2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
NAPI10
NAPI10

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

the EDGE wrote:
25 Feb 2023, 22:48
NAPI10 wrote:
25 Feb 2023, 22:46
Lance missed all test runs & not able to provide any feedback.
Will that translate to Alonso pushing the team to develop the car as per his preference?
You think he wouldn’t anyway?
True :lol: :lol: :lol:

Henk_v
Henk_v

Alltogether, daddy spent around a billion dollars to get his son here. Even compensating any lack in talent with a new factory, paying people to call him talented and now getting in the legend Alonso as a teacher. Maybe, just maybe Alonso is allowed a year of dominance, but the reason he was purchased is his closeing expiration date as to not pose an enduring threat to Lance. I bet the mechanisms are in place to not typeform the team around Alonsos preferences permanently.

But who knows. Maybe Daddy was in a spending loop as Lance did not overwhelmingly dissapoint and needed to double down. Just maybe the broken wrists provide the gracious exit...

VJ45
VJ45

Henk_v wrote:
25 Feb 2023, 23:09
Alltogether, daddy spent around a billion dollars to get his son here. Even compensating any lack in talent with a new factory, paying people to call him talented and now getting in the legend Alonso as a teacher. Maybe, just maybe Alonso is allowed a year of dominance, but the reason he was purchased is his closeing expiration date as to not pose an enduring threat to Lance. I bet the mechanisms are in place to not typeform the team around Alonsos preferences permanently.

But who knows. Maybe Daddy was in a spending loop as Lance did not overwhelmingly dissapoint and needed to double down. Just maybe the broken wrists provide the gracious exit...
Daddy was in a spending loop that's why this team is still standing here. Otherwise, it would have been swallowed by greedy bankers.
If Lawrence is the one responsible for the team's failure in the past then he should be credited for any success they get in the future.

yinlad

Henk_v wrote:

Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning lmao what a load of bitter vitriol
MVRC - Panthera

the EDGE
the EDGE

Henk_v wrote:

I think most would agree, there’s far less deserving drivers on the grid than Lance. He’s proved he’s good enough to be there now with his own talent now

Chuckjr

Mark my words, AMR will be ahead of Merc.
Watching F1 since 1986.

McMika98
McMika98

F1doc wrote:
25 Feb 2023, 18:43
Adam_Birem wrote:
25 Feb 2023, 18:29
Hard to compare when one sim was done during the night and the other one when the sun was at the zenith.
Noted. Haas afternoon race sim as a comparison then.

https://twitter.com/f1debrief/status/16 ... ablJ0tAAAA
Initially I thought Alonso's stint was MEGA MEGA, ala RedBull' esque. But digging deeper in the timing and track condition. Alonso started his race stint with less than 2 hours remaining by then both KMag and Albon had done 50 laps on the hotter condition, the track definitely improves then and there is less deg even for both KMag and Albon. However it still is impressive that Alonso was improving his times whilst Sainz at same time was losing time.

Bisonas

JPower wrote:
25 Feb 2023, 22:00
Bisonas wrote:
25 Feb 2023, 18:17
Alonso just completed a race sim.
C3 16L (on 3 lap used tires)
C1 21L
C2 21L

It really looked very very good.
Alonso was staring the stints concretively for a few laps, then keep lowering his delta and being very very consistent.

IMO Sainz started a race sim a few laps after him, Trying C3 18L then C3orC2 8L then C1 9L and then it seemed to me like they aborted the sim. In all of Sainz stints it seemed to me that they had very very high degradation that ultimately made them abort the race sim. Their times where getting worst and worst, quite fast.

It looked to me, a very very good race sim.
I don't know how much fuel Ferrari where carrying, but it looked to me like AM (In Alonso hands) could be equal or faster than ferrari (In Sainz hands) in race pace next week.
The numbers don’t support this but OK.
Well that's the data.
I isolated the Alonso/Sainz Stints.
Same time of the day. Sainz started his C3 stint with a few lap difference from Alonso.
All pit stops from both drivers where in and out for changing tires. Fast pit stops.

JPower
JPower

Bisonas wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 00:29
JPower wrote:
Bisonas wrote:
25 Feb 2023, 18:17
Alonso just completed a race sim.
C3 16L (on 3 lap used tires)
C1 21L
C2 21L

It really looked very very good.
Alonso was staring the stints concretively for a few laps, then keep lowering his delta and being very very consistent.

IMO Sainz started a race sim a few laps after him, Trying C3 18L then C3orC2 8L then C1 9L and then it seemed to me like they aborted the sim. In all of Sainz stints it seemed to me that they had very very high degradation that ultimately made them abort the race sim. Their times where getting worst and worst, quite fast.

It looked to me, a very very good race sim.
I don't know how much fuel Ferrari where carrying, but it looked to me like AM (In Alonso hands) could be equal or faster than ferrari (In Sainz hands) in race pace next week.
Well that's the data.
Same time of the day. Sainz started his C3 stint with a few lap difference from Alonso.
All pit stops from both drivers where in and out for changing tires. Fast pit stops.

https://ibb.co/qMBDcFB
None of those stints show “very very high degradation”. The Aston is showing low deg. Sainz run plan was shortened because Ferrari fitted a new floor to the car for the last C3 stint of the day.

You’re making big assumptions of very incomplete data.

LM10
LM10

JPower wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 00:48
Bisonas wrote:
JPower wrote:

Well that's the data.

None of those stints show “very very high degradation”. The Aston is showing low deg. Sainz run plan was shortened because Ferrari fitted a new floor to the car for the last C3 stint of the day.

That’s not even a race sim from Sainz to begin with. So absolutely useless to compare those stints to actual race sim stints.

That’s obviously a whole Bahrain race sim from Alonso and next to it some random
stints from Sainz. Comparing them does not make any sense.

Sevach
Sevach

Henk_v wrote:

So far Lawrence has allowed every driver to beat Lance, Perez, Vettel...
You don't hire Alonso to give your other driver an easy life.

He does protect him, and he'll have an AMR seat "forever" but as far as being lead driver in the team, Lawrence is very "sink or swim, up to you".

JPower
JPower

LM10 wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 01:16

That’s not even a race sim from Sainz to begin with. So absolutely useless to compare those stints to actual race sim stints.

That’s obviously a whole Bahrain race sim from Alonso and next to it some random
stints from Sainz. Comparing them does not make any sense.
I think those stints were used because they occurred at a similar time of day. Regardless, you’re correct. There’s no correlation.

Bisonas

JPower wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 00:48
Bisonas wrote:
JPower wrote:

Well that's the data.

High degradation was my assumption. yes.
I expected Sainz to do 15-20 laps on the C2 and he did 8 with clear signs of degradation or some other problem.
I remind you that all pit stops where in and out, fast pit stops changing tires only.
When they have so comparable first stints, and both do fast pit stops for tires only, i assume they are on race sim.
It's the logical assumption. C2 Sainz stint looked like high degradation for me. For you maybe it looked normal. its ok.
There are 1000 possible reasons why they may aborted the sim and that C2 stint looks very weird in did. I am not in their garage to know what happened. From the times (fuel load) and the fast pit stops though i do assume they started it as a race sim.
Last edited by Bisonas on 26 Feb 2023, 01:50, edited 1 time in total.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Henk_v wrote:

If everyone else were mandatory to drive entire season in reverse, Lance would still not be able to win championship
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

LM10
LM10

Bisonas wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 01:39
High degradation was my assumption. yes.
I expected Sainz to do 15-20 laps on the C2 and he did 8 with clear signs of degradation.
I remind you that all pit stops where in and out, fast pit stops changing tires only.
When they have so comparable first stints, and both do fast pit stops for tires only, i assume they are on race sim.
It's the logical assumption. C2 Sainz stint looked like high degradation for me. For you maybe it looked normal. its ok.
There are 1000 possible reasons why they may aborted the sim and that C2 stint looks very weird in did. I am not in their garage to know what happened. From the times (fuel load) and the fast pit stops though i do assume they started it as a race sim.
Dropping one second in lap time already in the fourth lap on C2s can’t be a race sim. No matter the car, no matter the driver, no matter the track.