2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
deadhead

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

I think its the car, as soon as LEC started feeling more comfortable with it he has been faster.. I think Japan is when things changed, so if he stays healthy (I saw he had some issues this past weekend) I expect him to be faster than Sainz for the rest of the season.

Cassius
Cassius

jambuka wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 17:59
ferrarifire wrote:
23 Oct 2023, 17:11
I have no hopes on Ferrari retaining 2nd spot on the constructors championship.. strategy sucks ..with the Mercedes update, there is no way Ferrari can challenge Mercedes

AR3-GP wrote:
15 Oct 2023, 06:22

The Haas will be RB concept with Ferrari engine and Ferrari suspension. Of course Ferrari is not working directly with Haas because that is verboten but I'm certain there are things that anyone could learn from "afar".
Actually Russel wasn’t that fast with Merc upgrade. HAM was but ride height was too low. Next race will tell if Merc can be as fast with higher setup.
Russell was fastest on track in final stint. A few seconds faster than Lewis.

Also, they performed much better in the fast corners with the upgrade. They were already strong in the slow. I expect them to be race win contenders in Mexico and Brazil.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

deadhead wrote:
24 Oct 2023, 20:12
I think its the car, as soon as LEC started feeling more comfortable with it he has been faster.. I think Japan is when things changed, so if he stays healthy (I saw he had some issues this past weekend) I expect him to be faster than Sainz for the rest of the season.
I might be able to retrieve the article later but Leclerc said the Suzuka floor made the car suit him more. He cited that upgrade with regard to his oversteer preference.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 24 Oct 2023, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.

Macklaren
Macklaren

Xyz22 wrote:
24 Oct 2023, 17:30
Hamilton was too strong, but yeah Charles would have passed Norris for sure.
How are you guys so confident that Charles would have passed Lando? He finished the race 3 seconds behind him + 22 seconds for a pit stop. With 10 laps to go, do you really think he would have been 2.5 secs a lap quicker than Lando?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Macklaren wrote:
24 Oct 2023, 20:49
Xyz22 wrote:
How are you guys so confident that Charles would have passed Lando? He finished the race 3 seconds behind him + 22 seconds for a pit stop. With 10 laps to go, do you really think he would have been 2.5 secs a lap quicker than Lando?
The assumption is that Leclerc did a 2 stop race from pole position. If Carlos started 4th(?) and almost caught Norris, then Leclerc would have caught Norris.

There’s a lot of factors in this however. It’s too simple to just assume it would be so. Norris overcooked his tires.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Macklaren wrote:
24 Oct 2023, 20:49
Xyz22 wrote:
Charles was around 4s ahead of Sainz before the first pit stop
Charles had a pace advantage on Sainz in the first stint of over 0.2s

This pace, projected on a 2 stop strategy, would put Charles in the fight with Lando for P3. On pure pace, actually quite ahead.

Macklaren
Macklaren

Hmmmm OK I see. not sure he would have def been ahead given Lando's early pace vs. Charles but could have been a challenge at least (we dont know Lando vs. Charles Hards pace with both of them pushing)

Xyz22
Xyz22

Macklaren wrote:
24 Oct 2023, 22:05
Hmmmm OK I see. not sure he would have def been ahead given Lando's early pace vs. Charles but could have been a challenge at least (we dont know Lando vs. Charles Hards pace with both of them pushing)
Of course, this is based on the idea that Charles was able to lap around 0.2s quicker than Carlos in stint 2 and 3 as well.

organic

Xyz22 wrote:
24 Oct 2023, 22:25
Macklaren wrote:
Of course, this is based on the idea that Charles was able to lap around 0.2s quicker than Carlos in stint 2 and 3 as well.
Considering Charles was 2 tenths faster than Carlos whilst also doing more tyre saving to run the 1-stop, we should probably predict more than 0.2s advantage over him in a theoretical 2-stop for Charles

Xyz22
Xyz22

organic wrote:
24 Oct 2023, 22:26
Xyz22 wrote:
24 Oct 2023, 22:25
Macklaren wrote:
Considering Charles was 2 tenths faster than Carlos whilst also doing more tyre saving to run the 1-stop, we should probably predict more than 0.2s advantage over him in a theoretical 2-stop for Charles
To be honest, i also think Sainz was on a 1 stop at the beginning as well but that doesn't change the overall picture.

Vanja #66

Xyz22 wrote:

Charles was super quick this weekend considering how strong Sainz usually is and the issues of the SF 23 that are terrible for Leclerc's driving style. Unfortunately, as usual, Ferrari ruined his weekend. Not the first time and won't be the last.
Unfortunately for both himself and Ferrari, Sainz is fixated only on getting and staying ahead of Leclerc in the race in whatever way possible. In the first stint, he let Max blow past him without trying to hold him back to help save the P3 that Ferrari had with Leclerc at that point, only to hook on to Max with DRS to keep up and get right behind Leclerc in order to try and pass him. He lacked the pace to do so though.

His attitude, complaining and constant opposition to putting the team ahead of himself is not received well within the team since Binotto left. It doesn't look like he'll be staying after next year. And to me it looks like he'll scorch the earth on his way out, hope I'm wrong.

Xyz22 wrote:
24 Oct 2023, 22:28
To be honest, i also think Sainz was on a 1 stop at the beginning as well but that doesn't change the overall picture.
No, the team split the strategies before the race.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Xyz22
Xyz22

Vanja #66 wrote:
25 Oct 2023, 09:27
Xyz22 wrote:

Charles was super quick this weekend considering how strong Sainz usually is and the issues of the SF 23 that are terrible for Leclerc's driving style. Unfortunately, as usual, Ferrari ruined his weekend. Not the first time and won't be the last.
Unfortunately for both himself and Ferrari, Sainz is fixated only on getting and staying ahead of Leclerc in the race in whatever way possible. In the first stint, he let Max blow past him without trying to hold him back to help save the P3 that Ferrari had with Leclerc at that point, only to hook on to Max with DRS to keep up and get right behind Leclerc in order to try and pass him. He lacked the pace to do so though.

His attitude, complaining and constant opposition to putting the team ahead of himself is not received well within the team since Binotto left. It doesn't look like he'll be staying after next year. And to me it looks like he'll scorch the earth on his way out, hope I'm wrong.

Xyz22 wrote:
24 Oct 2023, 22:28
No, the team split the strategies before the race.
According to some team radios, it appears that Sainz was on plan D initially.

TFSA

Xyz22 wrote:Some people really thought that Sainz and Russell would use a more conservative ride height setting and lose performance :D
Absolutely possible. Ride height goes hand in hand with suspension stiffness, and different drivers may very well have different suspension preferences, and whether or not the car is scraping the track is affected by both.

It's even possible that Russell/Leclerc might have gone with a lower standing ride height, but still be legal because stiffer suspension would prevent them from bottoming out at high speeds. This setup would of course have them driving less on the kerbs.

Vanja #66

Xyz22 wrote:
25 Oct 2023, 09:36
According to some team radios, it appears that Sainz was on plan D initially.
These simple messages have a different meaning in every race, so other teams can't figure out what you are trying to say.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

JPower
JPower

Slahinki wrote:
24 Oct 2023, 13:21
Andres125sx wrote:
24 Oct 2023, 12:44
About conspiracies read on this thread about Ferrari, Santander, Lecrerc's engineer, all of them working against Lecrerc, who actually is Ferrari golden boy.... guys, keep it real please
Agreed, there are so many posters in this thread that are completely deluded regarding the supposed shadowy Spanish overlordship over Ferrari. It's beyond ridiculous.
Always need a boogie man to blame...