2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JPower
JPower

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

I'm curious to see how well they manage the tires against Lewis. The Mercedes doesn't show anything until a third of the way into the race.

Was surprised at how quickly Russell turned the tires on in the sprint as that hasn't been a calling card for them since the ground effect era started.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

JPower wrote:
01 Jul 2023, 23:03
I'm curious to see how well they manage the tires against Lewis. The Mercedes doesn't show anything until a third of the way into the race.

Was surprised at how quickly Russell turned the tires on in the sprint as that hasn't been a calling card for them since the ground effect era started.
I'm not sure that Russell switched them on quickly. I think he just had the benefit of being on them a few laps before the other which gave the appearance that his tires were working better than others.

mzso
mzso

Vanja #66 wrote:
01 Jul 2023, 19:34
Xyz22 wrote:
01 Jul 2023, 17:31
25s in 27 laps. There isn't really much to add.

The other car out of the points and Leclerc has always been very competitive in these conditions and with inter tyres.

Edit: Leclerc just said he has no confidence at all with this car in these conditions. Fantastic.
It really is the same issue with the car in mixed conditions as entire last year, it's just that RB has improved further. For whatever reason, RB is able to keep the car in the window in basically all conditions. I really hope it's not something as trivial as playing around with tyre pressures, as I'm not sure what other suspension setting they are allowed to change in Parc Ferme.

It's disappointing to see Leclerc losing the confidence in the car in these conditions, when he was impeccable last year. I wonder how much of this confidence lost is actually down to losing the will to floor it after being let down by the team so many times again this year.
The commentator here seemed to think that Leclerc was handicapped in the wet by going with a lower downforce setup compared to Sainz. He clearly struggled all through the shootout.

Sevach
Sevach

https://www.pitdebrief.com/post/ferrari ... wrong-side

Leclerc doesn't seem to understand why he struggles in changeable conditions(neither do i), but in changeable weather he always seems a bit ordinary.
Which is not what you expect from someone who has amazing car control.

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

mzso wrote:
02 Jul 2023, 09:54
Vanja #66 wrote:
01 Jul 2023, 19:34
Xyz22 wrote:
01 Jul 2023, 17:31
25s in 27 laps. There isn't really much to add.

The other car out of the points and Leclerc has always been very competitive in these conditions and with inter tyres.

Edit: Leclerc just said he has no confidence at all with this car in these conditions. Fantastic.
It really is the same issue with the car in mixed conditions as entire last year, it's just that RB has improved further. For whatever reason, RB is able to keep the car in the window in basically all conditions. I really hope it's not something as trivial as playing around with tyre pressures, as I'm not sure what other suspension setting they are allowed to change in Parc Ferme.

It's disappointing to see Leclerc losing the confidence in the car in these conditions, when he was impeccable last year. I wonder how much of this confidence lost is actually down to losing the will to floor it after being let down by the team so many times again this year.
The commentator here seemed to think that Leclerc was handicapped in the wet by going with a lower downforce setup compared to Sainz. He clearly struggled all through the shootout.
Are they trying various setups ( on trial n error basis ) on both cars hence both car perform differently ?

Vanja #66

mzso wrote:
02 Jul 2023, 09:54
With the 3-place grid drop he got stuck in traffic, which only amplified the problem with heating up the tyres, since he was 1s slower than Sainz while on Inters. The car is nowhere near perfext, but the sham penalty indees cost the team an easy 3-4 yesterday.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Andres125sx

Vanja #66 wrote:
01 Jul 2023, 17:14
Vinlarr89 wrote:
01 Jul 2023, 17:12
Great race from Sainz. Leclerc isn’t great when he gets into a midfield battle is he?
Better to back off from crazy Ocon and save the car from any damage than risk it all for 1 point, isn't it?
What´s the purpose of racing if overtaking is seen as an unnecessary risk even when it provides some point? #-o

It was dissapointing watching Lecrerc unable to pass an Alpine

Andres125sx

Sainz impeding...
Vanja #66 wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 15:31
Sainz' Q3 lap and the lack of awareness and respect for other drivers in the final chicane are simply appaling. I want to say someone in the team should talk to him about it, but everyone else is dropping the ball just as bad #-o
Lecrerc impeding...
Vanja #66 wrote:
01 Jul 2023, 17:13
It was an in lap and a bs penalty. Max impeeded Lewis and there wasn't even an investigation. As usual, monetisation favourites get a preferential treatment.
Some double standards are extremelly disgusting :sick: ](*,) #-o

Andres125sx

Vanja #66 wrote:
01 Jul 2023, 15:07
What a joke, Max can mess with Hamilton's fast laps and cost him SQ2 entry and go unpunished, but when a driver enters a pit on a wet patch of track he gets a 3-place grid drop...
Entering pit lane does not equal to impeding. 19 drivers did enter pit lane without impeding anyone. Lecrerd did so he got a fair penalty

Wich btw was extremelly costly for Piastri, as he was eliminated in SQ1 (17th), when his car was pretty strong in this track (Norris was 3rd)

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Andres125sx wrote:
02 Jul 2023, 12:52
Vanja #66 wrote:
01 Jul 2023, 17:14
Vinlarr89 wrote:
01 Jul 2023, 17:12
Great race from Sainz. Leclerc isn’t great when he gets into a midfield battle is he?
Better to back off from crazy Ocon and save the car from any damage than risk it all for 1 point, isn't it?
What´s the purpose of racing if overtaking is seen as an unnecessary risk even when it provides some point? #-o

It was dissapointing watching Lecrerc unable to pass an Alpine
... and being overtaken by Norris due to running wide at the final corner.
Hope for a stronger race from him today

Sevach
Sevach

Oh wow had to drop in here to make all about Sainz vs Leclerc again...
BTW seems like Vanja is more pissed about the Verstappen-Hamilton amounting to nothing than defending Charles.

Andres125sx

CaribouBread wrote:
01 Jul 2023, 12:25
Looks like the setup they're running isn't turning the tyres on immediately in these conditions. Quite a change. I'm taking that as a good omen for their tyre woes.
Indeed, but not a change, this is happeing in 3 races in a row now. I said it in Spain after rain hit the track in FP3 so it was cold for Q1, and Lecrerc got eliminated in Q1, but people read it as if I was bashing Lecrerc #-o .

Then Canada with a damp track, Lecrerc eliminated in Q2.

Now in Austria, same again, cold track after some rain, and Lecrerc got problems and qualified lower than Sainz, even when we all know he´s faster than Sainz in qualifying trim.

Lecrerc is kinder with the tires, wich means with cold track that might be a problem (now confirmed after 3 GPs), but that same problem will be a benefit with hot tracks and also for race trim, wich I think will be better on average

As I also said after Spain qualifying, Ferrari tire problems now are the opposite, they struggle when track is cold, but then their tire wear problems should have beed solved and that should be better for overal race results, as there always are more dry/hot tracks than damp/cold one over a season. Only that last 3 GPs, coincidentally, that was not the case in Q or SQ

Hopefully now people will understand I´m just analysing results, not bashing anyone [-o<

Xwang
Xwang

Andres125sx wrote:
02 Jul 2023, 13:40
CaribouBread wrote:
01 Jul 2023, 12:25
Looks like the setup they're running isn't turning the tyres on immediately in these conditions. Quite a change. I'm taking that as a good omen for their tyre woes.
Indeed, but not a change, this is happeing in 3 races in a row now. I said it in Spain after rain hit the track in FP3 so it was cold for Q1, and Lecrerc got eliminated in Q1, but people read it as if I was bashing Lecrerc #-o .

Then Canada with a damp track, Lecrerc eliminated in Q2.

Now in Austria, same again, cold track after some rain, and Lecrerc got problems and qualified lower than Sainz, even when we all know he´s faster than Sainz in qualifying trim.

Lecrerc is kinder with the tires, wich means with cold track that might be a problem (now confirmed after 3 GPs), but that same problem will be a benefit with hot tracks and also for race trim, wich I think will be better on average

As I also said after Spain qualifying, Ferrari tire problems now are the opposite, they struggle when track is cold, but then their tire wear problems should have beed solved and that should be better for overal race results, as there always are more dry/hot tracks than damp/cold one over a season. Only that last 3 GPs, coincidentally, that was not the case in Q or SQ

Hopefully now people will understand I´m just analysing results, not bashing anyone [-o<
If it is the case, Leclerc should learn to adapt his driving style to car and external conditions. If colder conditions require a different style which is less gentle on tyres to warm them up, he should start to develop that style for those conditions.

Vanja #66

Sevach wrote:
02 Jul 2023, 13:25
Oh wow had to drop in here to make all about Sainz vs Leclerc again...
Living in someone's head rent-free is always fun, especially when you don't even do anything about it :)
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

JPower
JPower

Let's see what Ferrari does here. I think Sainz is the quicker driver today.