2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Alonsismo
Alonsismo

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

with ham DSQ we have a last chance to go for the p3 at the championship

organic

Alonsismo wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 09:28
with ham DSQ we have a last chance to go for the p3 at the championship
Considering that Abu Dhabi and Vegas are unlikely to be good for Mercedes, it actually is possible for Alonso.

organic

Alo podium at Mexico is on the menu imo

-wkst-
-wkst-

We will see what happens in Mexico. I don't see the things as bright.

As aready mentioned, the team had a 2nd set up chance with the pit lane start, at a sprint week that's pure gold.

Then there is the question: is the car really faster (more DF, less drag, etc) or just more driveable (to help STR)?

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

4 podiums in a row for the last 4 races

we deserve this and the p3 in constructors

i wish we can see the 33

xReVo
xReVo

Looking at the precedents, if updates are expected, is it positive or negative?😂

diffuser

-wkst- wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 10:33

As aready mentioned, the team had a 2nd set up chance with the pit lane start, at a sprint week that's pure gold.

Then there is the question: is the car really faster (more DF, less drag, etc) or just more driveable (to help STR)?
Think most of those are still valid questions that the race pace in Texas hasn't answered.

I think they'll take the data from the race and setup the car even better in Mexico, further improving it's performance.

Think the primary reason for the upgrade is for switching from the kick out sidepods to the floor supplying the kick. They evolve the package from there.

Think it's pretty obvious that Alonso's been struggling with controlling the car of late as well, It isn't just for Stroll.

jofs89
jofs89

diffuser wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 13:10
-wkst- wrote:

Think most of those are still valid questions that the race pace in Texas hasn't answered.

I think they'll take the data from the race and setup the car even better in Mexico, further improving it's performance.

Think the primary reason for the upgrade is for switching from the kick out sidepods to the floor supplying the kick. They evolve the package from there.

Think it's pretty obvious that Alonso's been struggling with controlling the car of late as well, It isn't just for Stroll.
I think it's a valid point. If all teams changed their set-up after a sprint race presumably they would all improve their performance in the actual race so it's not comparing apples with apples. I think what was encouraging is the deficit from Alonso to Stroll being pretty much nothing, that would imply the upgrades have worked and with further upgrades coming in Mexico maybe they will be back in the fight just behind Red Bull. Equally, they might be nowhere. Aston Martin's performances this season (since the summer) have rarely followed much of a logical pattern (as far as I can see anyway).

collindsilva
collindsilva

jofs89 wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 14:01
diffuser wrote:
-wkst- wrote:

I think it's a valid point. If all teams changed their set-up after a sprint race presumably they would all improve their performance in the actual race so it's not comparing apples with apples. I think what was encouraging is the deficit from Alonso to Stroll being pretty much nothing, that would imply the upgrades have worked and with further upgrades coming in Mexico maybe they will be back in the fight just behind Red Bull. Equally, they might be nowhere. Aston Martin's performances this season (since the summer) have rarely followed much of a logical pattern (as far as I can see anyway).
In Normal circumstances, your point is valid, however, AMR specifically wanted to test their upgraded package against the previous one. if they did the set up considering the normal conditions i.e. to gain positions, then the performance in comparision to other cars is not valid.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Stroll looked marginally faster in clean air.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

organic wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 10:27
Alo podium at Mexico is on the menu imo

hopping so.

SSJ4
SSJ4

GoranF1 wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 14:21
Stroll looked marginally faster in clean air.
He was a couple of tenths quicker I’d say in clean air.

The upgrade worked if you consider lance has been several tenths behind in race trim compared to alonso over the last few races

KimiRai
KimiRai

-wkst- wrote:

According to this twitter account Stroll's top speed was 3kmh higher than Alonso both in DRS and without DRS, so if that's the case then updates likely took away some of the drag. We'd know for sure if we compared telemetries between the two to see where Stroll would be gaining time. So if anyone has it please post it, would be interesting.

Mexico in 2022 was a disaster for the team so who knows, these things sometimes repeat themselves. At least they'll have 3 FPs though with the altitude and how it affects downforce not sure whether that data is as useful.

CjC
CjC

jofs89 wrote:
diffuser wrote:
-wkst- wrote:

More updates in Mexico?
Just a fan's point of view

diffuser

collindsilva wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 14:09
jofs89 wrote:
diffuser wrote:

In Normal circumstances, your point is valid, however, AMR specifically wanted to test their upgraded package against the previous one. if they did the set up considering the normal conditions i.e. to gain positions, then the performance in comparision to other cars is not valid.
I disagree with that statement. Fact...look how they nailed the Qatar car setup with no FP in Texas. Teams coming with minor or no updates aren't gonna have setup issues. Also it wasn't that both drivers had just FP1 to get the setup right, it was more like they had just a few laps in FP1.