2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Mansell89 wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 13:43
organic wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 13:30
When talking about more to come from the car he mentioned extracting it over the course of the next few races, so I think it was likely more to do with finding an even sweeter spot with the setup and unlocking performance through understanding

Fernando knows every team has fuel to take out relative to testing
Thanks Organic :)

Any initial observations on Astons relative performance for high speed/low speed etc and whether Bahrain would be a positive outlier for any reason, versus other circuits to come?
The car seems to have a very planted rear relative to most others on the grid which would help in Bahrain with its many traction zones. So this may be a factor in the good speed we have seen but I wouldn't be scared of this factor dragging them down elsewhere as the planted rear just comes from the car's good balance which is useful everywhere. Especially for Alonso who likes this characteristic as far as I'm aware

It is a high degradation circuit and we already saw last year's amr being very gentle on tyres, often to the extent of failing to heat them up for Q. So if this car is similarly gentle, performance at a high degradation circuit may be better than their performance would be if Bahrain was the same layout etc just with lower deg. But again this is a characteristic that would make the car strong everywhere, just perhaps exaggerated here more than most circuits to an extent.

So many hypotheticals :D can feel us getting carried away already

MV8
MV8

Just posting

organic

Good to give confirmation. Rumours of others taking stroll's place weren't helpful

Happy for drugovich! Hope he does well

Henk_v
Henk_v

That's well deserved for Felipe! My money is on at least 2 races for him, likely 3.

If it was just for one race, they'd probably get somebody able to score points. If the Outlook is multiple races, then all hope for Lance is lost for any good points tally and then it's the easy choice to invest in your own talent.

F1doc
F1doc

organic wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 14:14
Good to give confirmation. Rumours of others taking stroll's place weren't helpful

Happy for drugovich! Hope he does well
Indeed. Rumours of Vettel/Stoffel sitting in for Lance would have undermined why Drugovich signed as a reserve driver and the value of F2. Pleased that the rumours have been closed off, but probably a day too late.

If I were making the decisions, the line up should be confirmed now to prep Drugovich psychologically rather than dangling the prospect in front of him. I'd then get Stroll to focus on a proper recovery.

This scenario with delaying a decision on Stroll's fitness to drive is only happening due to nepotism influencing management.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

GoranF1 wrote:
23 Feb 2023, 12:25
AR3-GP wrote:
23 Feb 2023, 03:12
There are some absolutely wild rumors doing the rounds. I’ll leave it at that.
Speak! 😀
Toto: "According to our calculations, the Aston Martin could end up in second place."

organic

From an AMuS (subscription-required) article

NAPI10
NAPI10

AR3-GP wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 14:38
GoranF1 wrote:
23 Feb 2023, 12:25
AR3-GP wrote:
23 Feb 2023, 03:12
There are some absolutely wild rumors doing the rounds. I’ll leave it at that.
Speak! 😀
Toto: "According to our calculations, the Aston Martin could end up in second place."
Toto joined 'HypeTrain' too...welcome :D :D :D

CriXus
CriXus

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” - George Bernard Shaw

snajam
snajam

I want to see how it faired compared to Perez's first attempt, the 30.6 i guess. that was done at a similar time and 1st attempt. This was his 2nd or 3rd attempt.

Alo only did one run and that according to PDR quite unwillingly. Team wanted to gather data on the softer tire and but alo wanted race runs. His top speed was much lower compared to their best this weekend suggesting that was on a much lower engine mode, all corner exits and straights are slower. Still there are quite a few positives from this.

nowaysthatsreal
nowaysthatsreal

Jus too much hype, read that they are bringing new updates next race that will get em closer to RB

Maybe next one could say they are so ahead of RB and SF & championship is in bag and they are working on 2024 now.

I feel they will be closer to alpine but behind merc

Alonso Fan

Man the hype is real. Before the season started I would have been happy with a top 5 championship finish and regular top 10 appearances but now seeing the hype I'm gonna be disappointed if they don't finish 4th
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Alonso Fan wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 20:19
Man the hype is real. Before the season started I would have been happy with a top 5 championship finish and regular top 10 appearances but now seeing the hype I'm gonna be disappointed if they don't finish 4th
I'm not paying attention to 4th in the WCC. Lance is a liability even if the car is good.... I think what is more fun is where Alonso can place the car. Can he be a regular top 5 finisher? Can he take advantage of a vulnerable early season Mercedes?

People think AM won't be able to keep up in the development race but Dan Fallows said 2/3rds of the car would be changing already in the coming upgrades. Aston Martin have acquired a key player of RB's development team. It would be naive to think their development won't be just as aggressive.
Technical director Dan Fallows revealed during the launch that around two-thirds of the car is expected to change as it evolves over the course of the season. Last year the team struggled at first, but rallied back to finish seventh in the Constructors’ championship, equal on points with Alfa Romeo, and it will be looking to continue that trajectory as it embarks on developing into a championship-challenging force in the coming years.
https://racer.com/2023/02/13/aston-mart ... f1-season/

GoranF1
GoranF1

snajam wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 17:59
I want to see how it faired compared to Perez's first attempt, the 30.6 i guess. that was done at a similar time and 1st attempt. This was his 2nd or 3rd attempt.

Alo only did one run and that according to PDR quite unwillingly. Team wanted to gather data on the softer tire and but alo wanted race runs. His top speed was much lower compared to their best this weekend suggesting that was on a much lower engine mode, all corner exits and straights are slower. Still there are quite a few positives from this.
40kg of fuel onboard.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Mansell89
Mansell89

organic wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 13:50
Mansell89 wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 13:43
organic wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 13:30
When talking about more to come from the car he mentioned extracting it over the course of the next few races, so I think it was likely more to do with finding an even sweeter spot with the setup and unlocking performance through understanding

Fernando knows every team has fuel to take out relative to testing
Thanks Organic :)

Any initial observations on Astons relative performance for high speed/low speed etc and whether Bahrain would be a positive outlier for any reason, versus other circuits to come?
The car seems to have a very planted rear relative to most others on the grid which would help in Bahrain with its many traction zones. So this may be a factor in the good speed we have seen but I wouldn't be scared of this factor dragging them down elsewhere as the planted rear just comes from the car's good balance which is useful everywhere. Especially for Alonso who likes this characteristic as far as I'm aware

It is a high degradation circuit and we already saw last year's amr being very gentle on tyres, often to the extent of failing to heat them up for Q. So if this car is similarly gentle, performance at a high degradation circuit may be better than their performance would be if Bahrain was the same layout etc just with lower deg. But again this is a characteristic that would make the car strong everywhere, just perhaps exaggerated here more than most circuits to an extent.

So many hypotheticals :D can feel us getting carried away already
Haha thanks Organic- wouldn’t it be wonderful to see a team upset the applecart and produce something magic even without the best infrastructure?

As I say -very much watching with interest!