2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

It's not surprising. Perez struggles in slick-damp conditions. Same thing happened in Spain where he didn't make Q3.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic wrote:
26 Aug 2023, 18:55
Sieper wrote:
26 Aug 2023, 18:46
No, max already said it yesterday post FP2. When asked worried, answer was no, other teams were on higher power settings. They are just very conservative with the engine on Friday.
Right but compare their high dwf straightline speed with others since the beginning of the year in qualifying, and RB have made a significant step forward this weekend. RB have never before had such a top speed advantage whilst running high DWF. At mexico they achieved it by running a single beamwing with high DWF wing. At Zandvoort last year they used the max DWF beamwing with the medium RW.

This weekend they bring a new beamwing and this new characteristic appears, which is now creating the same aero behaviour that RB exhibits at other downforce levels already? It can't be coincidence!

If you look at the official speedtrap data, RB are such outliers considering Ferrari literally used their medium downforce rear-wing

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F4eA89KWMAE ... &name=orig
and just to wrap this up, I have studied this periodically and typically RB only improve 2-3 km/h top speed wise between FP2 and qualifying from engine modes. This weekend was a glaring exception. An extra 10km/h found overnight between a dry FP2 and slick-damp Q3. This is Ferrari territory from beginning of the season when they were nursing their PU severely. My initial assumption had been that they must have changed the wings of the car, but this was not the case. Either the engine was detuned far more than usual, or something with the rideheight changes overnight triggered a very different aerodynamic characteristic.

I do wonder if RB has expected this, and wanted to leave the reveal to the last moment...The other teams would not have anticipated the extra top speed in this setting.

rafac
rafac

organic

Clinical from Max and to equal Seb's 9-in-a-row that I thought would not be broken. Exceptional.

Extremely sloppy from Perez though he did well on the early gamble.

And of course credit to the team once again for such a formidable car. They are reducing its weaknesses even as we go. And operationally almost flawless as well, especially pit crews, despite such a chaotic race.

I will watch Lawson's onboard in the wet back, but he seemed to thrive in the conditions. He finished p13 in the end ahead of tsunoda in p14 and overtook him on track. Marko will no doubt have noticed

rafac
rafac

Congratulations to Max Verstappen for equaling Seb's record. What an achievement and to do it in changing and tricky conditions is apt for the achievement.

napoleon1981
napoleon1981

organic wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 17:35
Clinical from Max and to equal Seb's 9-in-a-row that I thought would not be broken. Exceptional.
Its crazy that record was broken when we not had a fully dry weekend since Monaco. Lots of gnarly races where it was easy to have a driving error or a strategy fail.

TNTHead

organic wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 17:35

Extremely sloppy from Perez though he did well on the early gamble.

And of course credit to the team once again for such a formidable car. They are reducing its weaknesses even as we go. And operationally almost flawless as well, especially pit crews, despite such a chaotic race.

I will watch Lawson's onboard in the wet back, but he seemed to thrive in the conditions. He finished p13 in the end ahead of tsunoda in p14 and overtook him on track. Marko will no doubt have noticed
Apparently VER understands the car reall well now, how to drive it and how to set it up. Off weekends with a tyre eating setup is already quite a long time ago.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

The Dutch one is unflappable and inevitable in these types of conditions.

What a relief it must be for the team to know that they have a driver who can reliably handle wet races.

organic

Horner said the cause of the 10s stop for Checo was that he told the team he wanted to box extremely late - as he was already in the pitlane. This is why they were not ready for him.

And here is photo of the King of the Netherlands b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶g̶r̶a̶t̶u̶l̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ congratulating Max

Can it become 10 to break this record and become the sole holder? I won't be annoyed if not but Monza should suit the package. I hope they have a lower downforce wing than the current low downforce which loses time to a few teams especially in quali but we will see. Ultimately not having the optimal wing level for Monza and Vegas is not the end of the world.

Max also goes up against the formidable Monza Curse next weekend. He won in 2022 which forecasts that he will DNF this year.

organic

With today's win Max's win% in the rain is now among the goats of the sport. He overtakes Hamilton's winrate. Still a while to catch up to Michael's wins / senna's ratio :lol:

Here's also telemetry from the lap where Max gains over 4s to Checo

KimiRai
KimiRai

Was Max's overtake on gasly in lap 6 investigated?

Sieper

Max has had 6 years without a real chance to win. Still pulled out 10 of them in that period but this does skew the figures. But a nice stat this. To me Senna always was the most special.

organic

KimiRai wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 21:30
Not noted or investigated surprisingly.

Gasly didn't seem annoyed in the cooldown room when it came on screen, but I guess he was high from the podium/result. He said to max I went there and lost grip on the paint and max just nodded and said yea

Sieper

KimiRai wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 21:30
Not even noted. It was a bit too firm imho. But I think with the nose in and the possibility to drive different lines, and Gasly doing that, they let it slide. Plus there was no contact.

For sure in years gone by he would have gotten a penalty. Now not. Part of the unfairness of F1. I saw that before many times.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Verstappen has been having great starts again...