2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
MTudor
MTudor

Re: 2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

AR3-GP wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 09:24
Ben1980 wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 09:16
djos wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 09:14

We all know that, it’s irrelevant.
Not really irrelevant is it? If the impact is what you are complaining about. It's incredibly relevant.
I would agree with djos. Whether they have a new car somewhere in a dream or not is irrelevant. Norris put this car P4 last year. How they did not build on this into the next season continues to be shocking.
They didn't build on this car because was raised by 15 cm and the whole aerodinamic of the car has changed,from the front wing,the floor,sidepods,rear wing,etc so lets not forget that this concept was abandoned like 5 months ago!
I'm tired when our own fans keep "forgeting" about this aspect!!!

MTudor
MTudor

michl420 wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 10:40
Every bad day they say here the team is lost. The bad points should be adressed but not reped to death, it´s tiring.
I think today they fell out of there temperatur window (Tires) and Norris can`t put it together, also bacause of the issues in P3.

So that someone also talks about the good things.

Good low speed performance. I don`t think we are that far in the front like this last graph suggest, but in the front area. (This can be seen from last year on, although some here rant about the HUGE alleged understeer problem (sarcasm)).
Visually in my opinion one of the most stable aero platforms from the suspension side.
Very good braking performance.
The car looks on the upperside very much like a Red Bull, which is certainly not terrible this year.
These are things that have been achieved by the team.

Perhaps the only weak point is the floor, which is of course the worst, but can be fixed. And that's exactly what the team has been talking about since the start of the season. And what Aston Martin has done and how tight the field this year is give me hope that a big leap is possible. [-o<
I'm not blind to the situation the team is in and i'm disapprove them for it, but i'm not blind to the good things either.
My point of view.
👏👏👏👏

MTudor
MTudor

djos wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 13:01
Ben1980 wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 12:35
Criticism is fine. But pointless Criticism is, we'll pointless.

Just saying its slow, it's rubbish, etc is just pointless. Especially when the team have explained the plan and understood a problem.

Now, if towards the end of the season nothing has changed, that's a different matter.
Expressing one’s frustration that the car is slower, relatively speaking, than last year’s car is entirely valid. Yes we know a better car is coming, However, last year the Singapore car was supposed to be a big step forward, and yet wasn’t.
All good points but not every week because it's getting tiresome!

Slahinki
Slahinki

Not at all a bad result for a supposed "brick". Well done by both the boys, Lando surprised me with how long he was able to keep Perez behind. But man, what a messy race. Lots of people driving like absolute numpties today.

Also, POINTS! YES! =D> =D>

kfrantzios
kfrantzios

MTudor wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 17:39
AR3-GP wrote:
Ben1980 wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 09:16

Not really irrelevant is it? If the impact is what you are complaining about. It's incredibly relevant.
I would agree with djos. Whether they have a new car somewhere in a dream or not is irrelevant. Norris put this car P4 last year. How they did not build on this into the next season continues to be shocking.
They didn't build on this car because was raised by 15 cm and the whole aerodinamic of the car has changed,from the front wing,the floor,sidepods,rear wing,etc so lets not forget that this concept was abandoned like 5 months ago!
I think you are exaggerating a bit. It is 15mm and not 15cm. Yes that raise of height affected us a lot mainly in the floor area. I don't see how it could affect the rear wing though...

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

haza wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 10:02
101FlyingDutchman wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 09:58
Yep the areas it was deficient in last year have certainly been upgraded but it comes with one hell of a drag penalty
it’s astonishing even with drs open it was getting passed easily makes you wonder how the cars so draggy in the first place
To be fair, Perez was passing “everyone” even when the other driver had DRS too… So not a great reference point

Darth-Piekus

Anyway. Good result in the end. The car got what it deserved after all that badluck in the first two races and now waiting to see the new change in philosophy.

Big Tea

Darth-Piekus wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 15:21
You know it's not the first time Haas has protested a result. Sounds to me like sore losers.
It's their job to do so
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

bauc

It turned out to be a good race for us, I'm pleased with the result, it was time some luck went our way for once this season, but yeah...what a crazy last 5 laps ...
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

MTudor
MTudor

kfrantzios wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 18:07
MTudor wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 17:39
AR3-GP wrote:

I think you are exaggerating a bit. It is 15mm and not 15cm. Yes that raise of height affected us a lot mainly in the floor area. I don't see how it could affect the rear wing though...
I was in a hurry and typed cm not mm,but thanks.
Air acts like a fluid and every surface is affected to a higher or lesser degree so I asume that rear wing was also affected by the change.

Darth-Piekus

Have in mind that today's F1 cars are so effective that even 1mm can make a difference.

chrisgr
chrisgr

If your floor doesn't produce enough downforce you have to add more wing.

f1rules
f1rules

Re: McLaren MCL60

just saw this, interesting comments, do we have any idea what is leading to this lack gain with drs, with mclaren mostly running a bigger rearwing, its strange they dont gain that much, but offcourse if the design is wrong, further it was mentioned also, how rb gain a lot with drs even almost always running a skinnier rearwing, so seem something else is influencing, stall of diffuser was mentioned

bauc

I see few posts related to Piastri's performance here and I'm laughing hard ...... oh you made my day.

People think that when a rookie comes into F1 will go straight to fighting for victories or at least beat his senior teammate, LOL, this is not the 90's or 2002 or 2007 when you had Lewis & others like him having unlimited test time before coming to F1, so give the rookie a season to judge him ok?

Enjoy the points for now, put a smile and I will see you guys in BakU!
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Ben1980
Ben1980

4 weeks! 4weeks! Thats a long time.

Will we get some bring back Ron Dennis posts? Some Lando should leave? Car is too slow? Zak should be sacked?