2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

I think Checo will finish 2nd tomorrow. The DRS zones are massive here and I think qualifying was the low point. Car is always better in race trim.
A lion must kill its prey.

napoleon1981
napoleon1981

AR3-GP wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 02:29
I think Checo will finish 2nd tomorrow. The DRS zones are massive here and I think qualifying was the low point. Car is always better in race trim.
It will be interesting to see, Checo in previous seasons seemed to get stuck behind cars Max would just sail on by. The RB is a great car tho this season and more to Checos liking. Anything but a second place would be a bad performance in my book.

Big Tea

napoleon1981 wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 03:48
PlatinumZealot wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 17:20
Max admits it's the car. 🤷‍♂️

https://www.planetf1.com/news/max-verst ... -shoulder/
I think we all know the car plays a big role. You just don't want to drop one to your team mate when you have the fastest car by a mile, like some (supposedly) GOATs have done. Or drop one with the fastest car to a car that is close, by forgetting to toggle a break magic switch (2021).
Its not just having the best car, its about having the best car that suites you and your style.
I doubt there is much if any difference between Max's car and Checo's car, just as there was with Ricciardo.
It is just what one driver wanted, or at least one driver is able come to terms with, and something the other driver is not in tune with.

I am not saying that in identical cars Max and Checo would be scrapping as Hamilton and Rosberg were, but if the car was more suited to Checo, which it could not be as the present iteration of it is the quickest and changing it would lose much performance, they may be closer, but also closer to the others too.

Form the days of the blown diffuser it seems that the Bull needed a particular driving style which one driver took to an the other could not master, no matter how good they were in other cars.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Big Tea wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 04:18
napoleon1981 wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 17:20
Max admits it's the car. 🤷‍♂️

https://www.planetf1.com/news/max-verst ... -shoulder/
I think we all know the car plays a big role. You just don't want to drop one to your team mate when you have the fastest car by a mile, like some (supposedly) GOATs have done. Or drop one with the fastest car to a car that is close, by forgetting to toggle a break magic switch (2021).
Its not just having the best car, its about having the best car that suites you and your style.
I doubt there is much if any difference between Max's car and Checo's car, just as there was with Ricciardo.
It is just what one driver wanted, or at least one driver is able come to terms with, and something the other driver is not in tune with.

I am not saying that in identical cars Max and Checo would be scrapping as Hamilton and Rosberg were, but if the car was more suited to Checo, which it could not be as the present iteration of it is the quickest and changing it would lose much performance, they may be closer, but also closer to the others too.
As a reminder, Checo has been happy with the car since the start of the season, his own words. Checo historically has always been like this. A handful of circuist where he excels and then a bunch of circuits where you didn't know he was there. This is not a RB specific phenomena.

chrisc90

Is checo signed until the end of 2024?

Big Tea

AR3-GP wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 05:29
Big Tea wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 04:18
napoleon1981 wrote:

As a reminder, Checo has been happy with the car since the start of the season, his own words. Checo historically has always been like this. A handful of circuist where he excels and then a bunch of circuits where you didn't know he was there. This is not a RB specific phenomena.
Not disagreeing with you, he seems fine there, but it does not mean he is getting the best out of that car, or is able to.
I'm not going down the 'he is just a dummy for Max' road at all, just that I think he is over trying and does not have it in him to hit the peak as Max does
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

DDopey
DDopey

AR3-GP wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 05:29
This is very true. His performance has always been very track specific. Although usually he starts a little slow to peak towards the end.

Sieper

Max f.e. Really made a click with the car during Baku race. He was also very happy after finishing second (not very usual for him) and said he had learned some things about the car. Since then he has been on a roll. Not that it was bad before that. He got very unlucky in Jeddah qualy and in Baku itself he was still faster in S1 and 2, but that enormous tow allowed Checo back and then the unlucky safety car was the nail. But since, he has gotten quicker still.

Juzh

Just looking at perez' driving on the onboards for the whole weekend so far you could see he's got no confidence in turn in and of the back end coming round, he needs multiple stabs on steering wheel to feel the grip and so on. I don't see how he can end up in P2 today with these things considered.

organic

Juzh wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 13:29
Just looking at perez' driving on the onboards for the whole weekend so far you could see he's got no confidence in turn in and of the back end coming round, he needs multiple stabs on steering wheel to feel the grip and so on. I don't see how he can end up in P2 today with these things considered.
Agreed. If dry I'm thinking p4-p6 possible.. with the threat of rain getting higher maybe not even p5 is likely.

chrisc90

I wonder how much of that is down to setup or just not able to get the tyres in the right window. Remember we did see a LOT of track evolution in Q1 and into Q2. Also reasonable to say that the say will be a bit more tamer with a full tank of motion lotion in the back compared to fuel for 2 -4 laps in quali

Juzh

chrisc90 wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 13:36
I wonder how much of that is down to setup or just not able to get the tyres in the right window. Remember we did see a LOT of track evolution in Q1 and into Q2. Also reasonable to say that the say will be a bit more tamer with a full tank of motion lotion in the back compared to fuel for 2 -4 laps in quali
forget track evolution. Perez was poor from the get go, not just in rapidly changing track conditions in qualifying. Same as in melbourne when he also had poor pace and only managed 5th in the end.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Juzh wrote:
In FP3 he was only 2 tenths behind Max. So he found something. Qualifying was a tricky session with the low grip which he doesn't excel in. The reason he lost the rear into T5 was because he put the rear tire on the wet curb on the outside.

As long as it's dry, he should come through the field and historically has always been more comfortable on Sundays.

Juzh

AR3-GP wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 13:42
Juzh wrote:
In FP3 he was only 2 tenths behind Max. So he found something. Qualifying was a tricky session with the low grip which he doesn't excel in. The reason he lost the rear into T5 was because he put the rear tire on the wet curb on the outside.

As long as it's dry, he should come through the field and historically has always been more comfortable on Sundays.
One lap (still not blazing fast) doesn't mean much in terms of what we can expect for the race. It's not like he was fast before that track excursion. Same thing with russell who I also dont expect very much of today.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!