2023 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, Sep 15 -17

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
matt_b
matt_b

Re: 2023 Singapore Grand Prix - Marina Bay, Sep 15 -17

bluechris wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:39
Ok guys, if you feel that Russell was driving happy to have his teammate trying to pass him from behind with no reason at that moment when he is all in to pass, i say that i was wrong. To me this moves from Hamilton shows disrespect to his teammate who had done a better job this weekend something that isn't accepted it seems.
Don't misunderstand me, of course it was Russell mistake what happened but i strongly believe Hamilton pushing wasn't necessary.
In the end there is a team manager that see if a driver is faster and can ask for a swap. That's why i said what i said about Toto.
Total brainfart from MB side and ofcourse this costs alot in championship points where Ferrari benefited closing to MB.
Haha I knew you haters would find a reason to blame Lewis for Georges crash, get help, you just mad George didn't win and who now 71 points behind Lewis :lol:

PlatinumZealot

GrizzleBoy wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:37
George looks amd sounds broken. He looks like he's holding back tears.
Yeah, I would cry too. It's a huge dent in the psychological status between him and Lewis. It's going to take a while for him to build it back. Imagine if they ever have to fight for the championship, Lewis would know that he can pressure George and make him crack. He's already lost so much ground in "the silver war 2" before it even started. It's a massive setback.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

bluechris wrote:
Ok guys, if you feel that Russell was driving happy to have his teammate trying to pass him from behind with no reason at that moment when he is all in to pass, i say that i was wrong. To me this moves from Hamilton shows disrespect to his teammate who had done a better job this weekend something that isn't accepted it seems.
Don't misunderstand me, of course it was Russell mistake what happened but i strongly believe Hamilton pushing wasn't necessary.
In the end there is a team manager that see if a driver is faster and can ask for a swap. That's why i said what i said about Toto.
Total brainfart from MB side and ofcourse this costs alot in championship points where Ferrari benefited closing to MB.
The fact that Lewis chopped down a 5s deficit to George almost before George even got close to Norris is George's fault alone.

If he had Lewis' pace it wouldn't have been an issue. But he didn't, so he got sandwiched between someone he couldn't overtake and someone who had the pace to attack him.

If Lewis can see for himself that George doesn't have what it takes to make the pass, then there's no reason to hang back. He's a racing driver and his teammate is his first rival.

napoleon1981
napoleon1981

Just_a_fan wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:42
napoleon1981 wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:38
Just_a_fan wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:31

George had a shot and binned it. No one wins from the barriers. Meanwhile, Lewis goes on picking up yet more points.

George has had some great Saturdays this season but very few good Sundays. And it's Sunday that matters.
If the goal was for Hamilton to pick up the pieces with a 3rd place, while George crashed fighting for the win, i can understand why you think my comment aged like milk :). How have the goal posts moved, celebrating a 3rd place.
Start in 5th after messing up qualifying, end the race on the podium in P3? That's what they are supposed to do - improve on a starting position (Other than P1, obviously).

Start in 2nd, mess up the start, and then bin it on the last lap? That's what they're not supposed to do.

A "spank" on Saturday is way better than a self-inflicted DNF on Sunday.
Lol, yes losing by 0.5s on Saturday is better then driving it into the wall on Sunday. Duh. Those are the hallmarks of a great drive?
Last edited by napoleon1981 on 17 Sep 2023, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.

PlatinumZealot

GrizzleBoy wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:44
bluechris wrote:
The fact that Lewis chopped down a 5s deficit to George almost before George even got close to Norris is George's fault alone.

If he had Lewis' pace it wouldn't have been an issue. But he didn't, so he got sandwiched between someone he couldn't overtake and someone who had the pace to attack him.

If Lewis can see for himself that George doesn't have what it takes to make the pass, then there's no reason to hang back. He's a racing driver and his teammate is his first rival.
To be fair, Lewis cut more like 2 seconds before George got backed up by the leaders. it went down to about 2.9seconds gap IIRC.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

bluechris wrote:
If the positions had been reversed - George following Lewis - would George have sat back and given Lewis room or would he have been crawling all over him looking for a gap? The answer is George would have been all over the gearbox AND on the radio telling the pitwall to let him by because he was quicker. That's the reality of that team's dynamic.

MB have two top racing drivers who are allowed/encouraged to race each other, just like Ferrari. Sometimes that works well, sometimes it doesn't, but it's good for the sport.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

napoleon1981 wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:
napoleon1981 wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:38

If the goal was for Hamilton to pick up the pieces with a 3rd place, while George crashed fighting for the win, i can understand why you think my comment aged like milk :). How have the goal posts moved, celebrating a 3rd place.
Start in 5th after messing up qualifying, end the race on the podium in P3? That's what they are supposed to do - improve on a starting position (Other than P1, obviously).

Start in 2nd, mess up the start, and then bin it on the last lap? That's what they're not supposed to do.

Lol, yes losing by 0.5s on Saturday is better then driving it into the wall on Sunday. Duh. Those are the hallmarks of a great drive?
Maximising points return is one of the hallmarks, yes.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

PlatinumZealot wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:43
GrizzleBoy wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:37
George looks amd sounds broken. He looks like he's holding back tears.
Yeah, I would cry too. It's a huge dent in the psychological status between him and Lewis. It's going to take a while for him to build it back. Imagine if they ever have to fight for the championship, Lewis would know that he can pressure George and make him crack. He's already lost so much ground in "the silver war 2" before it even started. It's a massive setback.
You're right. He went from starting in P2 expecting to fight for the win, to P3 trying to stay on the podium, to being the shoe in for the win, to getting stuck with Lewis threatening to knock him off the podium, to the wall.

That must have been as much an emotional roller coaster as it was physical.

bluechris

GrizzleBoy wrote:
bluechris wrote:

And i repeat that is a team manager for this, no driver does whatever it wants and if what you say is true, Toto should had to tell Russell to let Hamilton pass.

napoleon1981
napoleon1981

Just_a_fan wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:46
napoleon1981 wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

Maximising points return is one of the hallmarks, yes.
Not sure if it was maximized when there was a potential win on the table and the car had potential for pole as Georged showed. Hence why i still dont understand it :)
Last edited by napoleon1981 on 17 Sep 2023, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.

jz11
jz11

dialtone wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:35
jz11 wrote:
bluechris wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:24
Why Hamilton was pushing so bad Russell? I don't see anyone here discussing this. To me the mistake of Russell is for a big percent because Hamilton wasn't giving to the guy that air to breath to attack on Norris. They run on different teams? For me it was huge mistake from the team and especially from Toto.
Russel didn't know what to think most likely, expecting Lewis to pounce on both him and Lando, which was probably why he looked so unsteady behind Lando, half-defending, half-attacking, and Lewis constantly looking for openings instead of allowing Russel to set up the overtake, doesn't excuse him for making the mistake however
That’s way off... Russell has to be able to deal with that, he did the whole race. What about the stress that Norris and Sainz were under and didn't bin it?
did you not read my whole post?

dialtone
dialtone

jz11 wrote:
dialtone wrote:
jz11 wrote: Russel didn't know what to think most likely, expecting Lewis to pounce on both him and Lando, which was probably why he looked so unsteady behind Lando, half-defending, half-attacking, and Lewis constantly looking for openings instead of allowing Russel to set up the overtake, doesn't excuse him for making the mistake however
That’s way off... Russell has to be able to deal with that, he did the whole race. What about the stress that Norris and Sainz were under and didn't bin it?
I did but one sentence at the end doesn't erase the whole post. That's like saying: "I'm not racist but..."

PlatinumZealot

bluechris wrote:
Ok guys, if you feel that Russell was driving happy to have his teammate trying to pass him from behind with no reason at that moment when he is all in to pass, i say that i was wrong.
So teammates aren't supposed to pass each other when they are racing? Unless you believe that they were told to "hold position...."

To me this moves from Hamilton shows disrespect to his teammate who had done a better job this weekend something that isn't accepted it seems.
Huh? So driving faster than you teammate is a sign of disprespect now? Hamilton and Russell didn't even engage in braking zone.

So Lewis shouldn't push when there is places to gain? Go it!
No swaps. George was fighting for a "hopeful win" why would Toto tell them to swap? And Lewis was fighting to get a position... They never had a win secured. It was all fair game.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Jesus the drivers look physically ill doing their interviews. Max looks like Mark Webber right now! He's all cheek bones lol.

jz11
jz11

dialtone wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:51
jz11 wrote:
dialtone wrote:

I did but one sentence at the end doesn't erase the whole post. That's like saying: "I'm not racist but..."
what did you expect, 500 word essay instead? :D