earlier this year and was told the job fell to Mekies?
They need a 6'4 drill Sargent with an attitude
Yeap. My thoughts exactly. No need to fire technicians, just the guy on top of the things.

mendis wrote:
12 Nov 2022, 20:00
No offence, but those Italian race engineers really suck in communication to their driver. Their tone, choice of words, sloppy attitude doesn't inspire any confidence. They are meme material. The less we talk about their strategy clowns, the better it is for our own health.
They are not Italians BTW.

aleks_ader

I think problem is intrateam communication and chain of commands. I know not really breakthrough discovery. I would poach Wheatly from RB soon as possible. And demand on track team communicatation only in English or at least in common Latino language of choice. That means trough whole team stack via driver <->engineering <-> strategy <-> pit garage.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Big Tea

aleks_ader wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 16:51
I think problem is intrateam communication and chain of commands. I know not really breakthrough discovery. I would poach Wheatly from RB soon as possible. And demand on track team communicatation only in English or at least in common Latino language of choice. That means trough whole team stack via driver <->engineering <-> strategy <-> pit garage.
Surely things like tyre choice and fitting would be 'dry run' so often that no communication would be needed other than the instruction which set and which car, both of which would probably be numbers?

Once an Engineer/manager points to a stack, from there on out until the old wheels are returned should be like dance steps, practiced over and over. The crew do not care which car it is, its the one arriving in the pit box, and don't care which wheel they are using as its the one that is on the trolley.

They looked so disorganised and not even caring it was a screw up, which suppressed me and makes me wonder if it was the first time something had been tried, which surely would not have been so as it was on a 'live' session?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

tpe
tpe

I will repeat my thought/prediction from earlier this year.
Leclerc will not stay at the team after 2024.

Just my gut feeling...

Vanja #66

Not swapping these two was such an idiotic move for the team, Leclerc needs every point to try and salvage their season with P2 in the standings. Unbelievable
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

tpe
tpe

I start having second thoughts about the relationship between Leclerc and Ferrari.
I mean, are we sure that Ferrari wants Leclerc?

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Vanja #66 wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 21:53
Not swapping these two was such an idiotic move for the team, Leclerc needs every point to try and salvage their season with P2 in the standings. Unbelievable
But stealing a podium finish for it? I’m not sure. I can see why the call wasn’t made. Also ALO was loitering just under a second behind.

Vanja #66

tpe wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 21:56
I start having second thoughts about the relationship between Leclerc and Ferrari.
I mean, are we sure that Ferrari wants Leclerc?
I have absolutely no explanation for what they are doing to him... Stunning.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

hape
hape

Again a Ferrari torpedoed on the first lap and the offender keeps his position. 5s punishment seems so cheap.
And the other car a tear off in the brake duct when it had good pace on medium. In the end no position swap for Leclerc to help him with a P2 in the WDC.
This season is so much more frustrating to watch then last two seasons when they had no pace.

tpe
tpe

They just destroy his confidence to the team.
Either this, or they are completely incompetent.
The one does not preclude the other of course.

And this comes from a Sainz friend (until the UK)