Red Bull RB19

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
organic

Re: Red Bull RB19

Update document - Hungary

Subtle floor edge wing changes again. Seems to be a very sensitive component for RB this season - has been changed each time the sidepod inlet has been modified

Cs98
Cs98

organic wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 12:37
Update document - Hungary

https://i.imgur.com/oagZEgg.jpeg

Subtle floor edge wing changes again. Seems to be a very sensitive component for RB this season - has been changed each time the sidepod inlet has been modified
Can anyone actually see what upgrade nr 4 is referring to, or is that the new canon exit perhaps?

Sevach
Sevach

Red Bull taking the piss with all these "reliability" upgrades.

Venturiation
Venturiation

Floor from perez crash

Sieper

These aluminum bars (sticking out) on the car are gone. No aero rack mounts (likely) as Checo did not run them. Likely it is just for keeping the car straight/stable during transportation.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Any Hi-res pictures of the new sidepod inlet?
Tried Twitter and couldn't find anything other than Albert Fabrega pics from yesterday.
The cheapest sort of pride is national pride, every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.

atanatizante

"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

atanatizante

Silent Storm wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 14:15
Any Hi-res pictures of the new sidepod inlet?
Tried Twitter and couldn't find anything other than Albert Fabrega pics from yesterday.
Here are some of them ...

"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

AMG.Tzan

Farnborough wrote:
20 Jul 2023, 20:38
AMG.Tzan wrote:
20 Jul 2023, 20:24
Rikhart wrote:
20 Jul 2023, 19:37
This looks to me like a much more refined and integrated version of the mercedes "zero pod wing thing".
It really looks like that yes!

And to be honest this is what I expected Mercedes to come up with at Monaco! I expected the inlet to be slightly above and behind the crash structure! But probably the crash is too “thick” for that implementation!

So Red Bull didn’t adopt the water slide! They don’t even need to at this time since they are clearly ahead in the championship! But I expect to see that development in the RB20!
But Mercedes didn't come up with this in Monaco update.

The two are nothing alike in aero, apart being in the same-ish location on tub by adherence to the rulebook.
I never said that though! All I'm saying is that I expected Mercedes to introduce a similar sidepod-sidepod inlet at Monaco!

Well they didn't...
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

organic

Better front-on comparison from The Race

SiLo

The lack of waterslides are probably because Red Bull are getting good flow to the beam wing anyway, and with such rearward sitting radiators, doesn't make as much sense maybe? Or, and this would be my guess, they prefer the more efficient gentle slope over an aggressive one.
Felipe Baby!

Mandrake
Mandrake

organic wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 16:21

https://i.imgur.com/CppFjLJ.jpeg
The angle is slightly off increasing the visual change of undercut / floor space. But I guess volume wise it's still significantly more

dialtone
dialtone

organic wrote:Better front-on comparison from The Race

To me it doesn’t seem they shrank the inlet that much, the lower lip was moved forward and higher but if it creates suction into the inlet the volume of air flowing in will be the same.

organic

Mandrake wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 18:03
organic wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 16:21

https://i.imgur.com/CppFjLJ.jpeg
The angle is slightly off increasing the visual change of undercut / floor space. But I guess volume wise it's still significantly more
Yes it's hard to get what is a truly comparable shot. Hopefully we'll get one that really looks like a good match but so far it's the best I've seen

Tzk
Tzk

dialtone wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 18:06
To me it doesn’t seem they shrank the inlet that much, the lower lip was moved forward and higher but if it creates suction into the inlet the volume of air flowing in will be the same.
I agree. It looks a lot smaller when viewed at a low angle, but that might be because the lower lip sits a lot higher than before. I also suspect that they suck just as much air into the inlet as before. They just managed to guide it a bit better downwards.

And it looke like the undercut on the sidepods got even more extreme... Insanity.