2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Claims that Vasseur just bought a house in Maranello.

Xwang
Xwang

Considering how often Ferrari's TPs change, he should have just rent it

Soalar
Soalar

Xwang wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 20:07
Yea but probably he can make a quick profit in about 2 years time when he sells it to his replacement 🤣

Bill
Bill

NL_Fer wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 23:22
Peter Ian Staker wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 14:32
Can anybody come up with a good reason for Vasseur to be given the job beyond Leclerc’s camp want him and nobody better actually wants it?
Sauber was a pile of ---, after Peter Sauber chose his lawyer to succeed him as CEO. Vasseur turned it around and made a economically healthy team of it. Then he convinced John Elkann to invest his money as Alfa Romeo and built a good relation with him. I think Elkann has very much trust in Vasseur.
the lawyer produced four podiums for team in 2012 ,how many did vasseur produce with all the money.dont come here and write nonsense

tpe
tpe

Soalar wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 20:18
Xwang wrote:
Yea but probably he can make a quick profit in about 2 years time when he sells it to his replacement 🤣
This is a very good business plan actually :lol:

aleks_ader

tpe wrote:
10 Dec 2022, 00:23
Soalar wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 20:18
Xwang wrote:
This is a very good business plan actually :lol:
Sounds like person Ferrari needs. Hmm :-k
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

Bill wrote:
09 Dec 2022, 21:04
NL_Fer wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 23:22
Peter Ian Staker wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 14:32
Can anybody come up with a good reason for Vasseur to be given the job beyond Leclerc’s camp want him and nobody better actually wants it?
Sauber was a pile of ---, after Peter Sauber chose his lawyer to succeed him as CEO. Vasseur turned it around and made a economically healthy team of it. Then he convinced John Elkann to invest his money as Alfa Romeo and built a good relation with him. I think Elkann has very much trust in Vasseur.
the lawyer produced four podiums for team in 2012 ,how many did vasseur produce with all the money.dont come here and write nonsense
Come on in 2012 Sauber was still coming down from being the BMW factory team. Peter Sauber was still in daily management, James Key as a designer and Sergio Perez as a driver.

It was only later that year, Sauber stepped back to let Monisha run it by herself. James Key and Perez left and the team went down after that. Vasseur stepped in when the team was bankrupt and rebuilt it from the ashes and made it healthy.

aleks_ader

And arguably set the foundation for FCA involvement and Audi in the future.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

tpe
tpe

BTW, Vasseur reminds me a fatter Ron Dennis.
And I never liked Ron Dennis :D

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Ive been thinking about the strategy team. AF Corse (Ferrari's GT partner) has been putting on clinics in the last few years....

The WEC team will do quite well but i wonder if we see some of those guys get head hunted.

f1316
f1316

Confidence about next year’s car: https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-fe ... /10410196/

I do think Ferrari’s competitiveness will be entirely unchanged by TP changes - whether or not they’ll be competitive remains to be seen but it won’t meaningfully change because Binotto left.

Vanja #66

f1316 wrote:
12 Dec 2022, 01:01
Confidence about next year’s car: https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-fe ... /10410196/

I do think Ferrari’s competitiveness will be entirely unchanged by TP changes - whether or not they’ll be competitive remains to be seen but it won’t meaningfully change because Binotto left.
Reasonable to expect Ferrari to be up there again. Who will be at the top right now depends mostly on Red Bull, it's their race to lose.

Regarding the 675, development pazh seems logical, keep the overall concept and refine it. We will wait quite some time to see how the floor has changed, but it's not unreasonable to expect it to be the only big change.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

jordanb
jordanb

Vanja #66 wrote:
12 Dec 2022, 11:10
f1316 wrote:
12 Dec 2022, 01:01

Reasonable to expect Ferrari to be up there again. Who will be at the top right now depends mostly on Red Bull, it's their race to lose.

Regarding the 675, development pazh seems logical, keep the overall concept and refine it. We will wait quite some time to see how the floor has changed, but it's not unreasonable to expect it to be the only big change.
Also includes diffuser throat, reportedly costing half a second as per Dan Fallows.

continuum16

I feel like it will be Vasseur, for better or for worse.

I've been watching F1 for over a decade, but still I have no clue what Vasseur's management style is like. The last year or two he's sort of developed into this kind of weird uncle-type figure, he seems a bit chaotic, at least how he presents himself in interviews. Complete opposite to Binotto, who always presents himself as fairly robotic. Again, no idea if this is how he is inside the team or not.

As far as his successes in F1 specifically; I don't know if I'm convinced he's ready to go head to head with Wolff and Horner. Maybe he'll play the true wild card act. More seriously, though, I think this is a huge pendulum swing in favor of Leclerc. Binotto was always hesitant to have a driver hierarchy. Elkann spoke more openly in favor of Leclerc. Charles and Mattia did not seem to be on the best terms by the end of the season. Perhaps, whether directly said or merely implied, it was a "him or me" situation. I do think Binotto was an effective technical leader, though; a quality which I don't see Vasseur being able to replicate.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

F1NAC

continuum16 wrote:
12 Dec 2022, 23:44
I feel like it will be Vasseur, for better or for worse.

I've been watching F1 for over a decade, but still I have no clue what Vasseur's management style is like. The last year or two he's sort of developed into this kind of weird uncle-type figure, he seems a bit chaotic, at least how he presents himself in interviews. Complete opposite to Binotto, who always presents himself as fairly robotic. Again, no idea if this is how he is inside the team or not.

As far as his successes in F1 specifically; I don't know if I'm convinced he's ready to go head to head with Wolff and Horner. Maybe he'll play the true wild card act. More seriously, though, I think this is a huge pendulum swing in favor of Leclerc. Binotto was always hesitant to have a driver hierarchy. Elkann spoke more openly in favor of Leclerc. Charles and Mattia did not seem to be on the best terms by the end of the season. Perhaps, whether directly said or merely implied, it was a "him or me" situation. I do think Binotto was an effective technical leader, though; a quality which I don't see Vasseur being able to replicate.
Vasseur is definitely not going to be anything technical related. Altough I think he has an aeronautical degree. If he comes, then also someone will come to get a TD role.